Still nothing on a new AD? | The Boneyard

Still nothing on a new AD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Any word/rumors about the new AD? I know they'll keep it close to the vest but one of you multi talented Boneyarders should have bugged somebody's office by now ;)

Reaction Score
They hired a firm to find candidates and conduct interviews. Would be surprised if we heard anything before a few months

Reaction Score
Honestly the way Susan runs her administration I don't think you'll hear anything except maybe a list of a few of the finalists.

Reaction Score
Geez...what happens if conferences(Big12) decide to make a change. Would hate for this to be one more shot of Kharma kicking UConn in the privates because they didn't have the RKGorGal in place to take advantage.

Reaction Score
Any word/rumors about the new AD? I know they'll keep it close to the vest but one of you multi talented Boneyarders should have bugged somebody's office by now ;)
Might have something for you here, very familiar with UConn teams and may be looking for a new position in the fall. Please keep it under your hat! ;)
http://espn.go.com/womens-college-b...ma-honors-uconn-huskies-women-basketball-team

Reaction Score
Might have something for you here, very familiar with UConn teams and may be looking for a new position in the fall. Please keep it under your hat! ;)
http://espn.go.com/womens-college-b...ma-honors-uconn-huskies-women-basketball-team
Oh please! Hopefully the Pres and trustees will pick someone that can at least negotiate their way out of a wet paper bag.

Reaction Score
Geez...what happens if conferences(Big12) decide to make a change. Would hate for this to be one more shot of Kharma kicking UConn in the privates because they didn't have the RKGorGal in place to take advantage.

I can see the conversation between Bowlsby, Boren, and Fenves now:

"Well Bob I think UConn would be a great expansion target, but gee golly they haven't hired an AD since Warde left 2 weeks ago. Who would we even call? We should just move on Memphis."

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
My official not-connected-whatsoever prediction: Sean Frazier (NIU AD) will be our next AD.

Reaction Score
My official not-connected-whatsoever prediction: Sean Frazier (NIU AD) will be our next AD.
How about we give the Big12 150 million dollars, and we stay in the AAC. Oooops, my bad.

Reaction Score
If UConn cannot get a superstar like Oliver Luck, here is another name to consider:
Beth Goetz, who is now interim AD at Minn., probably has a lot of respect among B10 officials. She may be available for another univ. if Minn doesn't put her in as permanent AD.

Reaction Score
If UConn cannot get a superstar like Oliver Luck, here is another name to consider:
Beth Goetz, who is now interim AD at Minn., probably has a lot of respect among B10 officials. She may be available for another univ. if Minn doesn't put her in as permanent AD.
I gotta hand it to you..you come out with some obscure names...some good..some are of the quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
To be fair this isn't something you want a rush hire for, AD hirings to tend to take a few months

While I agree, IMO the process should not have started when WM announced he was leaving, but should've started months ago when he officially applied for the UM gig. While it would be odd to hire the new AD when both the incumbent and interim are sitting in their offices, I would hope we have an announcement before month's end.

Reaction Score
While I agree, IMO the process should not have started when WM announced he was leaving, but should've started months ago when he officially applied for the UM gig.
In preparation for Warde's move, how would most people know some advance preparation had not occurred or know the wheels weren't already moving? For example, Susan Herbst' right hand, ex-athletic department employee and current transitioning interim AD Rachel Rubin, was joined by consultant Mike Tranghese. Perhaps proactive, pre-planning was in place beyond involving Tranghese to help with conference realignment.

Reaction Score
Yeah I would think that Warde Manuel would have had a chat with President Herbst when he decided to apply for the Michigan job if for nothing else but professional courtesy. And....at that point she started to make preparations for the search for the next AD. I'll bet behind the scenes wheels were turning long before any public announcement was made. Hopefully the new guy/gal will be a super star everyone can be happy with. I am still wishing it would be Mike Aresco even though chances of that happening are slim to nil. But if I were pres I would have at least thrown that bone out there for him to bite on or refuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom