Syracuse Postgame Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Syracuse Postgame Thread

Reaction Score
Why not?
unless she has vastly changed her defence, it will be dungee all over again with 3s and blow byes. I think CW is playing better defense now than she was then, but I dont think a CW-Clark matchup favors us in the least bit

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Yeah the non-basketball questions are annoying. It's why I've said cut down on how much press access there is in general. They've essentially run out of things to talk about. I'm waiting for one of the questions to be "Paige, with the popularity of the color blue, what does it say about you that you've chosen red as your favorite color?"
What is your favorite color? Red vs blue? That would soooo controversial! She might get tossed off the bridge like in the holy grail. Could be the ratings coup of the year. ;)

Reaction Score
unless she has vastly changed her defence, it will be dungee all over again with 3s and blow byes. I think CW is playing better defense now than she was then, but I dont think a CW-Clark matchup favors us in the least bit

I understand where you're coming from but disagree. CW has the size and quickness to bother Clark. Nika is too small. AG can step in as well to spell CW but I think that's our best matchup.

Reaction Score
there are only 4 other starters. who would you like it to be then?

CW's defense has improved in the latter half of the season. In the BET didnt she shut down the opponent's top scorer?

In any event it will be a team effort.

Reaction Score
What is your favorite color? Red vs blue? That would soooo controversial! S
That's just silly.
Clearly Paige's favorite color is national flag blue. And Caitlin's is gold.

Reaction Score
I like having AG on her. But if she goes for 40 AND gets the 7-8 assists, it is going to be a shoot out....
I think mixing it up and keep her guessing is a pretty good strategy, but then I like the possibility of using Aubrey as well. I think Iowa is more dependent on one player than almost any team we could face. They also get efficient inside scoring from their big body but not that tall C, often depending on a timely Clark pass. So shut down Clark, not just the scoring but the passing as well and you take out their outside and inside game.

That makes using a-lot of Aubrey on her potentially very valuable. If you hold down their top two, the rest of their team can't beat us. Liv may be a good enough defender/shot blocker to neutralize their inside scoring without much help. Basically Clark is a great player, but we have a variety of good tools to try to slow her down. CW has done well as a perimeter stopper recently. We switch often and with Nika, Evina and Paige, none of those would be a liability. Then we have a versatile defensive star on the bench in Aubrey.

I'm not sure what the best game-plan is for Clark. Whatever approach we start with, we can easily switch to another if it isn't working.

Reaction Score
Liv is not a natural banger... She likes a little space. If AE reminds you of Wes Unseld, think of Liv as a Ralph Sampson. We've got room for both.
Exactly! People complain about Liv as if she is a bang around post. That is not Livs style of play and will never be!!! Liv is a finesse player. I thought last night defensively may have been one of her best games. A lot of our rebounds came from just her boxing out for someone else to grab the rebound. What she did last night is exactly what we need going forward.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Exactly! People complain about Liv as if she is a bang around post. That is not Livs style of play and will never be!!! Liv is a finesse player. I thought last night defensively may have been one of her best games. A lot of our rebounds came from just her boxing out for someone else to grab the rebound. What she did last night is exactly what we need going forward.
I’m going to mildly disagree with the idea that Liv is just a finesse player, although she certainly can be that player at times. If last night taught us anything about Liv, it’s that she can bang in the post when she has to.

Cardoso had 2” and 30-40 lbs on Liv, and Liv fought her tooth and nail in the paint for position and boxed out relentlessly for position on the boards.

Reaction Score
UCONN struggled on 3 pointers because Syracuse's game plan was to guard the 3 point line and then collapse into the lane. But the defenders weren't quick enough to cover the pass from the corner to the basket for easy layups. And that was their failed strategy.

Reaction Score
UCONN struggled on 3 pointers because Syracuse's game plan was to guard the 3 point line and then collapse into the lane. But the defenders weren't quick enough to cover the pass from the corner to the basket for easy layups. And that was their failed strategy.
Surprised Cuse game plan was to guard 3 pt line. We are not a great 3 pt shooting team. Cuse coach unfortunately did not adapt when his defensive game plan was not working.

Reaction Score
Here's My 2 cents: ( Obviously,lol)

Easily Livs best game. Why? Because she more than held her own down low. Her fronting defense kept the ball getting to Cordoso, basically eliminating her from the offense. Also, boxed out and rebounded well. No "bully' ball from future opponents.
Evina really handled the point well, her smoothness with the ball and pace made it possible to chop the "Cuse zone apart.
I know Paige stops looking to score when the game is out of reach. However, she needs to realize that to win this tournament, her 3 point scoring will be essential. Passing up wide open threes is keeping her from seeing the ball go in which could affect her confidence.
Looking forward, our team speed , combined with our size will make this team extremely hard to beat. By anybody.

Reaction Score
Never seen UConn switch so much as this year. Multiple people will guard Clark, including Paige & AE.

Reaction Score
Why so many questions about Caitlyn? The last one for Aaliyah , are you friends with Caitlyn. Really Stick to the game of bb questions
Duh- Aaliyah plays for Canada. Why would she be friends with Caitlyn? Clueless

Reaction Score
lol. i dont think paige lacks confidence in anything
In her overall ability, I agree. However shooting is a different animal...players during a game think about being "Hot" or "Cold" based on seeing the ball go in. Seeing the ball go in gives the shooter confidence.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
they need a new shot clock guy, another time , the shot clock ( which sounds like the game clock) went off when CW and PB were running up the floor.
Actually it was correct for the shot clock not to reset before the CW three, Cuse never established possession there.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Actually it was correct for the shot clock not to reset before the CW three, Cuse never established possession there.
Not sure about that. While the Cuse player was on the floor she had two hands on the ball and tried to pass it to a teammate. That would be possession in my book.

Reaction Score
We we need someone , an expert, to review ,as the Syracuse player clearly had two hands on the ball, was falling out of bounds and passed to CW.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom