Talking Smack in Texas | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Talking Smack in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
No need to take something a 17-18 year old says so seriously. It's easy for us as adults to understand what is politically correct to say in an interview now, but no way of knowing what we would have said at her age if in the same situation.

If this young lady is 17 she gets a pass in my book.

18? She owns those words and will grow to regret them when they don't pan out.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I love how Walker is cordial and confident in her response. "We are cool. We both like to compete. ... This is about business, and the reason I kept my ranking was because I took care of business."
I think Geno is going to like Walker's attitude.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Who's Boothe? Never heard of her. ;)

When I read this thread title, I thought it was going to be about one of our players or coaches stepping off the plane in Dallas and predicting a Final Four coronation (not really...they're all too smart for that).

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Time will tell.

I'm not going to judge a teenager for their "perceived" bravado. I taught tweenagers and teenagers for over 30 years. Nothing surprises me about them. Though in the case, a little guidance from her coach or parents might not be a bad idea.

Reaction Score
Just for the record, Boothe was named MVP at the McDonald's All-American game last night. She was high point player, made four three's, got more rebounds than any other player, in some ways dominated the game. So maybe she knows exactly what she is talking about. But she would be better off letting her game do her talking. Her comments can be a little hard to take.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Rellah is a fairly big-bodied and strong left-handed player who can definitely hit the three. She's about 6'1" or maybe slightly taller and will join Joyner Holmes (no pun intended) in the Texas front court.

It's not ridiculous that Megan maintained her status for 4 years. Think Maya, Candace, or Elena. Some kids are just that good.

Reaction Score
I kind of felt sorry for the kid. Hope it all turns out well for her.

Reaction Score
Liked the response from Megan as she sidestepped the smack talk. Already sounding like a Husky.
For those that didn't read the article:
(Walker, when reached for comment, said, "We are cool. We both like to compete. ... This is about business, and the reason I kept my ranking was because I took care of business.")
I don't know much about Walker.... but I like her already. :)

Reaction Score
My advice to her- act like you've been there before. Nothing shuts people up like letting your game speak for you....

Reaction Score
Even if she had not committed, Geno would not be recruiting her.... Taurasi was not that cocky at 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom