'Sup with Geno?? | The Boneyard

'Sup with Geno??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Any of you folks, with or without "connections, " have ANY clue about his not feeling well??? Am thinking he's not hung over since Tues....but then again, last night was, indeed, a Saturday night. So....

I'm an old person, and I don't want to be fretting about this situation while I'm in the midst of tax time and the Infernal Revenue Disservice", so any reassurance out there??.....all the best, Coach.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Prolly had the sniffles, you know how "men" are. :rolleyes:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm going to the UConn postseason event tonight and will ask him or about him, if he's not there.
Tell him I said hey, he'll know.

Reaction Score
Any of you folks, with or without "connections, " have ANY clue about his not feeling well??? Am thinking he's not hung over since Tues....but then again, last night was, indeed, a Saturday night. So....

I'm an old person, and I don't want to be fretting about this situation while I'm in the midst of tax time and the Infernal Revenue Disservice", so any reassurance out there??.....all the best, Coach.

I'm with you. . . nervous.

Reaction Score
Thanks, folks. Will watch for more news then. All the players and coaches seemed to be in fine spirits yesterday, and if something was of concern, seems to me they would know that and show that. Probably just didn't want to risk being "mic'd
up" on that double-decker bus again;) :rolleyes:

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Maybe he was just sick.
I had a cold that knocked me down pretty good ... was literally useless for three days. (Okay, more useless than usual.*) Had to reschedule some pretty important meetings because I just couldn't do much more than sleep, eat pills, force myself to drink liquids and then evacuate said liquids.
Maybe he was just sick.

Reaction Score
Maybe he was just sick.
I had a cold that knocked me down pretty good ... was literally useless for three days. (Okay, more useless than usual.*) Had to reschedule some pretty important meetings because I just couldn't do much more than sleep, eat pills, force myself to drink liquids and then evacuate said liquids.
Maybe he was just sick.
something really, really nasty going around, at least New England. It's a flu, and it hits folks who've even got the flu shot. I was holding my breath (easy, because I was sick and couldn't breathe) during the final four that our team wouldn't get it.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Same here. Really nasty "stuff" going around. I was sick for three months, and almost "bought the farm."

Just a little sinus condition left to deal with. My bride was very sick as well.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

All right, Dr. Carnac here (this turban is not the only hat I wear). :eek: Allow me to share an observation with you. Since the tournament began, Geno has been traveling on the road quite a bit. The following are all reasons why he may be under the weather:

1. Staying in hotel rooms (clean & sanitized?), eating in restaurants (fresh/cooked properly/utensils clean?). We've all gotten some bad food at a restaurant at least once in our lives.

2. If he is on any medication, he may not have taken it, or not taken it timely. If his resistance was low, he may have caught a bug from: riding in their plane (recirculated air. I became very ill during a 4 hour plane trip from Atlanta to LAX once) - touching door handles (stair hand rails - pushing buttons in elevators - touching microphones all of which are conduits for germs) - and the BIG one - shaking hundreds of un-sanitized congratulatory hands (people cough and sneeze in their hands, then want to shake yours, sometimes while you're trying to eat)......aahhhchew!! :eek: You don't wash or sanitize your hands soon after the hand shaking. That one can drop you all by itself.

3. He may just be exhausted from all of the practices, meetings, travel, media and team commitments and germs he had to fulfill. All he had to do is catch 1 bug from any of the above, and he'd be good to go.
Because the tournament is the most important time of the year for the team, there's no way he could take any time off to rest or recuperate........until they returned to Storrs.

4. When the seasons change, some people become ill.......allergies?

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1. Staying in hotel rooms (clean & sanitized?), eating in restaurants (fresh/cooked properly/utensils clean?). We've all gotten some bad food at a restaurant at least once in our lives.

2. he may have caught a bug from: riding in their plane (recirculated air. I became very ill during a 4 hour plane trip from Atlanta to LAX once) - touching door handles (stair hand rails - pushing buttons in elevators - touching microphones all of which are conduits for germs) - and the BIG one - shaking hundreds of un-sanitized congratulatory hands (people cough and sneeze in their hands, then want to shake yours, sometimes while you're trying to eat).aahhhchew!! :eek: You don't wash or sanitize your hands soon after the hand shaking. That one can drop you all by itself.
Dude, chill, you are completely skiving me out.
upload_2016-4-12_0-5-31.png

Last edited:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
atleast he got sick at the right time... if he had it during the tourney he definitely sucked it up

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
He's "under the weather", according to CD. So is Amanda Kimball, the strength coach. It can't be serious - CD and the players were affectionately making fun of him last night.

Reaction Score
NAN - see your update here, as promised. Pretty much as expected/hoped, but very good to read that reassuring news. Stay well.

CL82 - good chuckles here on that one....and great photo to boot. Stay well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom