STOKES!!! | The Boneyard

STOKES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Machine, once she realizes she should turn, drop step and lay it up after an Oboard shell get double doubles every hands

Reaction Score
So true. Very underrated player. I know that every day, the coaching staff and the players are in Stokes ear letting her know how valuable she is to the program.

Reaction Score
She certainly came to play. If Stewie is gonna space out and not be focused I hope Stokes gets a ton of PT in the 2nd half. We will need her.

Reaction Score
Both times Stokes came in, the lead went from 3 to 10-12. She is imposing and the most intimidating of the 3 bigs in my opinion. I think she has more than proven her dependability at this point. When you put her in you know exactly what you're going to get. Maybe she's not as offense-minded, but she is quite effective and does what she does well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The lead always seems to increase when she comes in the game even though
she does not score. She seems to change the game.

HGN

Reaction Score
From what I am seeing it looks like Stewie has decided to take few games off. :(

Reaction Score
They really need to get someone to work with her on her offensive moves.
A head fake, hook shot and setting up in a low posture in the post to make
herself available for a bounce pass and just be more aggressive offensively.
She will really be something next yr. Go Huskies!!

Reaction Score
They really need to get someone to work with her on her offensive moves.
A head fake, hook shot and setting up in a low posture in the post to make
herself available for a bounce pass and just be more aggressive offensively.
She will really be something next yr. Go Huskies!!
She can shoot away from the basket, but she has a bit of Heather Buck-itis where she sort of panics when she has to try anything more than a lay up because she rarely does it. If she can work on her shot and gain confidence this summer, I think 10 points from her, perhaps more, is not unrealistic.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
RadyLady said:
She is an intimidating wall of a presence. My favorite thing to see happen is to see the other team dribble towards her. spot her and Fred Flintstone double back out. It's hilarious - she had to be pretty scary...I love it!

I remember a game earlier this year when an opposing player dribbled the ball to the right block while we had our big 3 on the floor. She immediately had Stef between her and the basket, and both Kiah and Stewie had her trapped where she stood. Can you say, "Uncle!!" ??

:)

Reaction Score
She is an intimidating wall of a presence. My favorite thing to see happen is to see the other team dribble towards her. spot her and Fred Flintstone double back out. It's hilarious - she had to be pretty scary...I love it!
It happens every game.

Reaction Score
Stokes seems to be a better half court defensive player than Stewart.

Reaction Score
From what I am seeing it looks like Stewie has decided to take few games off. :(

Stewie is not that good of a pure shooter, so when her forms are off just a little, she misses a lot of shots, but she is a scorer so when that happens I wish she would take it to the basket more instead of settling for long jumper. At least she did not force jump shots today like the BYU game.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
She is probably the best defensive and rebounding post we have and Stef aint bad, but Stokes is quicker and a better leaper.
And on offense - the last two years she just looked lost a lot of the time ... this year she is very confident of where she should be and what she should be doing. That makes the offense flow even if she isn't scoring.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
She is probably the best defensive and rebounding post we have and Stef aint bad, but Stokes is quicker and a better leaper.
And on offense - the last two years she just looked lost a lot of the time ... this year she is very confident of where she should be and what she should be doing. That makes the offense flow even if she isn't scoring.
when she's in the game and not scoring that just tells Mo and Bria to amp up their scoring

Reaction Score

HGN: yeh, saving up for the BIG time (not that I endorse that).

Reaction Score

UC: always like your stuff on here, but I don't see that "confident" look that you see....wish I did.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I am really impressed with Kiah Stokes. UCONN might be even better defensively inside next year with the combo of Stewart/Stokes blocking shots. She's also one of the better rebounders I've seen this year. If she can develop a back to the basket post game I think she'll have a breakout year in 2014-15 and I could see her putting up 10 points, 10+ boards and 3 blocks night in night out.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
In his post-game press conference, Geno talked about Kiah's "amazing 15 minutes." She was great.

Reaction Score
Brilliant game for Ms. Stokes. Simply put she just calms the game down.

She basically puts an end to offensive rebounds, and is a terrific defender on the block. Her blocks / rebounds per minute played must be phenomenal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom