Sun Trade | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sun Trade

Reaction Score
I have never been a fan of Alex Bentley either at PSU or later in the WNBA! She mouthed off vs UCONN in the Regionals while at PSU that basically said UCONN wasn't as good as they were made out to be and their guards, Maggie Lucas and Bentley could keep the pressure on UCONN! UCONN just destroyed PSU and UCONN G's had a huge game!
When she got to The SUN from Atlanta she was very withdrawn (several games she sat on the bench with a towel over her head) and her personality didn't mesh well with her teammates and I thought when Curt Miller took over Bentley would be traded! So it doesn't surprise me she had an altercation with the player that took her starting position!
Clarendon will be a pleasant surprise to Sun fans!

Was that the game Lucas said she would make Taurasi cry?

Reaction Score
Banham is a liability and doesn’t have the body or quickness to play effective D.
Clarendon is not a good player. If Montgomery can put you on the bench you got holes in your game. Dream were getting no production from her. Whatever the reasons, they were flat with her in the game.

shizam- - -IMHO Clarendon was a steady, consistent player at starting PG for Atlanta for 2 seasons and Renee Montgomery was a major cog in the Linx attack leading to at least 2 Championships! Renee was the 1st PG sub for Lindsay Whalen and always turned up the pace of the game on entering, dangerous from 3 distances! Renee coming to Atlanta this off-season cut Clarendon's playing time by at least 2/3 so that would have been a major downer on LC's stats & performance!
The CT Sun are getting a real good PG and as she fits in, Layshia, will play some big moments for the Sun!
We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Reaction Score
Banham is a liability and doesn’t have the body or quickness to play effective D.
Clarendon is not a good player. If Montgomery can put you on the bench you got holes in your game. Dream were getting no production from her. Whatever the reasons, they were flat with her in the game.

Trade her to Minnesota for Alexis Jones. You know you want to.

Reaction Score
Layshia Clarendon had a pretty good 1st game with the CT Sun! She seemed to be in attack mode and even though she may not have been up on some of the plays she hustled her butt off getting her teammates involved! Even though the Sun lost the game she's only going to get better as she learns the moves of her new teammates!

Reaction Score
Clarendon was an all-star last year. Renee beat her out in Atlanta, and she didn't seem to fit into the rotation with Hayes and Sykes there, plus Angel.

It was time for Bentley to move on; I still remember Bone and Bentley sitting on the bench with towels over their heads after they got pulled.

Both teams should gain from this.

Reaction Score
Clarendon was an all-star last year. Renee beat her out in Atlanta, and she didn't seem to fit into the rotation with Hayes and Sykes there, plus Angel.

It was time for Bentley to move on; I still remember Bone and Bentley sitting on the bench with towels over their heads after they got pulled.

Both teams should gain from this.
I must say Clarendon looked very good last night vs Lynx. A lot of energy and seemed to like and fit in to the Sun's uptempo style. Seems more of a pass first player. The Sun looks like they will wear a lot of teams down with their strong bench play. Good to see Tuck active and looking healthy. Sun is relentless on D. Fowles hurt them in the 1st half but in the 2nd half they were very physical with her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom