Struggling Here. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Struggling Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow, some of you who responded to this, to coin a phrase I just learned, need to be c u n t punted. You can't see the difference between the early 2000's when we just moved up, had hope on the horizon, and were waiting for that dream season in Football (no ND nor the Fiesta was it for me), and the subsequent up tic in recruiting classes and on field performance to what is going on now???? REALLY??? I would think you could at least have one take away from the post that there is definitively a reduction or even lack of hope to reach that golden place in college football given where UConn has ended up? Now not only are we on a down turn performance wise, but we currently are, and presumably will continue to be on the outside looking in to big time college football. I'm not delusional like some of the CR theorists here, we are where we are and it isn't going to change any time soon.

I'm not watching UConn football for the love of watching football, or UConn football for that matter, I am watching and vesting my interest because I want to see us make it to the big time and I have no desire to see us playing crap ass teams, and lose to them to boot. Call me what ever type of fan you want, but I'd hazard a guess there are more out there like me than you'd think. So,being in a conference that basically is no different than being in the Yankee conference has me down as well, and has me disinterested in UConn football, b/c of the lack of hope in our future.

So instead of being c u n t punt deserving s, why don't you utilize that self professed knowledge, passion, and overall "god of all things UConn" most people seem to think they have on this board and provide some sort of insightful response.

I can't tell the posters on this board have always been this way, or if CR has turned up the meter on you all. Either way, I'm coming here less and less b/c the content is just poor.

Flame Away.
Thank you for your interest in Uconn football. Hope you didn't get hurt falling off the bandwagon. Do you follow hoops only when we get to the Final Four ? You are the one who has "turned up the meter".

Reaction Score
I could use some help from fellow Boneyarders here. The conference realignment coupled with consecutive terrible seasons has done a number on my desire to attend any home games this year. I know I sound like a bandwagon fan right now, but I've gone to almost every home game since 2005 and have always tried to be there before opening kickoff and after the clock hits all zeroes. I'm really trying to find a positive in continuing to attend these games. Hopefully some of you other diehards will be able to shed some light on why I should keep investing in this program to just continually feel like we're getting kicked in the nuts.

Can I buy your tickets to the Michigan game?

Reaction Score
Thank you for your interest in Uconn football. Hope you didn't get hurt falling off the bandwagon. Do you follow hoops only when we get to the Final Four ?

What football bandwagon? I don't think we've had the success to even start a bandwagon, and my declining interest in UConn football has more to do, as I said in my post, with the lack of hope to even be able to make it "big" to attract bandwagon fans and the fact that there are no teams in our current league I have any desire to see them play. My declining interest in UConn football has less to do with our current lack of success (which I believe is what a bandwagon fan is) than it has to do with our programs bleak future, and crappy future opponents.

I actually stopped following UConn hoops a long time ago for a multitude of reasons. Probably right around when our Football team moved up.

Reaction Score
What football bandwagon? I don't think we've had the success to even start a bandwagon, and my declining interest in UConn football has more to do, as I said in my post, with the lack of hope to even be able to make it "big" to attract bandwagon fans and the fact that there are no teams in our current league I have any desire to see them play. My declining interest in UConn football has less to do with our current lack of success (which I believe is what a bandwagon fan is) than it has to do with our programs bleak future, and crappy future opponents.

I actually stopped following UConn hoops a long time ago for a multitude of reasons. Probably right around when our Football team moved up.

You might have a different definition of bandwagon fan than most other people do. Unfortunately, you're not alone in the least. CT sports fans in general are terrible. Front runner, bandwagon, take your pick.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The bottom line is that going to UConn FB games is fun. It was fun before we got into the Big East, it will be fun this season. Great tailgating and great stadium. Every game I go to, I go in thinking we are going to win. Contrast that, I went to A BCU game once. I sat in the third row on the 50 yard line. No tailgating, getting there and back is a chore. It sucked.

Reaction Score
The bottom line is that going to UConn FB games is fun. It was fun before we got into the Big East, it will be fun this season. Great tailgating and great stadium. Every game I go to, I go in thinking we are going to win. Contrast that, I went to A BCU game once. I sat in the third row on the 50 yard line. No tailgating, getting there and back is a chore. It sucked.

People who have never been to a BCU game cannot comprehend how terrible of an experience that really is.

Reaction Score
You might have a different definition of bandwagon fan than most other people do. Unfortunately, you're not alone in the least. CT sports fans in general are terrible. Front runner, bandwagon, take your pick.

I was excited about the move in football, and have been following it since, not b/c we were a front runner, but because I enjoy the progress of watching an under dog making it big, as I truly believe we could do. However, the "making it big" part has seemed to be taken out from underneath us given the conference we are in.

I really am an under dog type of fan, if that makes any sense. I think I stopped watching men's and women's bball games because either we always won, or the expectation was that we should always win, so when I was watching, either the games were boring b/c we won by a fair margin, or we lost when we should have won. I am perhaps an oddball in this.

If there is some sporting event on TV and I have no vested interest in either teams playing, I almost always start rooting for the team that is losing. (unless it's a Boston sports team)

I realize that technically, given our conference and place in college football we could technically be termed a "huge underdog". I get that, but apparently it is different for me, and for others. It seems if we do win in this new league, we still lose.

As far as the definition of bandwagon, I always thought those were fans who rooted for and bought the merchandise after a team found extreme success, such as winning a title, or on the way to winning a title. I can't see how someone on this board who states that they have been rooting for UConn football for well over 10 years and for what ever reason has expressed waning support or interest as a bandwagon fan. As far as I can tell, UConn football has yet to have a season that would attract bandwagon fans, so the thought that someone is jumping off the bandwagon seems equally unlikely.

Some google search definitions of bandwagon:

an idea or activity, especially in politics or business, that suddenly becomes very popular or fashionable, so that a lot of peoplewant to be involved in it
His recent poll victory could start an ultra-nationalist bandwagon rolling.

a popular party, faction, or cause that attracts growing support —often used in such phrases as jump on the bandwagon
a current or fashionable trend​

a party, cause, movement, etc., that by its mass appeal or strength readily attracts many followers:After it became apparent that the incumbent would win, everyone decided to jump on the bandwagon.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
All I can tell you is root for our new OC to get us over the hump and stick it to a top notch home slate. People are understandably apprehensive on the heels of two 5-7 years, but I don't think we are that far off from putting together a nice season. So I'll start off optimistic until the games that unfold tell me otherwise. Plus- tailgating on a nice fall Saturday morning at the Rent- there's nowhere else I'd rather be. I'm nervous about the future too but now is not the time to bail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom