Streaming Service for UCONN Games 2023-2024 Season | The Boneyard

Streaming Service for UCONN Games 2023-2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

dingaling

“There’s no better feeling than winning.” K.Powers
Reaction Score
I have been using Hulu ever since we discontinued comcast. My only need for television is for Uconn games. Does anyone have a preference or opinion on where to get the most games and what the price looks like for what I need?

Reaction Score
I used YouTube TV last year and I believe I had every single game except for 1 or maybe 2 that were on ESPN+ only.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
@dingaling I use Youtube TV as well. It's a good option. I was thinking about trying Hulu TV though. How do you like it? I think they bc are about the same except YTTV offered more simultaneous streams. I believe the price is $72.95 a month now.

Reaction Score
I used YouTube TV last year and I believe I had every single game except for 1 or maybe 2 that were on ESPN+ only.
...and YouTube TV has a very "intelligent" DVR system - last year I had it tape every UCONN game beginning in November, and then every Big East game from mid-season on - and it got them all. And I could then replay all of those games at home or when travelling on the road.

Before YouTube TV I was paying ~$400/month for cable TV at my homes in Sarasota FL and in Manhattan. After cutting the cable (Spectrum) completely at both locations, I now pay $70+/month and take YouTube TV with me wherever I travel.

You still have to have WiFi of course. In NYC I now use RCN/Astound and am paying ~$40/month; and in Florida I was able to switch to a cloud based (no wires) Modem/Router from Verizon, and via a promo deal pay ony $35/month. From >$400 to ~$100 per month.

No wires/cables at all and no regrets.

PS: YouTubeTV is available only in the US. Unlike other streaming services (Netflix, Prime, etc.) you can't get access when abroad.

Reaction Score
Basically, if you're not using YouTube TV then I've got nothing to say to you

Reaction Score
Had youtube TV. Until the whole game of chicken they played with Disney / ESPN - when they removed the channels and we canceled.

Went to FUBO last year. LIked both, Fubo was easier to share among family (parents could have their account in NC, Sis in Asheville and myself in NJ).

Made watching the tournament a little difficult (No TBS and TNT) but I have a cable login from another condo.

Would recommend both, may give youtube tv another shot when sports come back.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I had YouTube TV and make the brief mistake of switching to Hulu. Their DVR is extremely "unintelligent" (no logical organization, often no ability to start a game until well after it finishes, doesn't extend coverage if game goes on, doesn't support seamless transition from phone to TV, etc.). Switched back to YouTube TV within 3 days. It really is an excellent service, for what it is.

Reaction Score
another vote here for youtube tv.

if you happen to be a mets fan, like i am (or a uconn wbb fan for that matter) youtube tv also still carries SNY.

Reaction Score
...and YouTube TV has a very "intelligent" DVR system - last year I had it tape every UCONN game beginning in November, and then every Big East game from mid-season on - and it got them all. And I could then replay all of those games at home or when travelling on the road.

Before YouTube TV I was paying ~$400/month for cable TV at my homes in Sarasota FL and in Manhattan. After cutting the cable (Spectrum) completely at both locations, I now pay $70+/month and take YouTube TV with me wherever I travel.

You still have to have WiFi of course. In NYC I now use RCN/Astound and am paying ~$40/month; and in Florida I was able to switch to a cloud based (no wires) Modem/Router from Verizon, and via a promo deal pay ony $35/month. From >$400 to ~$100 per month.

No wires/cables at all and no regrets.

PS: YouTubeTV is available only in the US. Unlike other streaming services (Netflix, Prime, etc.) you can't get access when abroad.

Couldn't agree more with this response. I also love the interface. I had Sling prior to YTTV and the interface on YTTV is infinitely more usable and intuitive. Sling was much harder to navigate while YTTV feels like the best version of standard cable tv. It starts to learn your habits and recommend things it knows you watch too. When I open YTTV it will say like UConn Game is on and The Office is on, etc. When you open it later on it will say, Resume watching UConn if you ended it before the end. It just makes for a nice user experience. I have 7 TVs at home and not having to pay for individual boxes is amazing. I save a ton. I log in sometimes at work (just kidding my boss if you are reading this) to watch golf or soccer from my laptop and its just a nice easy bonus.

Also, the quality is perfect if OP has any concerns and can stream 4k if you feel so inclined to pay the extras.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I have been using Hulu ever since we discontinued comcast. My only need for television is for Uconn games. Does anyone have a preference or opinion on where to get the most games and what the price looks like for what I need?
You're already covered with Hulu+. Should have every game. Has a similar intelligent DVR that records every game.

Reaction Score
Had youtube TV. Until the whole game of chicken they played with Disney / ESPN - when they removed the channels and we canceled.

Went to FUBO last year. LIked both, Fubo was easier to share among family (parents could have their account in NC, Sis in Asheville and myself in NJ).

Made watching the tournament a little difficult (No TBS and TNT) but I have a cable login from another condo.

Would recommend both, may give youtube tv another shot when sports come back.
Couple points on FUBO…
1-No TBS or TNT really wreaked havoc first couple rounds of tourny
2-subscribed Oct 22 around $70/mo. By March it was $90/mo.

will try UTTV next fall when the games resume

Reaction Score
@dingaling I use Youtube TV as well. It's a good option. I was thinking about trying Hulu TV though. How do you like it? I think they bc are about the same except YTTV offered more simultaneous streams. I believe the price is $72.95 a month now.
I switched at tournament time from Hulu Live to YTTV and haven't been sorry. On Hulu the audio and video kept getting out of sync, but the kicker was when more than once it got stuck in an ad loop - kept going back to the start of an ad - never went back to live coverage despite numerous restarts of service and TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom