Syracuse | The Boneyard

Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am worried that if Indiana can't beat them tonight we may be seeing this team for the rest of the tournament. Which sucks because I really can't enjoy this tournament at all as long as they are still in it. I'd rather see Duke still win than to see them continue.

I always suspect they would make a run because most of today's teams can't handle a zone defense being thrown at them. Montana was embarrassing and Cal refused to take that game. But if Indiana plays like they did against Temple we will be stuck with Syracuse probably until the Final 4.

Reaction Score
Nope, they will lose tonight.

Hope your right. I cannot wish enough bad things on that fan base right now. Really have developed a strong dislike for them in recent years for obvious reasons. I don't think I could stomach them making the Final 4.

Reaction Score
put Oladipo on MCW and make life living hell for him from the opening tip and IU will win.

Reaction Score
put Oladipo on MCW and make life living hell for him from the opening tip and IU will win.
Bingo, put Oladio on MCW from the start and Cuse will have major problems.

Reaction Score

Oladipo certainly didn't do so well on Wyatt from Temple, but luckily exCuse doesn't have a scorer like Wyatt. I read a news story about how Indiana would be in trouble against exCuse's length at guard in the zone... but I certainly remember Boatright & Napier carving their zone up!

Reaction Score
Bingo, put Oladio on MCW from the start and Cuse will have major problems.

Only issue is who do they put on Fair? I just remembered that they start Yogi Ferrell & Jordan Hulls together with Oladipo @ SF. Either way I could see them keeping one of the PGs on the bench for extended periods with Shehee in at SF to have Oladipo guard MCW.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Then who guards Fair? Hulls and Yogi are midgets

Fair is the only player on your team who scares me. He's a matchup nightmare.

Oladipo is going to be spending time on Fair and MCW.

Reaction Score
hate to say it, but I think Cuse wins, offensively I think they are finally finding their stride.

Reaction Score
they would still have to beat miami, who'se a good team to get to the final four. Even a win here doesn't guarantee them a spot.

Reaction Score
This would require Cuse overachieving in the NCAA tournament. It's been a decade since that happened, and it took transcendent player to do that.

Reaction Score
they would still have to beat miami, who'se a good team to get to the final four. Even a win here doesn't guarantee them a spot.

If Miami gets by Marquette which I see as 60-40 they may. I don't see Marquette beating Syracuse.

Reaction Score
This would require Cuse overachieving in the NCAA tournament. It's been a decade since that happened, and it took transcendent player to do that.

They are usually do every 10 years or so. In a year as open as this it may be their time if Indiana messes around tonight.

Reaction Score
hate to say it, but I think Cuse wins, offensively I think they are finally finding their stride.

Except for the second half of the Cal game where they went 12 minutes without a field goal!

Can't Watford guard Fair?

Who is Cuse gonna put on Zeller? Melo?

Reaction Score
Except for the second half of the Cal game where they went 12 minutes without a field goal!

Can't Watford guard Fair?

Who is Cuse gonna put on Zeller? Melo?

Melo??? He left exCuse last year! Probably Christmas.

Reaction Score
Attack Southerland early and take him out of the game with foul trouble would be the best game plan. Cuse has looked awful when he is not on the floor/hitting shots.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Syrabuse's offensive success depends greatly open their zone turning the opponent over leading to fast breaks. Montana and California did an awful job executing against the zone. If the opponent keeps their cool and works the ball into the weak areas of the zone (foul-line, short-corner etc.), the zone is very beatable. It is when the opponent's players get flustered by the hacking, slapping D at the top of the key to foul-line and the borderline flagrant hard fouls that they commit on every possession within five feet of the basket, that is when teams fail.

I certainly am hoping that Indiana has their stuff together tonight. They have the talent, but they have not played well so far this tournament.

Reaction Score
Well if Indiana does blow it, which I'm afraid they may, then we better root for Michigan. Because they would light up that zone all day long.

Reaction Score
I can only hope Indiana ate a different dinner than the one Miami had in DC tonight.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Cuse looks much better than IU so far, so I predict Hoosiers shoot lights out tonight over that zone and beat Orange by 11. No science, no logic, just fuggin hate them

Reaction Score
They have gotten to close to the final four for my looking already. Hoping for a blow out tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom