Struggling Here. | The Boneyard

Struggling Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I could use some help from fellow Boneyarders here. The conference realignment coupled with consecutive terrible seasons has done a number on my desire to attend any home games this year. I know I sound like a bandwagon fan right now, but I've gone to almost every home game since 2005 and have always tried to be there before opening kickoff and after the clock hits all zeroes. I'm really trying to find a positive in continuing to attend these games. Hopefully some of you other diehards will be able to shed some light on why I should keep investing in this program to just continually feel like we're getting kicked in the nuts.

Reaction Score
Michigan and Maryland. How can you complain? Both programs won national championships in the past. So has SMU.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I could use some help from fellow Boneyarders here. The conference realignment coupled with consecutive terrible seasons has done a number on my desire to attend any home games this year. I know I sound like a bandwagon fan right now, but I've gone to almost every home game since 2005 and have always tried to be there before opening kickoff and after the clock hits all zeroes. I'm really trying to find a positive in continuing to attend these games. Hopefully some of you other diehards will be able to shed some light on why I should keep investing in this program to just continually feel like we're getting kicked in the nuts.

Posts like these are perplexing and annoying at the same time.

If you are what you say you are in the post, then you are a diehard and you should likely not require other diehards to "talk you off of the ledge." You say you've been to almost every home game since 2005. So my question to you would be, "Did you say stuff like this before the 2007 season, after having gone 5-6 (2005) and 4-8 (2006) in the previous two seasons (you know, the seasons where you saw almost every home game)???" 2006 was especially nice, having seen us get drubbed by Louisville, West Virginia, USF, and.....gulp.....Navy! So did you need help coming back in 2007? And how did that end up for you in the following four years?

Now you find yourself in a similar situation; two 5-7 seasons and people saying we aren't good enough to compete with the big boys. Are you going to walk away? I'll tell you what; I'm not going to! Because I also remember that we went on to win the Big East twice after that, and we went to the Fiesta Bowl. And I'm confident that UConn will be back under the bright lights soon. See you there...

Reaction Score
I understand the responses so far, and normally I would agree with all of them. I do see the Maryland/Michigan games as being worthwhile, however, the one thing we all know is that after this season, we are for the foreseeable future relegated to mid major status. Definitely for football, and in a mid major bb conference at best. I don't give up on teams lightly, and not that I am here, just trying to figure out what future prospects I'm suppose to get excited about. Tulane and Tulsa aren't exactly barn burners for me. Maybe I should be excited about Memphis? Who do I get to hate as much as Syracuse or Rutgirls now? Where's the rivalry with any team left? On a side note, has there ever been another FBS team that got moved down in the football hierarchy against their will?

Reaction Score
I understand the responses so far, and normally I would agree with all of them. I do see the Maryland/Michigan games as being worthwhile, however, the one thing we all know is that after this season, we are for the foreseeable future relegated to mid major status. Definitely for football, and in a mid major bb conference at best. I don't give up on teams lightly, and not that I am here, just trying to figure out what future prospects I'm suppose to get excited about. Tulane and Tulsa aren't exactly barn burners for me. Maybe I should be excited about Memphis? Who do I get to hate as much as Syracuse or Rutgirls now? Where's the rivalry with any team left? On a side note, has there ever been another FBS team that got moved down in the football hierarchy against their will?

From another thread: http://the-boneyard.com/threads/warde-optimistic-re-athletic-program-future.38495/#post-587370

Reaction Score
Cripes. I don't think this is for real. But whatever.

We've got a whole bunch of conference mates now pal, that every single one of them has been forced down the football hierarchy at some point, and for SMU and Houston, for example, it happened a long long time before it happened to UCONN.

Look - if you don't understand it, or care to learn about it, ignore it, buy the tickets and go and have a good time and never mind the opponent, go for the Huskies. That's why I go. For the Huskies, not for anybody else.

It is exciting to have an opponent like U Michigan instead of W. Michigan - but no matter what, I'm always there for the Huskies - not the opponent.

Reaction Score
Cripes. I don't think this is for real .

This^^^

troll-meter.gif

My troll meter went off. Could be wrong - it acts funny around inside jobs .

Reaction Score

I certainly can't claim to have seen more than a small percentage of the posts on the BY, but, this has to rank as one of the most pathetic or disingenuous I have seen. Hard to tell which.

Reaction Score

I think you should slit your wrists and sit in the tub.

Reaction Score
Wait, people need an excuse to sit outside, drink delicious beer, eat delicious meats, and watch football?!

AM I NOT IN AMERICA ANYMORE?!?

Of course you are still in America. Our new motto is "when the going gets rough we get out." (sorry that may belong in the pool)

Reaction Score
I smelled troll from the very start, ridiculous troll post

Reaction Score
Lets put it this way. I am a Mets fan and will always be a Mets fan and I watch most of their games. Need I say more ?

Reaction Score
I am with HuskybandDan, I have been a die hard Met fan since 1973! I will die a Met fan, even tho I am new to the BY I'm a ride or die type guy when it come this team as well!!!

Reaction Score
Wow, some of you who responded to this, to coin a phrase I just learned, need to be c u n t punted. You can't see the difference between the early 2000's when we just moved up, had hope on the horizon, and were waiting for that dream season in Football (no ND nor the Fiesta was it for me), and the subsequent up tic in recruiting classes and on field performance to what is going on now???? REALLY??? I would think you could at least have one take away from the post that there is definitively a reduction or even lack of hope to reach that golden place in college football given where UConn has ended up? Now not only are we on a down turn performance wise, but we currently are, and presumably will continue to be on the outside looking in to big time college football. I'm not delusional like some of the CR theorists here, we are where we are and it isn't going to change any time soon.

I'm not watching UConn football for the love of watching football, or UConn football for that matter, I am watching and vesting my interest because I want to see us make it to the big time and I have no desire to see us playing crap ass teams, and lose to them to boot. Call me what ever type of fan you want, but I'd hazard a guess there are more out there like me than you'd think. So,being in a conference that basically is no different than being in the Yankee conference has me down as well, and has me disinterested in UConn football, b/c of the lack of hope in our future.

So instead of being c u n t punt deserving s, why don't you utilize that self professed knowledge, passion, and overall "god of all things UConn" most people seem to think they have on this board and provide some sort of insightful response.

I can't tell the posters on this board have always been this way, or if CR has turned up the meter on you all. Either way, I'm coming here less and less b/c the content is just poor.

Flame Away.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Wow, some of you who responded to this, to coin a phrase I just learned, need to be c u n t punted. You can't see the difference between the early 2000's when we just moved up, had hope on the horizon, and were waiting for that dream season in Football (no ND nor the Fiesta was it for me), and the subsequent up tic in recruiting classes and on field performance to what is going on now???? REALLY??? I would think you could at least have one take away from the post that there is definitively a reduction or even lack of hope to reach that golden place in college football given where UConn has ended up? Now not only are we on a down turn performance wise, but we currently are, and presumably will continue to be on the outside looking in to big time college football. I'm not delusional like some of the CR theorists here, we are where we are and it isn't going to change any time soon.

I'm not watching UConn football for the love of watching football, or UConn football for that matter, I am watching and vesting my interest because I want to see us make it to the big time and I have no desire to see us playing crap ass teams, and lose to them to boot. Call me what ever type of fan you want, but I'd hazard a guess there are more out there like me than you'd think. So,being in a conference that basically is no different than being in the Yankee conference has me down as well, and has me disinterested in UConn football, b/c of the lack of hope in our future.

So instead of being c u n t punt deserving s, why don't you utilize that self professed knowledge, passion, and overall "god of all things UConn" most people seem to think they have on this board and provide some sort of insightful response.

I can't tell the posters on this board have always been this way, or if CR has turned up the meter on you all. Either way, I'm coming here less and less b/c the content is just poor.

Flame Away.

Thank you for your interest in the University of Connecticut...

Reaction Score

Flame Away.

You make a very good P U N T here ....

Reaction Score

Flame Away.

I would've hoped you'd figure out the is a BC fan.

Reaction Score
Wow we are going to make 10 page posts over nothing until summer practice. Wow. I'll check the Recruiting board and Cesspool.

Reaction Score
Wow we are going to make 10 page posts over nothing until summer practice. Wow. I'll check the Recruiting board and Cesspool.

What's your best meal of the day?

Reaction Score
I wish fishy would come in here and hurl a couple of throat punches to get everyone back on track...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom