Susan Herbst to appear on WTIC Sportstalk... | The Boneyard

Susan Herbst to appear on WTIC Sportstalk...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Joe D. just announced on his signoff the President Herbst will be his guest on Thursday night between 6:30 an 7 P.M.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Will she take calls? Prob not.

Reaction Score
Unless she's going to say "Surprise, btches! We in the B1G/ACC/some better situation"... I can't stomach another round of fake rah rahs for our current situation.

I can't like this post enough. Next time I want to hear from Herbst is when she announces our new conference affiliation. Last time her and Warde appeared on NPR was embarrassing.

pj

Reaction Score
I'll be satisfied if she announces we have a new offensive coordinator.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Unless she's going to say "Surprise, btches! We in the B1G/ACC/some better situation"... I can't stomach another round of fake rah rahs for our current situation.

I would even take it if she just said, "Surprise, b!tches!" with nothing else to say and then walked away from the mike... ;)

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
With all due respect to an otherwise dynamic leader:

Shut up and lead, Susan. Just shut up and lead...

Reaction Score
Given my disdain for this empty dress suit, I give her credit for at least attempting to speak to an alienated and pissed off audience. She can say something meaningful and set out a clear vision, or continue with the hollow puffery with no substance. I don't expect announcments. I do expect an articulation of goals, initiatives and timelines - in other words to purposeful leadership.

Of course, I don't expect JoeD to push her like he ought to.

Reaction Score
Timelines on what? Conference affiliation? Stadium expansion? If you're hoping to hear any comments or timelines on those you will be sorely disappointed. I fault her for one thing, allowing themselves to be outmaneuvered by UL. Time will tell if she can rebound from that one major gaffe.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Timelines on what? Conference affiliation? Stadium expansion? If you're hoping to hear any comments or timelines on those you will be sorely disappointed. I fault her for one thing, allowing themselves to be outmaneuvered by UL. Time will tell if she can rebound from that one major gaffe.

You don't fault her for the nonsensical things she says? Wait 2 days and we'll have plenty more.

Maybe she'll do the interview in French.

The best part is she'll know the questions in advance and it will still be a show.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Expect a thrilling explanation of how hard she and Warde lobbied the ACC while in the Virgin Islands, and how it's the fanbase that is holding us back from consideration. Even though we are winners who like to win.

Reaction Score
You don't fault her for the nonsensical things she says? Wait 2 days and we'll have plenty more.

Maybe she'll do the interview in French.

The best part is she'll know the questions in advance and it will still be a show.
Its all fluff. The only thing that will matter is if we wind up in a better conference. She botched one opportunity, and make no mistake I believe she botched it. The rah rah nonsense doesn't register with me. This will strictly be a pass/fail endeavor on her part.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i'm going to where ever joe d talks on the radio with a baseball bat and breaking the whole station into pieces. susan can thank me later for saving her from doing something else stupid.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
i'm going to where ever joe d talks on the radio with a baseball bat and breaking the whole station into pieces. susan can thank me later f saving her from doing something else stupid.

Farmington. Good news, you can take the bus very close to their studio.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If she talks, you peeps are mad. If she doesn't, you're mad.

Honestly, her best bet is to go on the radio and tell all you failure monkeys to duck* yourselves.

She's gonna go on the radio tomorrow and pump up this s*** storm of a conference we're in, but she ain't doing it for us - we know what it is and she knows that - she's doing it for the more casual type who might not. We need more of those duck*ers to fill seats.

That said, feel free to lose your feeble minds tomorrow night.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i got a better idea, instead of going on radio and lying to the casual fan who wouldn't be listening in the first place cause he/she is a casual fan, she should fire the fball staff. i bet she gets more seats filled that way. anyone think her on the radio 2moro will sell more seats then a new staff? how about instead of wasting 2 hours 2moro doing the radio she sits down and creates a new brand or a new strategy for something in the ad. anything. i don't see one ticket being sold 2moro based of her going on the radio with joe d and lying about smu and central community college of florida.

Reaction Score
i got a better idea, instead of going on radio and lying to the casual fan who wouldn't be listening in the first place cause he/she is a casual fan, she should fire the fball staff. i bet she gets more seats filled that way. anyone think her on the radio 2moro will sell more seats then a new staff? how about instead of wasting 2 hours 2moro doing the radio she sits down and creates a new brand or a new strategy for something in the ad. anything. i don't see one ticket being sold 2moro based of her going on the radio with joe d and lying about smu and central community college of florida.

You are starting to make this place unbearable.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
You are starting to make this place unbearable.

so u think her on the radio talking about memphis and ecu is going to sell casual fans on tickets?

do u currently work at uconn?
if the answer to that is yes, then court is over. if u say no to it, i can link u the uconn careers page so we can get u a job soon there.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Honestly, her best bet is to go on the radio and tell all you failure monkeys to duck* yourselves.

She's gonna go on the radio tomorrow and pump up this s*** storm of a conference we're in, but she ain't doing it for us - we know what it is and she knows that - she's doing it for the more casual type who might not. We need more of those duck*ers to fill seats.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

If I qualify as a 'failure monkey', I can say I fully support radio silence. Everything that she says or sends via the interwebz is more damaging than silence.

Hopefully her audience is 'feeble minded' enough to buy in.

Reaction Score
Well, I guess I'm not going to criticize her until I hear what she has to say, but I'm sure hoping she doesn't do it in French, and stays away from winning winners who like to winningly win.

Reaction Score
so u think her on the radio talking about memphis and ecu is going to sell casual fans on tickets?

do u currently work at uconn?
if the answer to that is yes, then court is over. if u say no to it, i can link u the uconn careers page so we can get u a job soon there.

Dan this thing is going to sort itself out one way or the other in the next year. Any specific appearance Dr. Herbst makes isn't going to shake up the world because most of the decisions that will impact our long-term future are fluid and involve alot of different actors. I believe we screwed up the ACC deal but maybe it was out of our hands anyway with FSU and BC putting up a real firewall. We just have to win right now, maintain our academic standing and show value in our marketplace. And oh yeah, get GDL away from the offense. The rest can just drive you nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom