Stop the slow ball standing around Crap | The Boneyard

Stop the slow ball standing around Crap

Reaction Score
I hope they don't slow it down and stand around ever again. Keep running the motion to eat up clock and continue to tire their opponent. They played right into trap after trap! Just stupid strategy and play. Good thing we were up by enough.

And stop the stupid trash talking shenanigans. They scored just 2 points sans those 2 FTs by Castle after Spencer's T.

With that said and out of my system, we finally beat a ranked team on the road and beat a tough conference rival. One more to go, then take care of business at MSG in the BET.

Reaction Score
I hope they don't slow it down and stand around ever again. Keep running the motion to eat up clock and continue to tire their opponent. They played right into trap after trap! Just stupid strategy and play. Good thing we were up by enough.

And stop the stupid trash talking shenanigans. They scored just 2 points sans those 2 FTs by Castle after Spencer's T.

With that said and out of my system, we finally beat a ranked team on the road and beat a tough conference rival. One more to go, then take care of business at MSG in the BET.
More specifically dont stall the offense with 4 minutes left. Like wt.f DH?!!! Save that for 2 minutes and up a good margin.

Reaction Score

You can’t pick and choose what you like about this team. If they talk trash that’s who they are. Stop complaining and enjoy the success. You sound like a spoiled brat

Reaction Score

You can’t tell Cam to stop being himself and to not once in a while scream at the crowd after a made shot.

You don’t want that? OK, you don’t get all the killer and clutch plays he’s made for us this season either. Your choice.

Reaction Score
Jake Johnson No GIF by The Lonely Island

Reaction Score
Can’t believe cam got a T for that. He shouted like one syllable —- it wasn’t even like he gestured or anything or like it was an extended sentence. UConn hate across the land I guess. my man killa cam —- love this team

Reaction Score
To be fair to Hurley, our prevent offense hasn’t cost us a game this year. But it really is infuriating. Newton just holds the ball killing time until he gets doubled every damn time.
To be honest the UConn staff knows what they are doing. If the statistics say stall the ball and run the clock out, that’s what you do. UConn has won 27 games. It’s obviously not aesthetically pleasing but the coaches know more than us. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. This team/staff has done things the last 1.5 years that haven’t been done in 10 years plus. Stop complaining and enjoy the ride.

Reaction Score

0FDDE948-0B78-4D84-9BEF-EED6EDBC41BF.jpeg

Credit to HuskyWarrior

Reaction Score
You can’t pick and choose what you like about this team. If they talk trash that’s who they are. Stop complaining and enjoy the success. You sound like a spoiled brat
I love this team. Best motion offense ever. Great D. Great shooting.

I can say whatever the h'll I want. Those who know me, know I love this team, program, coach and players.

Stop your stupid judgements!

Reaction Score

I can say whatever the h'll I want. Those who know me, know I love this team, program, coach and players.

You’re the one judging. If cam wants to trash talk, let him. He deserves it. He’s the one making the shots and backing up his talk. This team isn’t a top ten team without him. Let him cook. This is his last month of basketball in college.

Reaction Score
To be honest the UConn staff knows what they are doing. If the statistics say stall the ball and run the clock out, that’s what you do. UConn has won 27 games. It’s obviously not aesthetically pleasing but the coaches know more than us. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. This team/staff has done things the last 1.5 years that haven’t been done in 10 years plus. Stop complaining and enjoy the ride.
They're a great team that has a great coach, but their not infallible. Their play after Cam's T was painful to watch.

Reaction Score
You’re the one judging. If cam wants to trash talk, let him. He deserves it. He’s the one making the shots and backing up his talk. This team isn’t a top ten team without him. Let him cook. This is his last month of basketball in college.
I love Cam, his energy, his shot making. Just give it rest!

Reaction Score
Was this Cam's 1st T this year? How many did AJax have last year?
I believe that was his 2nd. The other one was against UNC.

Before this season he had 0 in his college career.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

You da man, they didn’t really stall for nail last minute or so. They had two open looks for three by can and stephon, or was I watching a different game?

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
To be fair to Hurley, our prevent offense hasn’t cost us a game this year. But it really is infuriating. Newton just holds the ball killing time until he gets doubled every damn time.
There was a period of games last year that we/AJax was brutal against the press. This gave me flashbacks to that. It was uncomfortable to watch our strategy with the pressure tonight.

However, I am glad that Marquette showed us the weakness tonight. I can't imagine Hurley not putting time in to address it.

Reaction Score
I believe that was his 2nd. Was the other one against UNC?

Before this season he had 0 in his college career.
I think it was bogus! When has trash talking to the croud ever been a foul? With that said, the game turned and they limped to a win. If it were a closer game wr might not have been so fortunate. Before that T they played with don't back down fure, answering every Marquette run. I love Cam and this team. They do so many things the right way. Just don't want to see them lose in either of the upcoming win or go home tournaments due to some momentum breaking foolishness.

I'm all for emotion. Just show it differently where the mo keeps going. Is that so wrong to ask for? Even Hurley didn't like it.

Reaction Score
You da man, they didn’t really stall for nail last minute or so. They had two open looks for three by can and stephon, or was I watching a different game?
Of course they got off some shots, and good ones, but they got trapped a lot, too much dribbling into traffic and kept turning it over. The refs were letting Marquette foul without any calls, so they needed to adjust. I would think that Hurley himself is rethinking how they handled the last 4 to 5 minutes of that game.

Bottom line they won. Great teams always learn and adjust for similar challenges. That's all I'm saying. They're a great team with a great coach. There's always room to improve.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom