Sunday (3/3) games | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Sunday (3/3) games

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Pivec hit a game-tying bucket with about 6 seconds left and then McDonald's 3 at the buzzer is off the mark.

Overtime in Tucson.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Some good attendance in a few games today. Sellouts for Duke, State, Lower Carolina, Notre Dame..over 12,000 at Iowa.

Reaction Score
Just got back from watching A&M beat Arkansas at Reed Arena. Carter went out in the second half with an injury to her shooting hand after falling on it. Not clear how serious it is.

Reaction Score
Just got back from watching A&M beat Arkansas at Reed Arena. Carter went out in the second half with an injury to her shooting hand after falling on it. Not clear how serious it is.

A&M had a much better year than I anticipated with the losses during the offseason and with Wilson going down in December. Kudos to them.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
OrST wins 65-60 in 2OT. Another upset averted.

Reaction Score
I'm sure Geno did not use the word. She was asked to leave the program; surely you know how it is done. You lived through the endless threads on this topic. Let's not reinvent the wheel.
Rocky, I do not know how it is done, I thought the school granted the scholarship unconditional and as long as the student met the requirements of the scholarship it could not be revoked. I never had an athlete scholarship but I did have academic scholarship and that scholarship was good for the entire year, if you met the scholarship requirements it was renewed for the next year. The student could leave at any time but the school honored the scholarship. Are rules different for athletic scholarships, can a coach pull a scholarship before the initial period is complete? This is not an AEH question just a general knowledge question and anyone knowing the answer is appreciated.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It appeared to be her pinky. She seemed to be in quite a bit of pain, so perhaps a dislocation? Hopefully not a fracture; but not a good thing either way. I'm hoping for the best...

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Stanford beat UW easily as expected. I went to the game. First half was pretty much all Carrington and Williams. They took a break in the 2nd half, Smith got going a little bit, the Hull twins took turns scoring during a chunk of Q3. UW made a few brief runs but were never really in it. Just don't have Pac 12 caliber talent on their roster for the most part. I'm not sure if Russell Wilson was there today, he usually shows up and sits behind the Stanford bench when they are town since his younger sister Anna is on the team. Decent turnout on Senior Day. The last two seasons have been a disaster.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
I like how Espinoza-Hunter is playing for Miss St. Have to believe this UConn team would be better with her on it. I've been told that Anriel Howard may have come to UConn if Espinoza-Hunter had stayed.

Obviously if Hunter had stayed, Christyn would not have gotten the minutes she has this year.

Ridiculous statement. AEH was not expected to be eligible when Anriel made her decision.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It appeared to be her pinky. She seemed to be in quite a bit of pain, so perhaps a dislocation? Hopefully not a fracture; but not a good thing either way. I'm hoping for the best...

I think it was her pinky and ring finger the way they were wrapped it could be either or both, but the intrepid Ajia wilson and her dead head leader were to busy extolling the SEC in general to find out before the cameras went dead and it looked like Blair brushed off an interview. Carter certainly looked pretty morose. I guess we will hear something minutes before they play their first tourney game huh?

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
This is the second time I have seen MSU and I accept that Vic too had a big job this year. Thank goodness they had AEH on tap when Bibby got hurt. She gives them the outside shot that Bibby gave them. But the defense is weak and AEH makes it weaker. And the offense reminds me of the Boston Bruins in the 70s: dump the puck into the zone and try to corral the rebound.

Great analysis of a team that just finished winning 31 of 32 SEC regular season games.

They average 86 points and T averages 17, so maybe there is a bit more going on in that offense than you perceive.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Rocky, I do not know how it is done, I thought the school granted the scholarship unconditional and as long as the student met the requirements of the scholarship it could not be revoked. I never had an athlete scholarship but I did have academic scholarship and that scholarship was good for the entire year, if you met the scholarship requirements it was renewed for the next year. The student could leave at any time but the school honored the scholarship. Are rules different for athletic scholarships, can a coach pull a scholarship before the initial period is complete? This is not an AEH question just a general knowledge question and anyone knowing the answer is appreciated.

Let me answer it this way: I'm just about the least knowledgeable person on this board regarding the esoteria of recruiting and scholarship implications from leaving the athletic program that led to your scholarship; however, if AEH had left the team I believe she could have remained at the school with her scholarship until the end of the spring semester and could have applied for a scholarship to continue on at UConn even if not playing basketball.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think it was her pinky and ring finger the way they were wrapped it could be either or both, but the intrepid Ajia wilson and her dead head leader were to busy extolling the SEC in general to find out before the cameras went dead and it looked like Blair brushed off an interview. Carter certainly looked pretty morose. I guess we will hear something minutes before they play their first tourney game huh?

Was it her shooting hand?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This would be rolling on the lawn?

33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif

Reaction Score
I am happy that we won another regular season SEC title and wasn't sure we would be this good when the season started. McCowan hasn't looked all world some games but she had a good year. I think her sophomore to junior leap was so significant it caught a lot of people off guard and the expectations were even higher for this year. Her game isn't flawless and she may have reached her ceiling at MSU but she's got room to grow still.

Howard was better than I expected. She's definitely emotional and can get carried away sometimes but I shudder to think where we would be without her. She and McCowan never really seemed to click together during the same game but fit together nicely overall. AEH played well in a few games down the stretch and while she's no defensive stopper she has a nice shot when she can get open. Danberry, like Howard, was better than I expected and while her shot has been missing a few games her numbers this year were solid. Holmes was what she's been since day one: a solid, not flashy guard who gets the ball in good spots and doesn't make a lot of mistakes. I've rarely seen her get frustrated or make silly plays. This team misses Bibby, a lot. Bibby looked fantastic early in the year and was making shots but also providing size and toughness. There isn't much in the way of depth however and hopefully they will play this year out without any more injuries.

The SEC tournament won't be easy. I see potential games with TN, KY, Missouri and SC if we make it that far. TN is Jekyl and Hyde but we all know the pieces are there. KY gave us a good game, Mizzou flat out beat us in a shooting contest on our home court and SC is a tough out. The location of the tournament will benefit SC and Dawn will learn from these losses.

I think we are firmly the 6th best team in the country but not sure we are as good as the top 5. I wouldn't want to play any of them with the F4 on the line. It's shaping up to be a great NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
Blair post game interview with the SECN announcers is very Gary Blair.

Aggies playing their best basketball

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
For many conferences, today marks the end of the regular season. Today features 18 ranked teams in action, with seeding for conference tournaments in the balance for a few teams.

Wisconsin at Michigan -- Michigan needs a win here for their NCAAT hopes.

Well they won, but if the committee actually looks at how they won ............ Head bang

Ugly game - Wolverines committed almost as many turnovers as they made baskets - - 20 TO's, 22 baskets.

But, when your opponent has 26 TO's and only makes only 19 shots, your chances of winning are enhanced.

Add in 23 fouls between the teams and very little rhythm to the game.

Reaction Score
So Carolina lost this game because they couldn't get Rebounds down the stretch. Miss ST tried to give them the game and So Carolina didn't take it.

I mean that was the most obvious mismatch coming in and a weakness all year so not that surprising.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The dreaded powder blue. Reminds of UCLA. AAAAGGGHHHH!:mad:

So they call it Powder Blue out there? They call it baby blue or Carolina Blue here..... I call it something else :mad:

I actually have a Yellow UCLA shirt.... picked it up at Old Navy for 5 bucks several years ago. I dont wear it in public though :oops:

Reaction Score
Miss State is the better team this year. If South Carolina ever learns how to play one 4 qs rather than 3 it will be something.

I continue to protest Coach Staley turtling up with the veterans.

40 totally unproductive minutes from Jackson/Cliney today. I just totally disagree with this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom