Suddenly ... | The Boneyard

Suddenly ...

Reaction Score
We have a Roster.

This, according to ME, is the clear comparative Edsall over the other 2. He knows how to fill 85 slots and you see potential up & down the depth charts.

When we were good ... we had 3-5 RBs that could see the field and perform; then when Donald Brown left, Andre Dixon and Jordan Todman showed up. I see 5 RBs that are far more interesting to me than most all the last 6 years (and that's not to denigrate Arkell Newsome). Dante Black and Gillespie joins Kevin Mensah who looked solid often and Hopkins and (now) raves about 4.38 Zavier Scott. WRs there is Mayala + Beals; Buss + Donaldson; Dixon + Donovan Williams; Skanes ... and we might throw to that converted TE McLean and others. Better youth and talent at OLine. Van Demark - DeGrange - Crozier - Cespedes - Peart with Hubbell - Holmes - Tunstall is what Randy said he expected in the Stamford speech.

What else did we have from Edsall in the past?

Great corps of Linebackers (usually 6 deep) (so, we need Thomas & Gardner & Terry & Hahn & Jones to play with Beavers) and then a range of DBs that often played to All Conference. While we lost our entire DLine from last year, the Thomas-Murphy-Fines NT with a host of DEs.

OK ... the "woe is me" bunch state 1 win. I think this is looking like things are coming together; in spite of a really tough schedule.

QB? I think we have 4 good choices and we played Jonny McEntee and Chandler Whitmer not long ago. We never had anyone that came near Orlovsky after he left; however, there is Pindell (and we hope he plays to a solid level ... but Washington & Krajewski are our Paper potentials.

There ... my Hope for 2018 UConn Football: They ranked us 100+ in FBS and we get above 60 in Final ranking. In College Football, you need bodies and depth of talent sometimes more than a few four stars.

Reaction Score
i hope you are right !! cant wait to see the product.. i am not expecting too much , just be competitive right now

Reaction Score
We have a Roster.

This, according to ME, is the clear comparative Edsall over the other 2. He knows how to fill 85 slots and you see potential up & down the depth charts.

When we were good ... we had 3-5 RBs that could see the field and perform; then when Donald Brown left, Andre Dixon and Jordan Todman showed up. I see 5 RBs that are far more interesting to me than most all the last 6 years (and that's not to denigrate Arkell Newsome). Dante Black and Gillespie joins Kevin Mensah who looked solid often and Hopkins and (now) raves about 4.38 Zavier Scott. WRs there is Mayala + Beals; Buss + Donaldson; Dixon + Donovan Williams; Skanes ... and we might throw to that converted TE McLean and others. Better youth and talent at OLine. Van Demark - DeGrange - Crozier - Cespedes - Peart with Hubbell - Holmes - Tunstall is what Randy said he expected in the Stamford speech.

What else did we have from Edsall in the past?

Great corps of Linebackers (usually 6 deep) (so, we need Thomas & Gardner & Terry & Hahn & Jones to play with Beavers) and then a range of DBs that often played to All Conference. While we lost our entire DLine from last year, the Thomas-Murphy-Fines NT with a host of DEs.

OK ... the "woe is me" bunch state 1 win. I think this is looking like things are coming together; in spite of a really tough schedule.

QB? I think we have 4 good choices and we played Jonny McEntee and Chandler Whitmer not long ago. We never had anyone that came near Orlovsky after he left; however, there is Pindell (and we hope he plays to a solid level ... but Washington & Krajewski are our Paper potentials.

There ... my Hope for 2018 UConn Football: They ranked us 100+ in FBS and we get above 60 in Final ranking. In College Football, you need bodies and depth of talent sometimes more than a few four stars.

Reminds me of the Spackler quote in Pasqualoni’s 2nd year.

You do realize that your blind faith is hitched to the wagons of a lot of lightly recruited kids who’ve never seen the field right?

Hope you’re right.

Reaction Score
4.38 Zavier Scott.

Is this a verified 40 time? He's about the same size as Hopkins, if he runs a 4.38 he could be the sizzle that starts winning the fans back.

Get ready for the Pony Express husky style. Hopefully we are about to relive the 2007 season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How about he reminds you of the Randy Edsall of 1999 to 2010. Distinctly different than Pasqualoni.

The next Serrano blue sky statement will be the first of 2018.

Reaction Score
I was actually thinking something along the same lines as Pudge. A scary thought to both of us I’m sure. I’m not quotes as optimistic that it will occur this year but you can clearly see a path forward and a foundation being built. A stable of solid to good running backs. A young tough offensive line with multiple guys who can play multiple positions, linebackers with some speed and size, if not experience yet. Whether that foundation is solid enough this year I’m not certain but it might be.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I agree with plenty of what you said pudge, but there’s no way we have four good quarterbacks. We may not even have one this year.

Reaction Score
Maybe not 4 QBs

But they are certainly better than putting your hopes into Johnny McEntee. Like Pasqualoni did.

Who knows. Cody Endres had great potential and physical attributes. We are getting QB talent - imho - beyond the 2010-2015 period.

Reaction Score
Maybe not 4 QBs

But they are certainly better than putting your hopes into Johnny McEntee. Like Pasqualoni did.

Who knows. Cody Endres had great potential and physical attributes. We are getting QB talent - imho - beyond the 2010-2015 period.

Yea but that was one season. Almost every season since there's been multiple QB's on the roster that people were excited about. Still got to work out. I agree with a lot of your post, but I think QB is still a major question mark until someone goes out and proves it in games.

Reaction Score
I was actually thinking something along the same lines as Pudge. A scary thought to both of us I’m sure. I’m not quotes as optimistic that it will occur this year but you can clearly see a path forward and a foundation being built. A stable of solid to good running backs. A young tough offensive line with multiple guys who can play multiple positions, linebackers with some speed and size, if not experience yet. Whether that foundation is solid enough this year I’m not certain but it might be.

Right, its about getting back to an identity. Edsall 1.0 had some really good teams, some ok teams, and some not so good teams, but there were a few things that you could count on every year that we would have as a strength. There really wasn't anything like that under P or Diaco.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom