Stokes shows up... again | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stokes shows up... again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm really glad to see Kiah in there making an impact for us. She is really needed for us to be successful. To a certain extent, I think her development has been hampered by the excellence on offense that Stef has demonstrated during her career. Stef has been a go-to post player for almost all of her career and we have needed to keep her in there to be successful. When she has gotten in foul trouble our next option has never been as good offensively and this is where Kiah needs to get better and show more. But it's hard in limited minutes. I love her length and athleticism and really feel she can/will do some great things for us in the future. For now, we can utilize her defense and rebounding to hold down the opposition. Hopefully Stef can help her polish her post moves and shot going forward so she will present more of an offensive threat.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
A friend of mine who goes to all the games and I observed that her main issue on O, compared to SD, is that she really doesn't demand the ball, and she seems to have the moves and skill to do it. Seems like something coaching would address if that's what they want her to do. Pretty fair jump shooter, too. But I guess so long as she rebounds and plays good D, she can be an important contributor.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The interior passes were not as available against Vandy as they were against Idaho. I thought Kiah played great against Idaho and well against Vandy. I'd like to see her matched up with Tianna Hawkins.

Reaction Score
The interior passes were not as available against Vandy as they were against Idaho. I thought Kiah played great against Idaho and well against Vandy. I'd like to see her matched up with Tianna Hawkins.[/quote

It really doesn't mean a thing. Neither do stats mean anything.
All that matters for any player is how they they play in the big games.
If somebody compiles our stats for the Duke, MD, Stanford and ND games, that will reveal our best players who should get the most playing time and who can be relied on this time of year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom