Syracuse.com: Top 15 Coaching Jobs in CBB | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Syracuse.com: Top 15 Coaching Jobs in CBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orc

Reaction Score
2004: Johnny Come Lately's, Even San Francisco has 2 National Championships, Am I right?
2010: Calhoun is over the hill and Uconn can't recruit because they know he's done, they'll return to the loser program they are
2013: Between the APR ban and Calhoun retiring, UConn is done. Kevin Ollie Knows Lebron James! *Snicker*

2015: Ollie's in the NBA next year and he only won with Calhoun's talent anyway. UConn is done.

It seems like every single time they make a prediction that uconn bball will die, we seem to end up in the final four . HAvent they learned anything

Reaction Score
Syracuse fan here. Let's be clear: no national championship is ever a "fluke". Unexpected, sure. Unlikely, yes. But a fluke? No. George Mason's final 4 at your expense wasn't a fluke either. You earned every championship you have. I'll also say that most rational BB observers, if given the choice between the past 15 years of Syracuse BB and UCONN BB would probably go with UCONN. That said, Syracuse is clearly the better job right now, even in spite of the NCAA crap. And that's not even to say that we'll definitely have more success in the future. A good way to think about it is if KO coached at Syracuse for the next 15 years, would he likely have more or less success than at UCONN? I think he'd have more. And I think that 95% of America agrees. You're lucky--you have a very good coach who's probably better than the program circumstances he inherited. Given time, he may raise the job profile.

Fair post but I highly doubt 95% is in agreement with you. Actually I'm guessing besides conference rankings we would win in a landslide. But as it is I'm still thinking 50% would likely think UConn is a great program to be coaching.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I don't really see the dome as a great recruiting advantage. Sure, they fill it up once in a while for a big game, but the Yum Center is the type of place that is going to attract kids now. And the one place that can't recruit against UConn because of the weather is Syracuse.

Reaction Score
I don't really see the dome as a great recruiting advantage. Sure, they fill it up once in a while for a big game, but the Yum Center is the type of place that is going to attract kids now. And the one place that can't recruit against UConn because of the weather is Syracuse.

Exactly. The Dome is an old circus tent. I was in it two years ago and it's just bad. Especially for basketball with the odd black curtain down one half. But it's the only gig in that depressed town. I doubt coaches are impressed by the Dome these days.
The article is void of any real facts and seems to be trying to sell something that just isn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom