Tage Thompson>2017 U.S. National J.r Team/Adam Huska>Slovakia National Jr. Team | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tage Thompson>2017 U.S. National J.r Team/Adam Huska>Slovakia National Jr. Team

Reaction Score
He had an assist tonight!

Okay didn't realize and must've missed it. He was great all tourney though, starting from game 1! I bet if he stays at UConn 1 more year (which I think he will), he will be a captain next year on team USA, possibly considering who is back.

Reaction Score
Okay must've missed it. He was great all tourney though, starting from game 1! I bet if he stays at UConn 1 more year (which I think he will), he will be a captain next year on team USA, possibly considering who is back.

Not C but alternate definitely.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Okay didn't realize and must've missed it. He was great all tourney though, starting from game 1! I bet if he stays at UConn 1 more year (which I think he will), he will be a captain next year on team USA, possibly considering who is back.
No worries....it happened fast and I don't remember them mentioning it. I only saw it because of the tweet! You can see it pretty well on the video, now that you know what to watch for.

Reaction Score
No worries....it happened fast and I don't remember them mentioning it. I only saw it because of the tweet!

It looked like they were trying to set him for another 1 timer chance on that play (like the semi finals) to make it 2-2 but Bellows made a great tip. Fox and Cecconi were studs all tourney but yea it did happen fast and through the excitement I missed it, good catch Bomber. Let's beat Yale! Tage should be flying high, it'll be interesting to see if Cav inserts him into the lineup. Huska had an extra day or 2 to relax so he should be ready but I bet Nichols gets the start since he is appearing to heat up a little.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
It looked like they were trying to set him for another 1 timer chance on that play (like the semi finals) to make it 2-2 but Bellows made a great tip. Fox and Cecconi were studs all tourney but yea it did happen fast and through the excitement I missed it, good catch Bomber. Let's beat Yale! Tage should be flying high, it'll be interesting to see if Cav inserts him into the lineup. Huska had an extra day or 2 to relax so he should be ready but I bet Nichols gets the start since he is appearing to heat up a little.
I really hope to see him play. One of the announcers said "most of these guys will be playing for their college teams this weekend." I hope he's right. We need Tage on the ice. He's young, he can handle the grind. I agree on Nichols...played well out west.

Reaction Score
Next year's WJC hockey tournament is in Buffalo, if I read it right. Will Thompson be too old for that team, or is there another level he moves up to??

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Next year's WJC hockey tournament is in Buffalo, if I read it right. Will Thompson be too old for that team, or is there another level he moves up to??
Good question....if I read the rule below correctly, then the answer would be no. He was born on 10-30-97. Am I reading this correctly?

• the player has his 20th birthday in the year of the tournament's ending (i.e. born in 1994 for 2014 tournament), and at latest, the fifth year after the tournament's ending (i.e. born in 1999 for 2014 tournament);

Reaction Score
We'll have to wait for the experts to chime in (Huskymedic, FDNY)!! I have no idea how to interpret that.

Reaction Score
Good question....if I read the rule below correctly, then the answer would be no. He was born on 10-30-97. Am I reading this correctly?

• the player has his 20th birthday in the year of the tournament's ending (i.e. born in 1994 for 2014 tournament), and at latest, the fifth year after the tournament's ending (i.e. born in 1999 for 2014 tournament);
He's not eligible next year...

Reaction Score
Kids like Tage that go to college as a 18 yr old freshman are only eligible to play in the WJC Tournament as a freshman and sophomore.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom