Storm of the century? | The Boneyard

Storm of the century?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bulljive. Wait'll it's over, for cryin' out loud!

There have been unending parades of "Crime of the Century," "Trial of the Century," and "Blizzard of the Century." The media has a short memory, and their labels are highly suspect.

Besides, what kind of distinction is "Storm of the Century" when we're just 1/8 the way into the 21st century?

DrDos

Skimmer
Reaction Score
In the postmodern world, time has sped up. Events are "instant classics", and storms are "storms of the century".

► It's the end of the world!
Get in the fetal position ... and kiss your a*s good bye!

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score

In the lyric of the immortal John Prine;
"Give my feet to the footloose, careless, fancy-free
Give my knees to the needy, doncha pull that stuff on me!
Hand me down my walkin' cane, it's a sin to tell a lie,
and, send my mouth a-way down south, and kiss my goodbye!"

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I have the perfect beer to go with that. Shock Top's new End of the World; Midnight Ale.

Reaction Score

There have been unending parades of "Crime of the Century," "Trial of the Century," and "Blizzard of the Century." The media has a short memory, and their labels are highly suspect.

Besides, what kind of distinction is "Storm of the Century" when we're just 1/8 the way into the 21st century?
La Tormenta del Siglio? LOL Wonk

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Well it's all we got to go with for now. Besides who's gonna be around in 2100 to look back on all of the storms? Not you or me.

Reaction Score
Well, at least it's a new topic. What I want to know is whether or not there's team practice today? :-0

Reaction Score
I heard Gov. Malloy state in a news conference yesterday "the last time we saw something like this was never".. But I distincly remember he said that with the Snowtober storm, and probably with Irene too. I think he has a short memory too...or needs a new speech writer.

Reaction Score
I heard Gov. Malloy state in a news conference yesterday "the last time we saw something like this was never".. But I distincly remember he said that with the Snowtober storm, and probably with Irene too. I think he has a short memory too...or needs a new speech writer.
Gov. Malloy is a dope...congratulations to all on the board who have a different "leader."

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
He would be accurate, however, of the scale of Frankenstorm which maintained gale force winds across an area 1040 miles across. Hurricane, nor'easter, and blizzard all wrapped up in one not so neat package. At the moment there will be flooding throughout areas of the central Appalachians but not appearing to reach the record levels of Irene but it those same mountains have up to 3 feet of snow in the mountains.

Reaction Score
Every storm is different, so of course he's never seen anything like it. Neither have we.

Reaction Score
I don't know if Malloy is a dope or not (as Dairy sez) but, he did the right thing,

For me the difference between Irene and this Sandy storm was merely the fact that it hit the CT coast (well, New Haven anyway) roughly 2 hours after low tide while Irene hit right at the tidal peak. This was the first time in my life I've ever evacuated. No regrets.

FWIW: The debris field at my house was at a slightly different angle but abot 15 feet father beyond that left by Irene. More and larger rocks this time too (tho that could be because of the bottom characteristics from the different angle). I suspect we didn't have as much rain and I don't know if the sustained winds were worse in this storm.

He would be accurate, however, of the scale of Frankenstorm which maintained gale force winds across an area 1040 miles across. Hurricane, nor'easter, and blizzard all wrapped up in one not so neat package. At the moment there will be flooding throughout areas of the central Appalachians but not appearing to reach the record levels of Irene but it those same mountains have up to 3 feet of snow in the mountains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom