TDH - No Mike Leach This Week Please | The Boneyard

TDH - No Mike Leach This Week Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
31-14 with 8:00 left WSU. Final Colorado 35 Washington State 34.

Reaction Score
Give Leach time. I am a huge fan of his as an offensive mind. He needs to get his players into that scheme. He has a solid qb (Tuehl), and one awesome wr, but they both seem to be having difficulty grasping the system.

Reaction Score
Well, he obviously went conservative when he should have kept the pedal to the metal.
see even the good ones can get too conservative. Lesson ti be learned there.

Reaction Score
As much as I like Leach he'd be a bad cultural fit in CT. He'd be on the job 3 minutes before saying something nattering nabobs would go nuts about.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well, he obviously went conservative when he should have kept the pedal to the metal.
see even the good ones can get too conservative. Lesson ti be learned there.

It was the opposite. He kept throwing when he could have run out the clock.

Reaction Score
As much as I like Leach he'd be a bad cultural fit in CT. He'd be on the job 3 minutes before saying something nattering nabobs would go nuts about.

Sounds like he would have been perfect for the job. Winning cures a lot of nattering. Just win baby.

Reaction Score
Nothing like a coach who blames a loss on his players girlfriends

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Mike Leach lost to Colorado this week. Blowing a 3 TD lead in the 4th quarter. If you don't get how difficult that is - it's like Charlie Weis finishing a Ironman Triathalon.

Reaction Score
UConn didn't need Leach for defense. But he's forgotten more offense than PP and Dele have ever known based on what we seen the past year and a half

Reaction Score
It may be time for Bobby Patrino? Yes, the guy Is a bag, but he can coach and recruit.

He'd work. Hey if Kentucky hoops can benefit behind
John Calipari, then UConn needs to stop looking for the community award types. Get somebody who can coach offense.

Reaction Score
Sounds like he would have been perfect for the job. Winning cures a lot of nattering. Just win baby.

Politcal correctness in this country is unbelievable. Who cares. Win games. Have fun. Say whatever you want. It's called freedom of speech.

Reaction Score
Nothing like a coach who blames a loss on his players girlfriends

Well... Under the mindset of some on this board it's better than putting it on the players.

Reaction Score
And, if UConn doesn't, can we lock you in one of Rentschler's Port-O-Pots?
If u think they have a better chance of being 500 in the pac than we do In the big east ill take that bet but if I win you change your name to fairyhusky.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Petrino scares me - God knows how he'd end up flaming out here. He's the kind of guy who pulls the pin on a grenade and then throws the pin.

As for Leach, he'd be a perfect fit.

We used to be in trailers - he'd lock injured players in those same trailers.

See how that works?

Reaction Score
Washington State will have a buzz saw offense in three years. You can print it.

I kind of like the Western Michigan staff myself. Or we should consult Cincy, they always make good hires.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
What we need is a reasonably creative OC who is willing to tailor the playbook & gameplan to match the personnel. We don't need to be able to do what Texas Tech did under Leach but a competent level of effectiveness (along with ball protection) would have been enough to have made us bowl eligible last season and put 8-9 wins as a realistic goal this season. We then can build on this with better recruiting (which would be easier with the above mentioned results).

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Currently football program is in neutral with a couple of old cats behind the wheel revving the gas, lots of show and no go,buckle up fans gonna be a crazy end to the season.

Reaction Score
Washington State will have a buzz saw offense in three years. You can print it.

I kind of like the Western Michigan staff myself. Or we should consult Cincy, they always make good hires.

This is the way to go. None of this conservative:"we shouldn't go overboard, just start to . . . .. New Coaches, offensive oriented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom