Sums it up nicely | The Boneyard

Sums it up nicely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
.....Why doesn't the writer mention WVU, L-Ville, RU. etc. They are trying to get invites to other conferences as well. So that's OK? But since UCONN is doing the same, it's going to be our fault if the BE implodes? WTF????

Reaction Score
.....Why doesn't the writer mention WVU, L-Ville, RU. etc. They are trying to get invites to other conferences as well. So that's OK? But since UCONN is doing the same, it's going to be our fault if the BE implodes? WTF????

It's always the spouting whale that gets harpooned.

Herbst may be doing everything right, substantively, but by stating what she did, instead of taking the position of public silence while looking elsewhere that the others did, we will take a PR hit. Not a big deal. The PR hit is of no import compared to the end result.

Reaction Score
It's more than fair to criticize both Herbst and Malloy for the continued public statements.

Reaction Score
The writer is a Maryland grad and friends with Pete "the Hater" Thamel. Thamel's Nate Miles hitjob before the tourney ranks up there with one of the mendacious pieces of journalism I've seen in a while.

Here's a pic of the writer. He's a big Tucker Carlson fan:

twitterpic.jpg

Reaction Score
Correct on Thamel. He's a Syracuse shill. As was pointed out, tracking down Nate Miles, sure good journalism. But then twisting the poor kids words to spin it anti-uconn wad yellow journalism at its finest. Also, in his tweets he is contemptuous and vitriolic towards UConn and Pres. Herbst. I guess watching Syracuse get relegated by UConn is too much for him to bear.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
The writer is a Maryland grad and friends with Pete "the Hater" Thamel. Thamel's Nate Miles hitjob before the tourney ranks up there with one of the mendacious pieces of journalism I've seen in a while.

Here's a pic of the writer. He's a big Tucker Carlson fan:

twitterpic.jpg
He looks and writes like a weasel. I don't know that site but their standards are obviously non-existent.

Reaction Score
It's always the spouting whale that gets harpooned.

Herbst may be doing everything right, substantively, but by stating what she did, instead of taking the position of public silence while looking elsewhere that the others did, we will take a PR hit. Not a big deal. The PR hit is of no import compared to the end result.

Maybe a huge deal. Think about TCU. A top football program ready to join the BE. It's bad enough that Syrapitt are actually leaving. UConn's public flirtation with the ACC just makes the Frogs question its future all the more. I will not be surprised if it joins the Big 12. It won't be UConn's fault alone if TCU does, but UConn's public desire to get out adds in my estimation another big layer of uncertainty to TCU's decision. A real mess. If the only thing that happens to the BE going forward in the next couple of years is UConn leaves, along with Syrapitt I don't see how the conference can survive and neither does TCU.

Reaction Score
Maybe a huge deal. Think about TCU. A top football program ready to join the BE. It's bad enough that Syrapitt are actually leaving. UConn's public flirtation with the ACC just makes the Frogs question its future all the more. I will not be surprised if it joins the Big 12. It won't be UConn's fault alone if TCU does, but UConn's public desire to get out adds in my estimation another big layer of uncertainty to TCU's decision. A real mess. If the only thing that happens to the BE going forward in the next couple of years is UConn leaves, along with Syrapitt I don't see how the conference can survive and neither does TCU.

TCU would join the B12 regardless.

Reaction Score
TCU said publicly that they were staying with the BE. now we all know that doesn't mean anything, so why does anyone get so excited that Herbst simply said what she means? i'm sure the Pres of TCU has spoken with Herbst and i'm sure neither of them put too much stock into canned public statements. the only people that care about Milloy and Herbst's statements are sports reporters with nothing else to talk about that are trying to drum up a few hits to their blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom