Sweet Caroline! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Sweet Caroline!

Reaction Score
I love what CD is and is going to become. This year I expect a lot of ups and downs regardless of minutes. Nearly every freshman that enters the NCAA Tourney and has a decent enough role will feel pressure/have it affect them. But she has a characteristic that I love is that overall she's fearless. OFC she will get "humbled" from time to time and get cautious as all freshmen do, but long term she can get into the paint and has a lot of unique moves to get off her shot that has a legit chance for a score or get fouled. As each year goes by she'll be less nervous - I think CWill and Evia are the opposite and play very nervous (though hopeful this year will change).

Very excited regarding long term prospects of CD.
E did not play nervous yesterday. Kept them in the game.

Reaction Score
E did not play nervous yesterday. Kept them in the game.
I hope it will continue to be. However, I don't think all those missed f/t's were only due to being tired and just missing. I just think at times last year and before Paige got hurt she gets scared to shoot.

When I was posting on BB1f's thread asking 3 things we want to see- I was always posting number 3 for Evina to have a great game. She can be so versatile if only she can get off her shot in good shooting flow more.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I hope it will continue to be. However, I don't think all those missed f/t's were only due to being tired and just missing. I just think at times last year and before Paige got hurt she gets scared to shoot.
Scared to shoot? How do people think this stuff up?

Reaction Score
Scared to shoot? How do people think this stuff up?
Look at the close game before Paige USF - and the SC game. She took 6 shots in each. She was a number 2 overall recruit with we'd think A/a aspirations and with her size and handle and after all we hear of the emphasis being put on Paige, how is it she only got off 6 shots in each? In one of them, understandable a bit because she was missing but the other - why only 6?

It was similar story lats year in E8 and FF that she only took 8 and 9 shots. With all the attention given to Page and CWill - it would help if she got off more shots being that she’s efficient and not just a set shooter. She can actually make plays on her own.

What I'm suggesting is not much of a knock- I'm suggesting that she is "human" and gets nervous a bit just like nearly anyone else not named Diana Taurasi and Sue Bird etc. are. Even the pros have stats called "clutch stats." Some players don't feel pressure like others. Imo nothing wrong with suggestion a player gets a bit nervous and working toward better.

Reaction Score
I am very excited to be able to watch Caroline progress this year. She seems to have a great ability to make the right pass under pressure and is a dead eye three point shooter. On top of that she has a great ability to cut and create her own opportunities by doing so. She will only get better from here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom