Temple vs BC comparison, would ACC pull a Big East? | The Boneyard

Temple vs BC comparison, would ACC pull a Big East?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So, I just got finished reading the thread about BC's woes. I'm curious, does anyone remember/know the situation and criteria that led to the Big East booting Temple? Is BC heading in that direction or already there? Not trying to troll BC here, just wondering if it is at all plausible....

Reaction Score
Times and situations are pretty different. Temple was a football member. BC is all major sports. TV deals, Tier 3, online, etc.

As Penn State proved, it will take a lot to get kicked out of a conference.

Reaction Score
Not a chance.

Temple though could be attractive to the ACC though as an expansion candidate as the Owls 1) partially fill the gap in the ACC's footprint by losing Maryland and not going after Rutgers, 2) sit in the US's 4th largest TV market, 3) have decent basketball cred, 4) are a 'hot' football team, 5) fit the ACC's profile of going after 3nd or 3rd tier teams in a give market, and 6) Rule #1.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Yes, but we are no where near there.

It would take a seriously long period of non competitiveness, plus a track record of negative net value for both them and Cuse. They would essentially have to abandon the northeast market.

So, it's not very likely.

Reaction Score
the comparison with Temple is off. Temple was never a true member of the Big East conference. They played football in the conference by contract, but were never a voting member.

I don't recall any conference kicking out a real, full, voting member, and I have no reason to think we're going to see it.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
It will never happen because every conference needs a few horses and few easy wins. BC fulfills the latter.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
the comparison with Temple is off. Temple was never a true member of the Big East conference. They played football in the conference by contract, but were never a voting member.

I don't recall any conference kicking out a real, full, voting member, and I have no reason to think we're going to see it.

Maybe BC will be a pioneer, blazing a new trail in college athletics by becoming the first full conference member to get the boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom