Stop the madness! | The Boneyard

Stop the madness!

mudblood

Incorrigible optimist
Reaction Score
The BY is going off the rails overanalyzing a simple situation :eek:
  • We barely beat bottom-dweller Xavier, the sky is falling! NOT. We played with half-a-Lou (knee) and half-a-Carol (y'all know) and no Dorka (why is everyone forgetting?), which leaves Liyah, Aubs, and Nika as only 3 legit extended minute players. Even so, after about 7 minutes we had doubled up on Xavier (18-9) and were on pace to score 100. Then the subs came in... and Geno even played two of them at a time once or twice (Xavier only time he could afford that)... It wasn't pretty but we won comfortably (not by MOV, but the result was never in question).
  • Geno is throwing the team under the bus, what horror! NOT. He was frustrated, but pointing out that we are in a bind, just play to your strengths, we don't need heroes, please listen and do what you do well - check out the part in the presser with "take this and put it there" and the one later on with "leave that for learning over the summer". He needed to push a hard button before the elimination games start - he always does that.
  • None of our problems can be fixed, it is too late, we are doomed! NOT. As Nika pointed out, they haven't had full length practices in a few weeks, which are what gets them to the point (paraphrasing Geno) of being as good that "you can't do it wrong". Add in some rest/healing, some minutes from Azzi, plus the actual urgency and motivation, and we'll flip a switch (have seen it many times in the past).
Now that being said, we might as well end up like the 1999 or the 2005 teams :( I'll be sad, but still immensely proud of these players and how they handled such unprecedented adversity.

The optimist in me, however, thinks that if the health outlook is good, we could end up like the 2012 team (or maybe even like the 2004 team if karma aligns) :D

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Starting a slow clap @mudblood
Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Having been converted to the Tonyc school of optimism several years ago, I am extremely pleased with the performance of this team, during this challenging season. Despite the unprecedented number of injuries to key players, the Huskies have not only persevered, but I would argue they have also “overachieved.”

From here on out, whatever happens with this team, win or lose, we should all be immensely proud of these young ladies. While UConn will most certainly not be the favorite in the upcoming NCAA Tournament, I doubt that there is any team in the country that wants the Huskies in their bracket.

Reaction Score
Having been converted to the Tonyc school of optimism several years ago, I am extremely pleased with the performance of this team, during this challenging season. Despite the unprecedented number of injuries to key players, the Huskies have not only persevered, but I would argue they have also “overachieved.”

From here on out, whatever happens with this team, win or lose, we should all be immensely proud of these young ladies. While UConn will most certainly not be the favorite in the upcoming NCAA Tournament, I doubt that there is any team in the country that wants the Huskies in their bracket.
Agree 100%. When you consider the firepower we have had sitting on the bench most of the year, it truly is amazing what this team has accomplished.

Regardless of the ending this year, it’s still remarkable. Very proud of this team.

Reaction Score
  • We barely beat bottom-dweller Xavier, the sky is falling! NOT. We played with half-a-Lou (knee) and half-a-Carol (y'all know) and no Dorka (why is everyone forgetting?), which leaves Liyah, Aubs, and Nika as only 3 legit extended minute players. Even so, after about 7 minutes we had doubled up on Xavier (18-9) and were on pace to score 100. Then the subs came in... and Geno even played two of them at a time once or twice (Xavier only time he could afford that)... It wasn't pretty but we won comfortably (not by MOV, but the result was never in question).
  • Geno is throwing the team under the bus, what horror! NOT. He was frustrated, but pointing out that we are in a bind, just play to your strengths, we don't need heroes, please listen and do what you do well - check out the part in the presser with "take this and put it there" and the one later on with "leave that for learning over the summer". He needed to push a hard button before the elimination games start - he always does that.
  • None of our problems can be fixed, it is too late, we are doomed! NOT. As Nika pointed out, they haven't had full length practices in a few weeks, which are what gets them to the point (paraphrasing Geno) of being as good that "you can't do it wrong". Add in some rest/healing, some minutes from Azzi, plus the actual urgency and motivation, and we'll flip a switch (have seen it many times in the past).
Now that being said, we might as well end up like the 1999 or the 2005 teams :( I'll be sad, but still immensely proud of these players and how they handled such unprecedented adversity.

The optimist in me, however, thinks that if the health outlook is good, we could end up like the 2012 team (or maybe even like the 2004 team if karma aligns) :D
YOGI BERRA.... It ain't over till it's over! ( games to go!)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I respect a post that warns against being overly analytic and then goes through a long analysis, including bullet pointed headings.

Reaction Score
What UCONN's [I’ve] got to do, FANS [you] can’t be any part of. [Ilsa], I’m no good at PREDICTING [being noble], but it doesn’t take much to see that the problems of A COLLEGE BASKETBALL PROGRAM [three little people] don’t amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you’ll understand that.
-- Rick to Ilse in Casablanca

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I respect a post that warns against being overly analytic and then goes through a long analysis, including bullet pointed headings.
Well, there's analysis and then there's urinalysis...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well, there's analysis and then there's urinalysis...
Isn’t the second one what you say to someone when they’re seeing a psychiatrist?

Octavia Spencer Nod GIF by NEON
“Oh urinalysis?”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom