Temple 10 Rutgers 0 at halftime | The Boneyard

Temple 10 Rutgers 0 at halftime

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Yeah wtf....it's bad enough UConn's season is over. I'd hate to see the positive press that the Big Eat has gotten be shredded too, especially by Temple. If RU loses, which they will at some point this season, let it be to Cincy or Louisville, not Temple....

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
it shold be no suprie at all. they had a easy as heck schedule so far. they barely beat us. the final score was rung up by late hail mary crap. we stink and we were very close to being up at half vs them. they are not a top 25 team. been saying it all year and there dumb fans will once again go quiet come winter when they realize how overrated they are. they dont know what good football is becuase they have never been good in 100 years and havn't ever scheduled anyone good so they could at leas witness it. that state.

Reaction Score
Rutgers is a high as they are because of a win over a lost Arkansas team. Now if they lose to temple the big east loses a lot of credibility here in my opinion.

Reaction Score
I guess we UCONN fans no longer have to be embarrassed about being in a league with Temple. They are proving to be a more than adequate replacement for Syracuse.

Reaction Score
There is NO way I can cheer for the Diet Coke Cans. Unless they are playing in a bowl. Which has been a rare occurrence throughout their history. Go Owls!

Reaction Score
FWIW: Temple's defense has now gone 4 straight quarters without giving up any points.
Am listening to this game at work. Rutgers is fortunate to only be down by 10 points. It could be a lot worse.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I guess we UCONN fans no longer have to be embarrassed about being in a league with Temple. They are proving to be a more than adequate replacement for Syracuse.

we lost - we got
cuse fball(bc north)-got temple fball(rising)
pitt fball(bc west)-got ucf fball(rising)
wvu fball(stud)-got bsu fball(stud but not same level)
cuse bball(stupid zone and rare runs)- got memphis bball(rising and is not far off from cuse post season wise)
pitt bball(what about a final 4?)- got temple bball(rising)
wvu bball(good program)- blah(one of ucf/uh needs to rise down the road)

Reaction Score
The announcer just said the Temple QB has to make pre-snap reads. Kind of like an audible. Imagine that.

Temple's QB reminds me a lot of Lorenzen, just not as fast.

Reaction Score
Yup. Good for the big east if they keep winning. As much as I hate to say it.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Yup. Good for the big east if they keep winning. As much as I hate to say it.
Big East desperately needs a top 10 team or two. If they hold on today, they play MAC Kent St. (5-1, playing WMU today which should be a good indicator of how good they are) and then Army. Could easily be 9-0 and presumably in the top 10 in all polls (by virtue of other teams losing) heading to Cincinnati.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Meanwhile, if Ville beats Cincinnati in two weeks, they could very easily be 11-0 heading into their matchup with Rutgers. Home games against USF, Temple and UConn with a road game against Cuse.

When's the last time the Big East had 2 teams in the top 10 at the same time?

Of course it is difficult for any team to go undefeated unless they are a legit powerhouse talent which I don't think Rutgers or Louisville are. They both have schedules that would allow it though. They just need to play consistently which in college is often easier said than done.

blitz8ru

Rutgers Fan
Reaction Score
yeah!!!

35-10!!!! :)

We haven't executed this well since Arky on offense... we left a TON off points on the field in both the UConn and Syracuse games... would have scored 30+ in those games if we hadn't had a lot of drops and played conservative O most of both games... It sucks that the only time we open up the play book is when we get behind by 2 scores... we were down 10-0 @Arkansas as well and by the end of the 3rd quarter it was 28-13 RU... at the end of the 3rd quarter @Temple it was 21-10 RU...

The difference between the 1st and 2nd half was execution (in all 3 phases of the game) plain and simple... 2nd half our QB stopped overthrowing the ball so much and our receivers actually caught the ball instead of dropping them... when they do that we can put up points quickly unlike vs UConn and Syracuse where we pretty much just sat on 2 score leads for the majority off the game by running up the gut and playing soft zone most off the game...

BTW we also held Temple to 191 total yds and 72 passing yds and only 56yds in the 2nd half... though we did give up 119yds rushing (around 100 of those yds were during the 1st half)...

I hope you guys beat pitt...

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Congrats on a nice win...hell, for us, any win is a nice win....:eek:

Reaction Score
it shold be no suprie at all. they had a easy as heck schedule so far. they barely beat us. the final score was rung up by late hail mary crap. we stink and we were very close to being up at half vs them. they are not a top 25 team. been saying it all year and there dumb fans will once again go quiet come winter when they realize how overrated they are. they dont know what good football is becuase they have never been good in 100 years and havn't ever scheduled anyone good so they could at leas witness it. Fecundity that state.

Too funny. A fan of a program with more losses then wins over their history... making fun of RU's overall winning history over the last 150 years. That assinine rant of yours above shows you are right about rutgers about as often as UCONN wins. Practically never these days.

We just shellacked a team on the road that beat you at your place, while you were getting pasted by a team RU beat just a week ago.

Talk about two programs going in different directions. By UCONN. You're looking smaller and smaller in our rearview mirror.

Reaction Score
Too funny. A fan of a program with more losses then wins over their history... making fun of RU's overall winning history over the last 150 years. That assinine rant of yours above shows you are right about rutgers about as often as UCONN wins. Practically never these days.

We just shellacked a team on the road that beat you at your place, while you were getting pasted by a team RU beat just a week ago.

Talk about two programs going in different directions. By UCONN. You're looking smaller and smaller in our rearview mirror.

Can't argue that. Fortunately, UCONN has a much bigger brand. We just need to get a good coach quick before all traction is lost in football.

However, busting on Rutgers right now is ridiculous. They are pretty good, we totally suck.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

150 years and no trophys to show. yes u really have something special. everyone here knows uconn is bad this year, were not hiding it. but everyone who isn't looking thru red glasses also sees that rutgers is not top 25 quality. u guys have the easiest schedule ever. u had ark down and that was a great game i will give u guys that for signing that deal. but they happen to be in a down year. sucks for your ooc.
off the top of my head i can honestly think that your whole schedule so far may be belwo 500. am i right? whgo was your fcs game? i dont remember that 1? you have played no one this year yet and the league is trash besides lville who as of late also doesn't look great. you guys get something good to yell and bitch about once every 50 years at rutgers so have fun. the res tof the college football world is laughing.

you got 2 field goals based off good field position vs us early and uconn the bead 1st and goal. no surprise a we suck. but to think u guys played well vs us is also crazy. it should have been 7-6 or 10-6 or 7-3 uconn at the half of our game if we were anythiung past crapy as a fball team. the score looks good becuase late 4th u had 2 pics(one pic6 i think i remember) on us hail mary crapy delone . your blind to good fball.

Reaction Score
150 years and no trophys to show. yes u really have something special. everyone here knows uconn is bad this year, were not hiding it. but everyone who isn't looking thru red glasses also sees that rutgers is not top 25 quality. u guys have the easiest schedule ever. u had ark down and that was a great game i will give u guys that for signing that deal. but they happen to be in a down year. sucks for your ooc.
off the top of my head i can honestly think that your whole schedule so far may be belwo 500. am i right? whgo was your fcs game? i dont remember that 1? you have played no one this year yet and the league is trash besides lville who as of late also doesn't look great. you guys get something good to yell and bitch about once every 50 years at rutgers so have fun. the res tof the college football world is laughing.

you got 2 field goals based off good field position vs us early and uconn ****s the bead 1st and goal. no surprise a we suck. but to think u guys played well vs us is also crazy. it should have been 7-6 or 10-6 or 7-3 uconn at the half of our game if we were anythiung past crapy as a fball team. the score looks good becuase late 4th u had 2 pics(one pic6 i think i remember) on us hail mary crapy delone ****. your blind to good fball.

UCONN is not just bad this year. You have been bad for almost your entire history. That is the point. You making fun a school's history when your own history is full of more losses than wins (unlike Rutgers) is just silly in its ineptitude.

And what is this Hail Mary crap you keep talking about? You're the only one psting such garbage. Take it like a man. Your team got beat on that play. There was no crazy luck involved on that touchdown pass. You just got beat. Be a man and admit when you lose to a better team.

RU. has now beaten UCONN 4 out of the lat 5 times...and 6 out of the last 8 times.That's domination.

OH there is laughing going on. But it's not the college world laughing at Rutgers as you say. It's by rutger fans laughing at how small UCONN looks in our rearview mirror as we increase the distance between the two schools' football programs.

Reaction Score
UCONN is not just bad this year. You have been bad for alomost your entire history. That is the point.

Funny coming from a Rutgers fan. One of the worst programs in the history of the sport.

Reaction Score
How quickly they forget the got curbed stomped at the Rent last year.

Reaction Score
UCONN is not just bad this year. You have been bad for almost your entire history. That is the point. You making fun a school's history when your own history is full of more losses than wins (unlike Rutgers) is just silly in its ineptitude.

And what is this Hail Mary crap you keep talking about? You're the only one psting such garbage. Take it like a man. Your team got beat on that play. There was no crazy luck involved on that touchdown pass. You just got beat. Be a man and admit when you lose to a better team.

RU. has now beaten UCONN 4 out of the lat 5 times...and 6 out of the last 8 times.That's domination.

OH there is laughing going on. But it's not the college world laughing at Rutgers as you say. It's by rutger fans laughing at how small UCONN looks in our rearview mirror as we increase the distance between the two schools' football programs.

Why are you here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01