Syracuse self imposes one year ban for THIS season | The Boneyard

Syracuse self imposes one year ban for THIS season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oh the poor Orangemen, as it looks now they are on the bubble for making the NCAA tournament any way, but nothing is mentioned about the NIT.

Reaction Score
What a f'in joke, to impose a ban this late in the season makes them look even more sleazy than they did before.

If it was possible for me to hate Syracuse anymore than I do now, they are going to make sure I find out. It's a pretty bad look when you're consciously screwing over your current players to protect your brand. Rakeem Christmas has carried that f'in sorry team on his back all year and as a result he gets to end his career without the chance to play in the tournament. I hope Cuse gets killed for this, unfortunately they won't because of the alumni base that works for ESPN.

This is like a guy self-imposing a ban on drinking after he finds out bars don't serve to under-aged kids. The NCAA should step in now and put their foot down on this nonsense.

Reaction Score
Please, please tell me this can't happen.....

Here's a quote from their press release: Syracuse initiated the investigation when it self-reported possible infractions to the NCAA in 2007. According to the school, "Much of the conduct involved in the case occurred long ago, and none occurred after 2012. No current student-athlete is involved."

So they spend 7 years investigating, wait until they suck, and then self-impose a ban for this year with a month to go in the season? From the category of you can't make this up.....and I assume there are good odds that they will get away with this, right?

Reaction Score
What a f'in joke, to impose a ban this late in the season makes them look even more sleazy than they did before.

If it was possible for me to hate Syracuse anymore than I do now, they are going to make sure I find out. It's a pretty bad look when you're consciously screwing over your current players to protect your brand. Rakeem Christmas has carried that f'in sorry team on his back all year and as a result he gets to end his career without the chance to play in the tournament. I hope Cuse gets killed for this, unfortunately they won't because of the alumni base that works for ESPN.

This is like a guy self-imposing a ban on drinking after he finds out bars don't serve to under-aged kids. The NCAA should step in now and put their foot down on this nonsense.
The NCAA will probably ask ESPN what they think.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'm self imposing a ban that I won't get drunk tonight.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
St. John's did this as a pre=emptive strike during one of their crappy post-Satan years. Its screams meaningless gesture.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Funniest part, the syracuse board has closed the thread discussing the ban to outsiders, members only. Oooh so secretive!

Reaction Score
This isn't final. NCAA may tack on an additional year to the ban, and vacated wins & scholarship losses look likely at this point.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
We should offer a self imposed ban this year on the post season for future transgressions and then pay Stone a small fortune to play for us next year and we will except 20 credits for classes not attended from North Carolina.

Reaction Score
Funniest part, the syracuse board has closed the thread discussing the ban to outsiders, members only. Oooh so secretive!
Not sure it's trying to be secretive, but just trying to keep trolls from all over the place out of there. Look at the PSU boards when that entire situation was going on. It was basically an XBox live chat room.

Reaction Score
Bilas is saying this is basically a plea deal worked out with the NCAA.

If so, then there'd be nothing more.

Reaction Score
This isn't final. NCAA may tack on an additional year to the ban, and vacated wins & scholarship losses look likely at this point.
I'll hold my breath until that happens.....Truly hope you're right though. My faith in the 2 A is nonexistent. NO transparency, no consistency. This includes the ACC tournament, correct????

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Not sure it's trying to be secretive, but just trying to keep trolls from all over the place out of there. Look at the PSU boards when that entire situation was going on. It was basically an XBox live chat room.
That's awful Marxian of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc