Still Standing | The Boneyard

Still Standing

Reaction Score
I apologize if this has already been mentioned but didn’t see it in another thread. Has anyone noticed that 4 out the 5 teams we lost to are still in the tournament? And, if ND didn’t get upset yesterday it would have been 5 out of 5. As Rebecca said, “don’t count out UConn”. SOS confirmed in spades.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
True but kinda cuts both ways. The teams who beat us are still in play. But a team we didn’t play stands in the way. I know zero about Duke this year except they are apparently playing well right now. So are we and know we have some impactful experienced players which often makes a difference in the tournament.

Reaction Score
I apologize if this has already been mentioned but didn’t see it in another thread. Has anyone noticed that 4 out the 5 teams we lost to are still in the tournament? And, if ND didn’t get upset yesterday it would have been 5 out of 5. As Rebecca said, “don’t count out UConn”. SOS confirmed in spades.
It has been mentioned in another thread. But it’s important and deserves to be repeated. We suffered a few losses against really strong teams because we had revealed and incipient injury problems. Fully healthy we might have won them all.

The ND loss is in some ways the most important because we’d had time to regroup around who was still standing but hadn’t fully managed it yet. And ND was as hobbled by injury as we were.

I look at the UCLA loss and think this is a game we might have won even without Jana if Azzi and Ayanna and CD had been 100%. This was a missed opportunity for a great game between great teams.

Reaction Score
As I have said in all 5 of our losses players on the other teams shot way above their average. Such as Osborn and Rice, if I am the coach I say to beat them make those two outside shooters.. Against us not so much and it was the same in all our losses. Look at SC Pao Pao shot the lights out. How about Rivers against NC St she shot much better than the year before. At this point it is who steps up and shoots well and plays well with as little turnovers as possible because each possession can turn the game. Go Huskies!!!!!!!

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score

The ND loss is in some ways the most important because we’d had time to regroup around who was still standing but hadn’t fully managed it yet. And ND was as hobbled by injury as we were.

this may have been mentioned elsewhere, but i don't think anybody has considered that this came during the celebration/reunion of two past uconn teams, with great hoopla and many legends in attendance.

i daresay that may have affected the team's performance. in the BY, nd was not considered a big threat (especially in gampel), and perhaps, sadly, that may have been the team's attitude too.

a factor: distractions? :mad: maybe a lesson was learned.

Reaction Score
this may have been mentioned elsewhere, but i don't think anybody has considered that this came during the celebration/reunion of two past uconn teams, with great hoopla and many legends in attendance.

i daresay that may have affected the team's performance. in the BY, nd was not considered a big threat (especially in gampel), and perhaps, sadly, that may have been the team's attitude too.

a factor: distractions? :mad: maybe a lesson was learned.
I thought the same thing. Besides the major distraction, the pressure of living up to these legends and idols was probably too much on the team.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
And we are not the same team as we were when we played these 5 teams. A lot has been messed up, repaired, messed again, and then the final settle on starting lineup and roles.

Reaction Score
UCLA is out! LSU made them beat them from the outside and they just didn't have the fire power to do it. UConn needs to stay focused and let those teams come in knowing they have to beat UConn twice in one season to make cut down the nets. So far several of the games have been great games with three more to go today plus the Elite 8.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom