Stranger Things 2 | The Boneyard

Stranger Things 2

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Excited for this. What a fun show.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I’ll be done with this by Sunday. It’d be fantastic if I could pace myself it let’s be realistic.

Reaction Score
All I'm gonna say is, in case someone who plans to watch it stumbles on this thread, is it was great, but Season 1 was significantly better in my opinion.

Reaction Score
All I'm gonna say is, in case someone who plans to watch it stumbles on this thread, is it was great, but Season 1 was significantly better in my opinion.

part of the magic of season 1 was that it was a little known show that got a tremendous amount of popularity quickly and then had to live up to the hype for a second season. Season 2 is good btw, so much better than whatever Walking dead has become

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I surprisingly actually liked 2 more than 1.

More action.

I’m torn. About 6 episodes in so far. There are things I like about both. I feel we the audience are more included in 2. We know more, and that can be scary actually.

Reaction Score
Couldn’t get into this show. The fact that Clay Travis likes it kind of ruins it for me.

Reaction Score
It was great. I wonder how much the timeframe impacts what you think of the show. I was exactly their age at exactly that time. Spent birthdays traveling to Waterbury so we could play video games at Chuck E. Cheeses, back before they were a lame "trade quarters for tickets for crap" rip off "arcade". So for me, it's perfect.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I’ve been too busy for a straight up binge. Had to take a break after episode 6 too intense haha.

Reaction Score
I’ve been too busy for a straight up binge. Had to take a break after episode 6 too intense haha.
My wife and I watched it over 3 days, I think. Not a huge fan of the whole "release them all at once" way of doing it like Netflix and Amazon do it. Really like Bosch on Amazon, but same thing, it's over in a blink.

Reaction Score
Hard to see what they come up with for season 3 as alot of closure to various storylines at end of this one...

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
It was great. I wonder how much the timeframe impacts what you think of the show. I was exactly their age at exactly that time. Spent birthdays traveling to Waterbury so we could play video games at Chuck E. Cheeses, back before they were a lame "trade quarters for tickets for crap" rip off "arcade". So for me, it's perfect.

I think that helps. I was a senior in HS in 1984. But the reality is that the cars, clothes, hairstyles etc. are very much closer to 1980 not 1984. So it feels pretty right for me.

I enjoyed this one as much as the last. It’s nice to see the kids growing up, and taking on these challenges. Never felt forced really, and there was solid tension.

Reaction Score
Just finished season 2 over the weekend. Loved it but found episode 7 (the lost sister) to be dumb and unnecessary. Last 2 episodes were fantastic. Loved the Jurassic Park reference when they had to reset the circuit breakers and of course I loved Sean Astin (aka Mikey from the Goonies) wonder out loud if the "X" on the map meant there was pirate treasure there.

Reaction Score
Sorry if I missed it and am asking dumb questions

was the “antagonist” ever explained at all? What it is, why it’s there, how it is linked to the “upside down”, why it cares about Will, and its overall motive? And so was it never really at all vanquished by eleven? Did anything happen to that doctor guy who seemed to be the main human antagonist? Just got killed by velociraptors? And once again, with a snap of the fingers and a drawn out shot of eleven screaming at the top of her lungs, the problem is wiped away. I get that there will be follow up season but I wish they didn’t just mention the Russian spies once or twice then never address it again

Frankly I hated that it devolved in to Jurassic Park for the last 4 episodes

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just finished season 2 over the weekend. Loved it but found episode 7 (the lost sister) to be dumb and unnecessary. Last 2 episodes were fantastic. Loved the Jurassic Park reference when they had to reset the circuit breakers and of course I loved Sean Astin (aka Mikey from the Goonies) wonder out loud if the "X" on the map meant there was pirate treasure there.

Agree on episode 7. Felt like a filler. Or maybe set up to season 3 somehow?

Reaction Score
Thought some of the characters were pretty pointless this season, Max's brother and his weird hatred for no reason of Lucas. Jonathan was pretty worthless this season, cant remember if he had a bigger role in the season in 1.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Thought some of the characters were pretty pointless this season, Max's brother and his weird hatred for no reason of Lucas. Jonathan was pretty worthless this season, cant remember if he had a bigger role in the season in 1.

I assumed that Max's brother was just a bigot. Not sure I understand the comment on Jonathan, since he was active throughout. Maybe because he looks like he's about to fall asleep. Finally even got the girl.

Here's my thoughts with some reflection.
  1. I thought Eleven's "awakening" was really well done. She really became human, understanding her bond to her friends and even Hopper. It's also amazing what you can do with a hairbrush and eyeliner.
  2. Liked the prelude to the inevitable Hopper - Winona Ryder romance. He's carried that torch a long time. Sorry to see Bob come out the loser, but he did it with courage, showing some real nerd power.
  3. They have to give Will a new haircut. A bowl cut, really? Not in 1984.
  4. Steve Harrington really evolved last season, and took a further step this season. Somehow he reminds me of Brad Hamilton in Fast Times.
  5. Jonathan looks like he's on drugs and is about to pass out at any moment. Evidently, that's because he probably is.
  6. Can't fault Max's brother for that connection with Mike's mom. 3rdbass.

Reaction Score

Well - now we have seen 011, and 008 - where are the rest of them? Think a Season 3 set up...

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score

I had the same feeling on episode 7. It was so out of place it HAD to be something that will be for the next season. If not, it was completely unnecessary.

I loved the Aliens easter eggs in episode 6.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Well - now we have seen 011, and 008 - where are the rest of them? Think a Season 3 set up...
How did 008 go from being a black girl to an Indian girl? Anyway, kinda hot.

We just binged episodes 3 through 7 the past two nights. Overall, love this season, of course.

Yes, Will's Dorothy Hamill haircut is ridic.
Sean Astin is bringin' it. I wonder of he gained the weight for the show (doubt it, tho).
Wynona is great again.
Max's brother screams Rob Lowe from St. Elmo's Fire.
I agree "The Lost Sister" has to be a prelude to next season.
Dustin is a great character. Love that kid.
Two episodes to go...I assume Max has a role in this?

Kudos to the casting crew. This ensemble is great.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The whole sister thing was so ...dare I say...strange? Must be more about that next season.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Sorry if I missed it and am asking dumb questions

was the “antagonist” ever explained at all? What it is, why it’s there, how it is linked to the “upside down”, why it cares about Will, and its overall motive? And so was it never really at all vanquished by eleven? Did anything happen to that doctor guy who seemed to be the main human antagonist? Just got killed by velociraptors? And once again, with a snap of the fingers and a drawn out shot of eleven screaming at the top of her lungs, the problem is wiped away. I get that there will be follow up season but I wish they didn’t just mention the Russian spies once or twice then never address it again

Frankly I hated that it devolved in to Jurassic Park for the last 4 episodes
You bring up some really valid points. But most of them fall into the “best not to think about it” catergory. What I don’t get is
Hopper has been into the upside down like 50 times now. How does he avoid getting possessed or whatever? Bob was like the best character ever. How was he so nonchalant with all the crap going on though!? Is the demon a thing? Is it the goop? Is it, as a Will said, a feeling? [\spoiler]

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom