Sue is asked why she's still playing | The Boneyard

Sue is asked why she's still playing

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Once again Sue, as genteel and graceful as ever, shows how that Geno/CD media training lasts a lifetime. Even while answering a silly question. Seemingly every player that graduates from this program treats the media with respect, honesty and occasional humor. They learn early that as long as it's a basketball question there should be no problem. Leave the Westbrooks of the world on the men's side.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
That's almost up there w/ George Mallory's "Because it's there" response to why climb a mountain. Great answer Sue.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
That's almost up there w/ George Mallory's "Because it's there" response to why climb a mountain. Great answer Sue.
Why climb a mountain? Hoops players rarely die of hypothermia

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
My dad loved hiking and backpacking. On occasion people used to ask him why. His answer: "Because there's a whole world of things you can't see from your car."

I assume your dad said that before the internet. ;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lol, he did.

There's so many things that are special about extended backpacking trips though. The views, the camaraderie, the connection to nature, the sense of self-sufficiency, even the monotony of your steady pace and humility of tackling a challenging climb is really good for the soul, if not the soles. My dad loved it. I still feel very connected with him when I hike.

@nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
That brings back the old Rebecca Lobo story from her freshman year where after a trip to a mall she was overheard by Chris Daily saying that "the UCONN fans drive her nuts away from Storrs, coming up to her and her team-mates to talk, get autographs, etc." CD read her the riot act, " don't ever speak ill of our fans as they're the life blood of the UCONN program!"
Even today whenever fans come up to Rebecca she's gracious and accomadating!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That brings back the old Rebecca Lobo story from her freshman year where after a trip to a mall she was overheard by Chris Daily saying that "the UCONN fans drive her nuts away from Storrs, coming up to her and her team-mates to talk, get autographs, etc." CD read her the riot act, " don't ever speak ill of our fans as they're the life blood of the UCONN program!"
Even today whenever fans come up to Rebecca she's gracious and accomadating!
That so doesn't sound like Rebecca. Especially her frosh year. Husky mania hadn't really reach the woman's game until 1995.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Lol, first the b-slap and then that great Sue smile. You have to love her.

Great response CL!!! I loved it :D

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
But unlike the internet, you can feel and smell nature while you see it.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
But unlike the internet, you can feel and smell nature while you see it.

just wait a few years for newer internet innovations like 'smellnet and touchnet' :rolleyes:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
just wait a few years for newer internet innovations like 'smellnet and touchnet' :rolleyes:
I'll be too old to do either, already have numbness in my fingertips, wear hearing aids, and have sinus problems. Besides I'm satisfied with my system that I have right now. If I'm going to spend any money on electronics it will be another big screen, maybe a 80" 8k or better. Just have to get the wife's approval to get rid of my 75" 4K, but I think hell will freeze over first.Head bang

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Lol, he did.

There's so many things that are special about extended backpacking trips though. The views, the camaraderie, the connection to nature, the sense of self-sufficiency, even the monotony of your steady pace and humility of tackling a challenging climb is really good for the soul, if not the soles. My dad loved it. I still feel very connected with him when I hike.

@nwhoopfan

I wholeheartedly endorse this. :)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
My idea of backpacking. :oops::oops::oops:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Why climb a mountain? Hoops players rarely die of hypothermia

Yeah, less danger of avalanches, rockfall, falling thousands of feet, hypoxia, AMS, etc. etc. in basketball as well. But climbing can still be an amazing, worthwhile pursuit. As @CL82 pointed out hiking/backpacking can be awesome and is relatively low risk.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Yeah, less danger of avalanches, rockfall, falling thousands of feet, hypoxia, AMS, etc. etc. in basketball as well. But climbing can still be an amazing, worthwhile pursuit. As @CL82 pointed out hiking/backpacking can be awesome and is relatively low risk.
Yeah. But not that many backpackers carry mountain climbing equipment. Kind of like running a marathon if self torture is your thing.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geno visited Sue and the Seattle Storm today.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I hope not.

Leavenworth (15-20 minutes from Cashmere) is lovely this time of year. Maybe he was checking out the blooming balsamroot.

Reaction Score
Funny, back when their were people were saying Sue and Diana should be giving up their USA basketball spots, I asked her about it and got almost the exact same answer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom