Syracuse Football Schedule | The Boneyard

Syracuse Football Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe this was talked about already but has anyone noticed Syracuse's OOC schedule? It's pretty entertaining:

Northwestern, USC, Minnesota, and Mizzou.

I think I'm just jelous because I live in Chicago and it'd be cool to see my team visit Northwestern and MN eventually, but they're lucky to get some interesting matchups.

Reaction Score
I'm not so sure...I mean they'll get bopped by USC, and probably lose the others, but Minnesota and Northwestern and Missouri aren't exactly Alabama, Michigan and Nebraska...but I conede it looks better on the schedule than Umass, Buffalo and Western Michigan. I would expect a decent Big East team to be capable of going 2-2 at worst against that schedule. Syracuse not so much.

Reaction Score
I'm not so sure...I mean they'll get bopped by USC, and probably lose the others, but Minnesota and Northwestern and Missouri aren't exactly Alabama, Michigan and Nebraska...but I conede it looks better on the schedule than Umass, Buffalo and Western Michigan. I would expect a decent Big East team to be capable of going 2-2 at worst against that schedule. Syracuse not so much.
how would you expect a decent BE team to do against Fordham, Vandy, Iowa State, Buffalo, Western Michigan?

Reaction Score
how would you expect a decent BE team to do against Fordham, Vandy, Iowa State, Buffalo, Western Michigan?
Well at least we dominated our 1AA opponent, as opposed to getting lucky late, and it seems to me that we beat Syracuse, so there's that.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score

You sure you want to go there? OK I'll bite.

Last year we weren't a decent team. And yet still beat you and finished 2 games better in the conference. Next

Reaction Score
Syracuse's problem is really what I referred to in the other thread. They don't much care about Syracuse football anymore. Over the years it has become a basketball school primarily. If they don't over reach with their scheduling they will likely have 30,000 in the Dome. If they do over reach they get clocked. People don't come to see Syracuse, they come to see the opponent.

Reaction Score
Well at least we dominated our 1AA opponent, as opposed to getting lucky late, and it seems to me that we beat Syracuse, so there's that.
it was more of a "people in glass houses" type comment - but congrats on your domination of a 1AA opponent

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
it was more of a "people in glass houses" type comment - but congrats on your domination of a 1AA opponent

Can you imagine going back to 2003 and telling SU fans we would have dominated the series against them?

Their heads would have exploded.

It does seem like once BCU and Miami hit the ACC, winning became secondary to cashing checks. I have a feeling that SU is one bad hire away from becoming Duke North.

Reaction Score
Can you imagine going back to 2003 and telling SU fans we would have dominated the series against them?

Their heads would have exploded.

It does seem like once BCU and Miami hit the ACC, winning became secondary to cashing checks. I have a feeling that SU is one bad hire away from becoming Duke North.
or one good season away from really taking off

facilities and recruiting are improving year over year - finances improving - depth chart finally full again - things are ready to break out

and yes - I never, ever would have imagined that UConn would've dominated that series- especially once P was out of the way - what a crazy, crappy decade it's been

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom