Syracuse is screwed | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Syracuse is screwed

Reaction Score
What?

Cuse "has been a bubble team for the past six seasons"?

Did not know that.

Well heck..I may have to give them more credit...for making the Final Four and Sweet Sixteen in two of the last three tournaments...

Had to look it up...made the Final Four as a 10 seed...and Sweet Sixteen as an 11 seed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They’re just bad.

Really bad - and they’re bad by design.

Boeheim/Girard would be an okay backcourt at, like, Niagara or Fairfield.but JB has them out there like they’re all-ACC candidates. And they’ll be bad next year because Boeheim is absolutely committed to that tire fire in the back court.

Add in the fact that they’re recruiting badly and they still have that five year ‘we hired the wrong guy’ period coming that everyone goes through after replacing a hall of famer and you can almost kiss off the decade there.

Remember when Andre Jackson turned them down because he wanted playing time? He’d start at like nine positions at Syracuse and probably be asked to drive the team bus.
This did not age well at all. Cuse just made their second sweet 16 since 2018 and a FF was not too long ago, 2016. I wish UConn could be "this bad" since 2016....

Cuse gets to enjoy the second weekend while UConn was bounced in the first round by a very average Maryland team and barely scored over 50...If that makes Cuse bad what does that make our Huskies??

This title would have made more sense if Cuse was replaced with Pitt, if we are going with former BE teams in the ACC. Or BC, but everyone already knows that, including BC. Pitt seems to be in some kind of denial.

Would Cuse break 50 if they played us?
Let's be honest, they'd win by at least 10 over this year's UConn. It'd be a similar ugly type game to the Maryland game, 65-53 type of affair. It is a hard pill to swallow, but Cuse was better than UConn this year and they've been better than UConn since the 2014-15 season. Dislike them all you want, I know I do, but the last time UConn had a better season and was better was the 2013-14 season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This did not age well at all. Cuse just made their second sweet 16 since 2018 and a FF was not too long ago, 2016. I wish UConn could be "this bad" since 2016....

Cuse gets to enjoy the second weekend while UConn was bounced in the first round by a very average Maryland team and barely scored over 50...If that makes Cuse bad what does that make our Huskies??

This title would have made more sense if Cuse was replaced with Pitt, if we are going with former BE teams in the ACC. Or BC, but everyone already knows that, including BC. Pitt seems to be in some kind of denial.

Let's be honest, they'd win by at least 10 over this year's UConn. It'd be a similar ugly type game to the Maryland game, 65-53 type of affair. It is a hard pill to swallow, but Cuse was better than UConn this year and they've been better than UConn since the 2014-15 season. Dislike them all you want, I know I do, but the last time UConn had a better season and was better was the 2013-14 season.
Eh. Really depends on which UConn showed up. If the lottery pick Bouknight played his A game then we could certainly beat them. If not then we lose. Not worried about them. The nose picker will stay longer and that will be a good thing

Reaction Score
We would look at their zone and become befuddled. It appears that we never adapt to something out of the ordinary like a man to man defense.

Reaction Score
We would look at their zone and become befuddled. It appears that we never adapt to something out of the ordinary like a man to man defense.
Based on the last two weeks or so that appears to be every other program in America too

Reaction Score
This is the last year Syracuse is better than UConn. Next year will be Boeheim's last and it won't be pretty.

Reaction Score
This is why they keep their 2-3 zone. I've mocked them for it, but they use it religiously and when it comes March Madness time, it is a huge tool for them to go deep against teams that aren't used to seeing it - as opposed to teams that are in their conference during the regular season.

Well that and Buddy Boeheim becoming lights out unstoppable right now.

I'm sure you can find threads on their forum of plenty of fans trying to get both Boeheim's out of Syracuse over the past 3-4 months.

Reaction Score
Didnt we beat them at the Garden when they were ranked under Hurley? I dont care what theyve done since 2016. Ill take our 5 previous years over their 5 years since then. That being said i agree with a lot of what you said but screw the cuse!!!

Reaction Score
Didnt we beat them at the Garden when they were ranked under Hurley? I dont care what theyve done since 2016. Ill take our 5 previous years over their 5 years since then. That being said i agree with a lot of what you said but screw the cuse!!!

Why? They have had more success than us since 2016. Why would you prefer less success to more success?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
They are set up to make the sweet 16 forever but will not win another title

Reaction Score

They can easily make the final four this year. Their next game(s) are easier than San Diego St & West Va.

I thought SDSU was going to go deep! Boy was I wrong.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If they win the first game, chances are they’ll win the second. The zone is tough to prep for on a one day notice. With a week before the game, they are easier to handle.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
How'd they finish in their conference this year and the past several?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Since 2014, they haven't finished better than 8th in the conference. They get into the tournament and play teams who don't know how to play against the zone. This place would've have imploded if we had a conference record like theirs with no talent coming in

Reaction Score
It would depend on what time of the season they played. Early on I thought UCONN would fare better, at the end of the season it looked Like Syracuse is better. Sometimes people just get hot at the right time. Thinking of Nappier leading a UCONN team that had no business winning it all. I remember reading about Bill Bradley at Princeton almost bring the Tigers a national championship, also Oscar Robertson's coach at Cincinatti telling the rest of the team that they were good but to be great they all had to defer to Oscar. Not an exact quote but there were stories that he would not let anyone else shoot for stretches unless they had a layup. Be honest, don't you miss two games a year with a possibility of a tourney game. Some epic battles over the years.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
4>1. And even if the worst case scenario happens, 4 is still twice as many as 2.

Just sayin...

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Thinkin about throwing a lot of money down against Syracuse...team had time to prepare against the zone no way they win

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom