Sweet 16 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Sweet 16

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Colorado caught my attention when they won at LSU to open the season. I think they get it done versus Iowa and set up a rematch with LSU.

Reaction Score
The Kiki Rice show.
Kiki Rice did UCLA no favors at the end of the LSU game driving to the basket. Even if she was trying to draw a foul rather than score, Betts would have been the much better option for both objectives. Betts could well have fouled both Morrow and Reese out of the game with more touches.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I did not watch the game but when I looked at the box score late in the game, it appeared to be a foul fest...plenty of players with 3 or 4 fouls...
Was it?

Reaction Score
The refs have been told to crack down on the no jewelry rule, but how about rules re: sportsmanship or taunting.
I didn't see anything outrageous. In the men's game it would be...part of the game. I didn't see Draymond out there. Lol

Reaction Score
Rice has talent, but something is not clicking with her and that offense...or coach. Sometimes I forget she's on the court.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
So, hoop experts - is it "just" a technical if Rice had collided with Mulkey when dribbling, after Betts made the block late in the 4th Q?

Reaction Score
Kiki Rice did UCLA no favors at the end of the LSU game driving to the basket. Even if she was trying to draw a foul rather than score, Betts would have been the much better option for both objectives. Betts could well have fouled both Morrow and Reese out of the game with more touches.
For every good play she made Rice made triple the number of poor decisions..........looked like a soccer player playing basketball player today....

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Close is a wonderful person, a kind mentor, and a thoughtful champion for Women's athletics. Still not sold she's got the coaching chops to make a championship run though, and today hasn't shaken me of my skepticism.

But man, if basketball games were decided on justice rather than acumen, it'd be Close 100 - Mulkey 40.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I didn't see anything outrageous. In the men's game it would be...part of the game. I didn't see Draymond out there. Lol
Really? Ask Cam Spencer about that? Reese definitely taunted their bench. We may never know exactly what she said.

Reaction Score
Reese definitely was saying things in the direction of UCLAs bench when she was leaving after the 5th floor.
Don’t know for sure it was TO the bench nor what was said, but given track record ….

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I wonder if Dee Kantner will also be doing the Elite 8 game in Albany on Monday????

Reaction Score
Reese definitely was saying things in the direction of UCLAs bench when she was leaving after the 5th floor.
Don’t know for sure it was TO the bench nor what was said, but given track record ….
Can't make a call on a record or for something that the refs missed. I'm sure there were things she said earlier and they chose to...let them play. Game was over. Heck if trash talk was penalized...Mulkey would foul out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So, hoop experts - is it "just" a technical if Rice had collided with Mulkey when dribbling, after Betts made the block late in the 4th Q?
Mulkey is always on the court... squatting as if that's her spot.

Reaction Score

One thing floating around is that she said “that was a weak ass foul,” in response to a Ucla player clapping about her 5th foul.

Dunno if accurate

Reaction Score
I was watching the men's game on TV, the women's game on my laptop, while listening to the Pack men on the radio. What a night
So I suspect you’ll be awfully tired today, to either listen to, or watch the Cameron Crazies suit up against my favorite team!

Reaction Score
One thing floating around is that she said “that was a weak ass foul,” in response to a Ucla player clapping about her 5th foul.

Dunno if accurate
Wouldn't surprise me. Close seemed disturbed whatever she said. My thing is this. If that's her reaction... how would those words impact her players? Reese knows that she gets under people's skin.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So I suspect you’ll be awfully tired today, to either listen to, or watch the Cameron Crazies suit up against my favorite team!

Got two Peach Nectarine Red Bulls chilling in the freezer right now just in case

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Feel bad for Brink. Really loved her game, sad her career ends with fouling out with 8 minutes left
Stanford fans - do you think Betts would have made a difference last night?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Good thing Oregon St. won that first game yesterday...cuz it's been a lot of not good things happening to West Coast teams ever since.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom