Sunday (3/10) games | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Sunday (3/10) games

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
You just knew that Ionescu was going to have a reply to that Williams 3.

Reaction Score
usa_today_10271384.0.jpg

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Congrats to Stanford. I think they deserve a #1 seed over MSU. Better RPI; better SOS by a longshot. Only team to beat Baylor; win over Oregon to win PAC 12 tourney. And, I believe the PAC is rated as stronger than the SEC.

MSU lost to Oregon; forget who their best win is against this season -- South Carolina?

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Looks like I was right about Smith unloading in the 2nd half. Great clutch play by Stanford. Williams' clutch 3 was huge. and Carrington got 6 offensive rebounds... Oregon clearly is weaker at chasing down rebounds against the quickness of Carrington.

Stanford deserves this win.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Tara earning her reputation as one of the elite strategists in the game. They were on top of all the OU plays. Help defense was always coming just where and when it needed to. Impressive. :cool:

Reaction Score
Is there any chance that this game moves Mississippi State to a #1 & Stanford as a #2 in Portland with Oregon moving to Albany as a #2?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Is there any chance that this game moves Mississippi State to a #1 & Stanford as a #2 in Portland with Oregon moving to Albany as a #2?
Oregon is staying in Portland. Crème has MSU now being #1 in Portland with the Ducks as #2.

Reaction Score
Oregon is staying in Portland. Crème has MSU now being #1 in Portland with the Ducks as #2.
Vic was complaining about Albany but MSU might match up better with UConn than with the Ducks, and it’s a longer trip over more time zones.

Reaction Score
I don't see how Miss St ends up higher than Louisville. UNLESS Fuehring is out.

Cards have wins over UConn, NC St (x2), Syracuse
Losses to ND (x2) and Miami

Miss St has wins over So Carolina (x2), TAMU
Losses to Oregon and Mizzou

Lou has better wins and better losses, and not really that close.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Earlier this week I stated that Notre Dame in Chicago, UConn in Albany, and Oregon in Portland were the high priorities of the committee; they will "fit" the other seeds around those mainstays.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I like MSU as a program; I just don't think their body of work reflects that of a #1 seed, especially when you look at their RPI and SOS.

Reaction Score
Oregon:
Wins over Stanford, Miss St, Oregon St, Syracuse
Losses to Stanford, Oregon St, UCLA, Mich St

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Tara Vanderveer is second only to Geno in getting her team prepared for a monumental game.
After the beatdown that they suffered at home against the Ducks, the turnaround was all the more remarkable.
A brilliant coaching job.
Among the all-time greats.

Reaction Score
Miss State is a great team but their body of work and OOC SOS to me has them at a #2 seed. The conference in the SEC overall just isn't that strong, unlike years past. SC was the top team in the conference outside of MSU and even they weren't even a top 10 team. Outside of Oregon and Marquette, the OOC schedule was not good at all. Hopefully with where the program is now, they will start to schedule tougher OOC slate.

They do have some quality wins vs SC (2x), A&M and Marquette. I do think Louisville has better wins overall and better losses. There is nothing to me that warrants a one seed. If they would have beaten Oregon on the road it would be a little different discussion.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Frankly I don’t see Miss St’s resume as better than Oregon’s or Louisville’s. The big deal is that they have no wins over the committee’s top 10 teams. Oregon, Louisville and Stanford have 2 each. I don’t see how you can penalize Louisville and Oregon with respect to MSU for losing today to teams that are much better than any team that MSU has beaten all season.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Man, bad night to be out at a dinner party! Can't wait to come home and watch it. And yes, Tara is irreplaceable.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Oregon:
Wins over Stanford, Miss St, Oregon St, Syracuse
Losses to Stanford, Oregon St, UCLA, Mich St
And again, that’s four wins by Oregon that will be better in the committee’s eyes than MSU’s best win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom