Team USA's 2024 Olympic Roster | The Boneyard

Team USA's 2024 Olympic Roster

Reaction Score
Name a roster based on performance and NOT nostalgia. My requirements are these players
must maintain their 2023 WNBA stats & they do not suffer any serious injuries.

I have a hard sell by date of 34 yrs out and OUT!

My 2024 Olympic Roster

1. Brittney Griner No: 15 POS: C HGT: 6-9 Current Age: 34 Paris 24 & out

2. Aliyah Boston No: 14 POS: C HGT: 6-5 Current Age: 22
Traditional big body center. The perfect player to keep Kamilla Cardoso outside the block.

3. Shakira Austin No: 13 POS: C HGT: 6-5 Current Age: 24
Rebounding, rim protection, putbacks, & opportunitsitc scoring. The player most likely to
replicate Brittney Griner's stats.

4. A'ja Wilson No: 9 POS: PF HGT: 6-5 Current Age: 28
Best player in the world

5. Breanna Stewart No: 10 POS: F/PF HGT: 6-4 Current Age: 30 World Cup 26 & out
Member of the world's best front line.

6. Alyssa Thomas No: 2 POS: SF HGT: 6-2 Current Age: 32 World Cup 26 & out
Defense & scoring

7. Napheesa Collier No: 11 POS: SF HGT: 6-1 Current Age: 27
An excellent small forward that brings defense & scoring with a deadly mid-range game.

8. Rhyne Howard No: 13 POS: SG/SF HGT: 6-2 Current Age: 23
A TWO position player that can play emergency PG, plays as a SG in the W, and can play
as a SF. She is bigger and a MUCH better three point scorer than Collier. Let's see how
much Howard ascends in her third season.

9. Caitlin Clark No: 12 POS: SG/PG HGT: 6-0 Current Age: 22

10. Jackie Young No: 3 POS: SG HGT: 6-0 Current Age: 27

11. Chelsea Gray No: 8 POS: PG HGT: 5-11 Current Age: 30 World Cup 26 & out

12. Kelsey Plum No: 5 POS: PG HGT: 5-8 Current Age: 28

Reaction Score
From another thread:

I just find the Plum and Young cuts hard

It definitely wouldn’t be outrageous to put Young ahead of Copper and Plum ahead of
Loyd. Loyd didn’t do herself any favors by doing her best impression of Ogunbowale
[Brickowale] last season. If that looks like it favors the Aces too much, so what? Lynx
players were prevalent on Team USA when the Lynx were relevant.

-------------------------------------

Loyd is a SG, Plum is our PG. Team USA will not have any problems scoring, but

we need ALL of the defense we can get.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I always thought USAb used numbers 4-15? Did they retires Sue's number 6? What happened to 4? Just being weird about the numbers.
I like your roster. I think it's a little post heavy. I think Loyd will make the team over most of those guards, but I would take out Shakira Austin and put in Loyd.

It'll be interesting if Griner starts or comes off the bench. I believe Stewart and Wilson can start at the 4 and 5. They could also slide to the 3 and 4, but that would displace Collier/Howard.

Reaction Score
4. A'ja Wilson No: 9 POS: PF HGT: 6-5 Current Age: 28
Best player in the world
Not sure about this.
Overall, Maya and DT are better than A'j.
Present, Stewart is better than A'j.

Last edited:

Matthew1589

Iowa Hawkeye Grad and Fan
Reaction Score
I agree with @Kaizen, take out Shakira Austin, if healthy Jewel Loyd is a lock. I know there's been a lot of discussion about DT in the other thread, she still has the ability but with the way her career has been the last several years the odds of her being healthy are 50/50.

Reaction Score
This is from the USAB web site,
The list includes DT, Stewart and Napheesa.
I don't know why Caitlin Clark is not in the list.

Reaction Score
I agree with @Kaizen, take out Shakira Austin, if healthy Jewel Loyd is a lock. I know there's been a lot of discussion about DT in the other thread, she still has the ability but with the way her career has been the last several years the odds of her being healthy are 50/50.
DT can certainly knock down shots, but so can many other players who are far less of a defensive liability as DT is at present. Base on ability she does not deserve to be on the team.

Reaction Score

The last time Taurasi was Taurasi:

Reaction Score
Not sure about this.
Overall, Maya and DT are better than A'j.
Present, Stewart is better than A'j.

IF you are interested in an objective answer, I have the stats that clearly show who is
the better player. I fully understand that some people are only interested and 1,000%
invested in a player or players from their school or the school they support.

I am a Team USA [Men & Women] fan first, last, & always. For me, College & especially
the WNBA regular and post season are THE road that a player must travel and excel at
to land a Team USA roster spot. The endgame is DESTROYING all FIBA opponents.

When it comes to Team USA, the school you attended as a player or student is irrelevant
to the task at hand. Team USA roster spots should be an absolute meritocracy. The only
exception I would allow for is IF the player in question is a locker room cancer or a head-
case like Cambage.

Why is it that the fans of Team USA [Men] are not caught up in this where did you go [player]
to school nonsense
?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom