Strong to UConn [merged thread] | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Strong to UConn [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We have the depth now where we can play all out without worrying too much that refs will get in the way. This ultimately came to bite us in the end because I could tell Shade and Paige didn’t want to be ultra aggressive defensively knowing the fouls from Nika and KK were accumulating.

With depth at each position (hopefully full health mid way through the season), this allows Geno and the team to really press and do what Geno loves which is have a top defense, which has always been a hallmark of the great teams.

My guess is that at some point the solidified staring five will be Jana, Strong, Azzi, Paige, and Kk. Geno loves Aubrey off the bench and I think Shade will do well with a second unit at the 2 where she doesn’t feel she needs to defer, which is when she’s at her best. Caroline will get limited minutes at the 2 or 3, same for Allie. Morgan will play 1-3. Yanna will play the 4. . Ice will fill in at the 4/5. Q will play the 2/3 backup.

Amari and Ines last to come off bench in limited garbage time.
I wouldn’t put Qadence so far down the bench, she played well this past season for a frosh. I don’t think I ever saw her miss a three. I’m also not sure about your 3 guard offense, I’d make KK first off the bench and go with Jana, Sarah, Azzi, Paige and either Aubrey or Caroline.

Reaction Score
Because players were out of position this year (Paige at 4, Aaliyah at 5) it gets confusing projecting the new starting lineup. One way to look at it is who replaces the missing seniors Aaliyah and Nika. The obvious answer to me is Sarah and Azzi even though Sarah will likely be a 4 and Azzi a 2 for us. Paige is a given somewhere, and I think Jana badly needs to start at the 5 for us to be a great team.

After that it could be what player emerges from a big pack of possible candidates, and separates themselves from the competition. I am hoping with all the possibilities, somebody is performing at a level way above the freshmen this year, a clear upgrade.The 5th could be as big as Ice or as small as KK, or one of many in between. Paige can play almost anywhere, most likely the 1 or the 3. if Aubrey or Ice was that player and earned a start next to Jana, Sarah could even start at the 3.

My main point is we have a bunch of players, any one of which who may stand out from the rest. If so that is your 5th starter, whether it be a PG like KK, or a big like Ayanna or Ice. Paige's versatility and others allows us to do that. But we need Sarah and Jana to join Paige and Azzi as the core four, then the rest will work out IMO with at least one or two players showing a major improvement.

Reaction Score
If you think that KK is not the starting point guard next year then you have not watched this past season of basketball. She is quick. She is not afraid to drive to the basket. She takes shots. She can pass to countless options. And she has a year under her belt.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
6.022 x 10^23 times YES!!!! [For all the Huskies fans who know their Chemistry!]

This was the PERFECT Day for fantastic News!!!

Hopefully, the ENTIRE Womens Team Can go cheer on the GUYS as they win their Final Four game and AGAIN on Monday night, as a Pre-View of Next Year's run to NC #12!
Or, quantum physics... :)

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Paige is the only guarenteed starter.

Everyone else is going to have to earn their minutes. And that is as it should be.

Caroline, Azzi, Ayanna, Aubrey and Jana have yet to be cleared. None of us know those timetables. None of know how there game has been affected by the injuries.

How will the freshmen fit in. TBD. What about KK, Ash, Ice and Q? Those four were so important to the team.

Way to earlier to predict any lineup.

Reaction Score

I really like this girl. She is so humble, polite and friendly

Sarah Strong 040624.jpg

Reaction Score
No way Geno gets KK out of the starting lineup! She is the quickest guard we have and isn't afraid to take it to the hoop. Caroline will come off the bench along with Ashlynn.
We’ll see about that. I just think they’ll have the depth if they’re healthy to run multiple strings of players together for most of their games next season and it doesn’t make sense to have your two point guards on the floors at the same time for most of the game…

GG

Reaction Score
I think,
Paige, Azzi, Aubrey and Caroline are UConn starters but not sure who is #5? Possible KK or Shade.
I do not understand why everyone is saying, Caroline will start. We do not even know if she’ll be able to play. Beyond that, she’s not terribly effective when she does play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom