Tailgate Menu for UMass Game...Revised Edition | The Boneyard

Tailgate Menu for UMass Game...Revised Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I had earlier mentioned Yankee Pot Roast. Then I went to the garden & changed my mind. Theme is still a New England fall harvest, so I'm picking my cabbages this week & making Golabki (Polish stuffed cabbages) Wednesday night to pop into the oven Thursday afternoon. Everything else will be the same: Chowder, Mashed potatos, etc. The local orchards still have some beautiful peaches- we'll figure out some kind of dessert. And, of course, beverages to taste.

Reaction Score
I had earlier mentioned Yankee Pot Roast. Then I went to the garden & changed my mind. Theme is still a New England fall harvest, so I'm picking my cabbages this week & making Golabki (Polish stuffed cabbages) Wednesday night to pop into the oven Thursday afternoon. Everything else will be the same: Chowder, Mashed potatos, etc. The local orchards still have some beautiful peaches- we'll figure out some kind of dessert. And, of course, beverages to taste.

Is there a thin red sauce served with your cabbage and mashed potatoes? Just curious, I had a childhood friend whose mom served those two things together with the sauce and i used to love it. Probably because I am Italian---but it really made polish food worth eating for me.

Reaction Score
Is there a thin red sauce served with your cabbage and mashed potatoes? Just curious, I had a childhood friend whose mom served those two things together with the sauce and i used to love it. Probably because I am Italian---but it really made polish food worth eating for me.
When I put the stuffed cabbages in the baking pan, I cover them with a can of crushed tomatos. Because I've got plenty of tomatos, I'll just use the food processor to chop some up instead. Then cover that with the outer cabbage leaves, cover the pan & bake at 350 degrees for 1.5-2 hours. The tomatos & juices from the cabbage & meat form a "thin red sauce" which I prefer to think of as gravy for the mashed potatos.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
When I put the stuffed cabbages in the baking pan, I cover them with a can of crushed tomatos. Because I've got plenty of tomatos, I'll just use the food processor to chop some up instead. Then cover that with the outer cabbage leaves, cover the pan & bake at 350 degrees for 1.5-2 hours. The tomatos & juices from the cabbage & meat form a "thin red sauce" which I prefer to think of as gravy for the mashed potatos.
Now I can visualize what my great-grandmother did... I have her covered pan for them, I will need to give it a go.

Reaction Score
I think a Massachusetts opponent requires seafood. I'm thinking clam chowder to start, followed by some grilled "jerk" scallops with grilled potato slices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom