surprised | The Boneyard

surprised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i am surprised more people arent commenting on Kiah being named to the second team....
i mean i thought it came out of nowhere, i couldnt be more thrilled for her, it has to be a confidence boost for her going ahead along with her increased minutes of late.

on average, she plays less than half of the game, and isnt needed on the offensive end of the floor this year, and she was named to the second team.... i think next year she could, and should, be first team all conference.

i am so excited as a fan to see where she ends up by the end of this season, and what she has in store for next season. shes one of my favorites in a long time, and it makes me happy to see her succeed

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Not surprised considering the number of players named. As most of us know, Kiah can and has dominated the boards and definitely impacts the opponents offense with her shot blocking ability. She is an awesome physical specimen and slowly but surely her mental approach is starting to make the best of those physical gifts. I could see her as a defensive POY in the conference next year. Watching her in the last game, I was so impressed by her quickness, decisiveness and aggressiveness to the ball (Geno would probably say 'about G-D time').

Last edited:

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Kiah is 10th in rebounding and 3rd in blocks in the AAC, so she's up there among the bigs, and she is 2nd in both those categories on a per minute basis, so the coaches certainly remember when she's in the game. She is an impact player.

Reaction Score
i am surprised more people arent commenting on Kiah being named to the second team....
i mean i thought it came out of nowhere, i couldnt be more thrilled for her, it has to be a confidence boost for her going ahead along with her increased minutes of late.

on average, she plays less than half of the game, and isnt needed on the offensive end of the floor this year, and she was named to the second team.... i think next year she could, and should, be first team all conference.

i am so excited as a fan to see where she ends up by the end of this season, and what she has in store for next season. shes one of my favorites in a long time, and it makes me happy to see her succeed

Many on the BY are not surprised because they are touting her for AA!

Reaction Score
I think at this point she may be one of the most underrated players in team history. She is a great defender and someone we are lucky to have. We have a lot of scorers but she brings something else to the table.

Reactions: HGN
Reaction Score

I'm on board with everything you said except I don't think it came out of nowhere. In all the OOC games that were not on SNY the announcers always pointed out how dominant she was on defense. Of course it always came with a caveat that she needed to be more assertive on offense but the point is she was being noticed.

Reaction Score
I was pleasantly surprised because I just didn't think she played enough minutes and so many people harp on her lack of offence I thought she would be overlooked. Her defense is game changing and I'm so glad she was recognized for it, I am SO happy for her. I mentioned in another thread I actually think she is already the best defensive player in the league and think (hope!) she can win the award next year. (although I do think MoJet is/will be right up there too)

HGN

Reaction Score
I wasn't surprised at all............It's good to see the coaches and voters know what a good and impactful player she is when she's in the game.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Kiah's blocking is a thing of beauty. Happy for her!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom