Syracuse Surprises UNC on the Road | The Boneyard

Syracuse Surprises UNC on the Road

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Final: Syracuse 78 UNC 73 ... Oranges come from way down to rally for the win.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
And one of the Day twins finished with 11 pts... 9 rebounds... 4 steals.... and 2 blocks.... This victory is EXTRA sweet for the twins..:cool:

HGN

Reaction Score
It was a great game.....UNC let it get away in the 2nd half after being up by double digits .

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
It was a great game.....UNC let it get away in the 2nd half after being up by double digits .

Well It was a close & exciting game at the end but not exactly a clinic on how to play basketball. Especially the first half. A mess on both their parts.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
And one of the Day twins finished with 11 pts... 9 rebounds... 4 steals.... and 2 blocks.... This victory is EXTRA sweet for the twins..:cool:
Sometimes ugly things happen in recruiting, so this was especially nice for the Day twins. Three more years of this 'rivalry' after this year!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Sometimes ugly things happen in recruiting, so this was especially nice for the Day twins. Three more years of this 'rivalry' after this year!

Even more special that it happened in Chapel hill..... in front of their family and friends.

Reaction Score
That was a bad home loss for UNC. They have road games at GT, ND, UVA, Not Our State at Reynolds, and Duke at HIS.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
UNC was up by 2 w/ about 3 mins to go when Mavunga was T'd up for taunting a Cuse player after a block. Cuse then scored 7 straight points to take control of the game. That team needs to grow up a lot.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Did you see it? The call was "taunting." I wonder what she did/said?

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Not a surprise.. Right off the playground which is how they play.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Did you see it? The call was "taunting." I wonder what she did/said?

Yes, Mavunga blocked a shot and the Cuse player fell down out of bounds. Mavunga then stood over her for 2-3 seconds staring at her and then I think said something. It happened right in front of Dee Kantner who issued a T after UNC scored on the ensuing possession. Mavunga was never removed from the game, btw. I understand she's young but this wasn't the first time she has taunted an opponent.

BTW, McDaniel could easily have been T'd after called for her 5th foul with a few seconds left in the game. She stood in from of the UNC bench laughing hysterically and clapping. It was very strange. I thought to myself: What would CD have done? Yikes. The inmates are in charge.

Last edited:

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Yes, Mavunga blocked a shot and the Cuse player fell down out of bounds. Mavunga then stood over her for 2-3 seconds staring at her and then I think said something. It happened right in front of Dee Kantner who issued a T after UNC scored on the ensuing possession. Mavunga was never removed from the game, btw. I understand she's young but this wasn't the first time she has taunted an opponent.

BTW, McDaniel could easily have been T'd after called for her 5th foul with a few seconds left in the game. She stood in from of the UNC bench laughing hysterically and clapping. It was very strange. I thought to myself: What would CD have done? Yikes. The inmates are in charge.

I agree, both of those incidents left a sour taste in my mouth about what direction this young team is going in. I hope they grow up.............and soon.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I agree, both of those incidents left a sour taste in my mouth about what direction this young team is going in. I hope they grow up...and soon.

Mavunga is an interesting player. She is a big, strong, mobile, aggressive post player who plays with a bit of an edge. The other stuff (taunting, body language in team huddles, unusual FT routine, etc.) needs to be reined in.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Mavunga is an interesting player. She is a big, strong, mobile, aggressive post player who plays with a bit of an edge. The other stuff (taunting, body language in team huddles, unusual FT routine, etc.) needs to be reined in.

I cant wait until they bring their act to Durham...

Reaction Score
I was impressed by the play of sophomore Brianna Butler. She shot lights out in the second half, and stepped up when needed. Too bad we don't get to see this team on a regular basis anymore.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I was impressed by the play of sophomore Brianna Butler. She shot lights out in the second half, and stepped up when needed. Too bad we don't get to see this team on a regular basis anymore.

Seriously- I miss Coach Q. That guy was the best.

Reaction Score
Not a surprise.. Right off the playground which is how they play.[/quo
And X-girl fouled out.
In my opinion, North Carolina is one of many women's college basketball teams that has some highly athletic and skilled players that have a tendency to continually play out of control. It seems that their coaches either don't instruct them properly or when in game situations, these girls revert to playing a women's game version of street ball where they rely on their athleticism and play totally out of control. That's why these type teams are prone to get steamrolled by UConn in games where prior to game time, some Huskie fans may have a bit of a concern about the outcome of the game but once the ball is thrown up, UConn's skilled players show their discipline and team play and win handily. North Carolina in particular has been prone to that so I'm inclined to think that their coach is unable to instill that type discipline in her recruits or maybe she is willing to recruit the type girls who will never allow themselves to be coached. That's why Geno looks for girls with the right type of skills and attitudes.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I hate to keep repeating myself.... UNC wbb is Playground City. Far too many big egos to play as a cohesive team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom