Sunday's AAC games | The Boneyard

Sunday's AAC games

Reaction Score
Nice Sunday afternoon AAC slate with the conference's three best teams visiting quality teams.

Very good noon game with Cincy visiting Temple. With Temple leading by 13 going into halftime, Cincy's dominating rebounding and Temple's poor FT shooting sparked the Cincy comeback. Another game with Cumberland creating his own shot, drawing contact and shooting 17 free throw attempts.

Quote of the game: "Jenifer covered by Moorman".

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Can’t believe Cincinnati came back to win that game. That was. Really big missed opportunity for Temple and the NCAA tournament. They’ve lost two in a row at home now.

I think Tulsa will win this game. Still not sold on Houston.

Reaction Score
Cincy out rebounded Temple 47 to 22 at their place. Crazy numbers. When you play good defense, you can always win games. Their guards has 22 rebounds as many has Temple has as a whole. Crazy.

Last edited:

Drew

Reaction Score
Can’t believe Cincinnati came back to win that game. That was. Really big missed opportunity for Temple and the NCAA tournament. They’ve lost two in a row at home now.

I think Tulsa will win this game. Still not sold on Houston.
Just kidding. Houston’s pretty good.

Reaction Score
That Tulsa loss still stings. Would have been a W on the road, and 13-7 would have us more in the mix both for the conference and postseason. The loss at USF isn’t as bad as I thought it was initially. They have had a pretty good bounce back year.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="Drew, post: 3014121, ]

I think Tulsa will win this game. Still not sold on Houston.[/QUOTE]

What are you not sold on? They look outstanding to me. Hinton is a future lottery pick. That's a very talented Houston team and they are well coached.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Houston is no joke and Kelvin Sampson is taking that program to another level.

Translation: they will throttle UConn.

Reaction Score
For as much as we hate Cincy, you have to give them a lot of credit for basically dominating this league. They have been what we thought we would be when the league was formed.

One thing it has opened my eyes to is that you can win consistently if you can get a team to buy in on the defensive end. Between the nba and the conference crap it gets harder and harder to get elite scorers, but if you can defend you will at least win your share of games. Cronin has struggled in the ncaa tourney, but he does get them there. I didn't used to pay much attention to D but i do now more so. Both Cincy and Va win with it.

Reaction Score
We could easily be 6-1 in the league rn and 16-4 overall.
-Loss against ‘Zona could’ve easily been won.
-Against cinci, multiple different scenarios would’ve resulted in a win like better refs, jalen in OT, and Tarin makes the layup with 1:00 left in regulation.
-USF would’ve been annihilated if we played two symmetric halves. Cmon giving up 51 points on the road in the 2nd half
-Couldve beat Tulsa if we play enough D to give up under 80 points.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
One thing it has opened my eyes to is that you can win consistently if you can get a team to buy in on the defensive end. Between the nba and the conference crap it gets harder and harder to get elite scorers, but if you can defend you will at least win your share of games. Cronin has struggled in the ncaa tourney, but he does get them there. I didn't used to pay much attention to D but i do now more so. Both Cincy and Va win with it.
You’re a UConn fan and didn’t pay attention to defense? Look at the shooting percentages we held teams to during the Calhoun era. We were stifling.

Reaction Score
We may have a great rebounding advantage vs Temple. Exciting.

Drew

Reaction Score
UCF down 9 to Memphis on the road in the second half on CBSSN

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Memphis is starting to run away with this one.

Reaction Score
UCF is overrated. They were picked to win the league and I'm not sure they'll finish top 3.

Reaction Score
Why does it always seem like we play teams coming off a bad loss? I hate that because the team always comes out like a ball of fire.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Penny Hardaway just picked up his best win as a head coach

What a joke - if that's your best win that propels you into the NCAA discussion?
Rothstein is a idiot to the nth degree
UCF had a terrible game - plain and simple

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom