Swish: EDD's first choice is to land in Chicago | The Boneyard

Swish: EDD's first choice is to land in Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Who has the 2nd pick? I think it's Phx, Chicago, Tulsa and Washington? so Chicago it will be. Tulsa will get Diggins and Washington will have to decide who goes next. For all their luck in the draft, they might as well not even have been in the lottery. There are some very good players in the class, but only 3 are truly elite...

The article mentioned that Chicago might go for a PG (Diggins) since they were plagued by turnovers last year? I hardly think Diggins over EDD makes sense, but I'm just an armchair QB... They already have Vandersloot. She needs to improve in that area, but I hardly think it would make sense to take Diggins over EDD.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Interesting that she would say that already. But at least it's honest. She could have said "please don't send me to Tulsa." But she's certainly not singing that old country song, "Take Me Back to Tulsa" by Bob Wills.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ernie will be a regular on the PHL-ORD route. :)

Good choice for Elena. I think she will be a megastar in Chicago.

Reaction Score
Who has the 2nd pick? I think it's Phx, Chicago, Tulsa and Washington? so Chicago it will be. Tulsa will get Diggins and Washington will have to decide who goes next. For all their luck in the draft, they might as well not even have been in the lottery. There are some very good players in the class, but only 3 are truly elite...

The article mentioned that Chicago might go for a PG (Diggins) since they were plagued by turnovers last year? I hardly think Diggins over EDD makes sense, but I'm just an armchair QB... They already have Vandersloot. She needs to improve in that area, but I hardly think it would make sense to take Diggins over EDD.

Thanks pap for your links!!!Thanks Eric! A few thoughts. I can't help,but look at EDD and think "What if" If I am Chicago from a talent standpoint,I Gotta take EDD! Do they go from a marketing their product? then Diggins from ND/SouthBend,Indiana comes into play,though they would not say that publicly!

Agree that Wash with the worst record, ends up with a pick, talent wise below the Elite 3! Not dissing the other kids in the draft at all!

If I am Phx with Diana.Bonner,Penny.Prahalis,Charde, and company I have got to be ECSTATIC about getting Griner;)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So much for the EDD detractors that hypothesized that she wouldn't even play pro ball due to family constraints. Glad that one's put to bed.
Well it's not put to bed yet until she does.

And even when they go to bed, they sometimes get back up for a drink of water. ;)

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
So much for the EDD detractors that hypothesized that she wouldn't even play pro ball due to family constraints. Glad that one's put to bed.

Indeed...A healthy dose of crow for some. Salt or ketchup goes well I am told.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IMHO EDD said Chicago as she knows that she will be drafted with one of the top three picks. She's smart enough to know Griner should be the #1 pick and that eliminate Phoenix as a choice. I also think distance from home would eliminate Phoenix for EDD.

I suspect that if they asked a question, would you like to see Washington make a trade to get the 2nd pick to pick her, EDD would probably say that would be great.

Reaction Score
You gotta hand it to EDD.
She goes from being raised to be "The Face of WBB" to being ridiculed by x players, and people everywhere only to turn it completely around and get even better. 6'5 guards in wcbb and the wnba with her skills. You gotta be kidding me. What's more, I am happy for her.

Her future in wbb will take her as far as Elena wants to go. I do know this. She is the only woman in the world that has the skills to legitimately play all 5 positions on the court.
GO UCONN

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score

Yes, it certainly should. Seems always a mistake to project a serious, more-mature, 23 year old is going to somehow think and act just like their former serious- intelligent - less experienced - 17 year old- self. If that were true, why do we support them going college? I think most parents eventually learn that 17 year olds – even when sincere - simply think,… differently (Still, I wish Ozzie had not mentioned "salt"...)

Father: "You were in charge of weeding. Any theory why our corn only reached 13 inches high this year?"
Arty: "Well, sir… I knew there had to be a smarter way to do this than pulling up weeds between these rows of corn, for weeks all summer. We had just learned in High School that Rome ensured nothing would grow at the ruins of Carthage, by salting the soil. So, naturally, I figured if I just took a few cans of Morton Salt between these rows…"

Reaction Score

Isn't she the chick who went on ESPN to proclaim she hated basketball since she was 13 and was going to play volleyball? Did she get back into basketball?

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Yes, she plays for Delaware. You need to keep up with basketball news in a new way.

Irony alert...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32