Still amazing to see how much this board lights up after a loss.... | The Boneyard

Still amazing to see how much this board lights up after a loss....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Louisville is ranked #1.....let me repeat that: Louisville is ranked #1. There's a reason people, they're pretty good. Yes the result sucked, but we proved we can play with the best for an extended period of time, eventually we just got worn down. So what? Nothing to be ashamed about....we've had far worse losses in recent years when our expectations were infinitely higher. If THIS is the game that people are going to choose to go nuts over, I hate to see what happens when we have our WTF game (this wasn't it folks....). Much as it pains us all given what we've become accustomed to, there are going to be games where we are on the other end of the talent mismatch.

The best news, in a perverse way, is at the end of the year, this loss won't mean a god-damn thing when it comes to selection Sunday. So chill out, jeez.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Louisville is ranked #1.....let me repeat that: Louisville is ranked #1. There's a reason people, they're pretty good. Yes the result sucked, but we proved we can play with the best for an extended period of time, eventually we just got worn down. So what? Nothing to be ashamed about....we've had far worse losses in recent years when our expectations were infinitely higher. If THIS is the game that people are going to choose to go nuts over, I hate to see what happens when we have our WTF game (this wasn't it folks....). Much as it pains us all given what we've become accustomed to, there are going to be games where we are on the other end of the talent mismatch.

The best news, in a perverse way, is at the end of the year, this loss won't mean a god-damn thing when it comes to selection Sunday. So chill out, jeez.
Great post. Some of us take the viewpoint that this is a team that is over reaching based on experience, talent level and missing pieces. Others don't agree with that assessment. They believe the pieces are there. If you start off with different talent evaluation, you are going to have some people accepting this loss as reasonable and others complaining about it. The key for all of us is less about convincing the other guy they're wrong and more about understanding how the other guy thinks and why they think that way. State your opinion knowing that others think differently than we do and are very likely to stay entrenched with their thinking and their behavior.

willie99

Reaction Score
I just don't see the board exploding, and I've seen this board explode. Football 2012 and 2011, hoops 2012 and 2010

most people seem to appreciate where we are right now, but we still want to win

SJ

Reaction Score
I agree...it's not nearly as bad as last year! It was anticipated that we would likely lose to a #1 team, but by golly, the first half was so promising and got my hopes way, WAY UP! People complaining about KO really gets my goat, though. We would not have had that great first half if not for him, geez!

willie99

Reaction Score
I agree...it's not nearly as bad as last year! It was anticipated that we would likely lose to a #1 team, but by golly, the first half was so promising and got my hopes way, WAY UP! People complaining about KO really gets my goat, though. We would not have had that great first half if not for him, geez!

c'mon man, we complained about Jim Calhoun too

it's our job

Reaction Score
That was an exhausting night. Another night to learn and grow from. I really enjoyed my "Rushing the Court Thread". It was a real pleasant thought. UConn has created so many great memories in my life. UConn is a great family so lets stay positive and move on to the next game with hope and determination. I always will have my blue husky blinders on to a certain degree but believe in Kevin Ollie and the nucleus of this team. A solid 10-11 win BE season sets us up nice for next year. I say we get to that #.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Exploding? Nah - some minor whining, perhaps.

You shoulda seen the football board after the Western Michigan loss.

It got really bad - someone ate a baby!

Reaction Score

Reaction Score

The context I was referring to is that 15 minutes after the game ended, there were already almost two full pages of threads, including such beauts as "KO got out coached" as compared to after the ND win, when there were maybe 10 or so posts. I guess by its nature this is a schizo board (yes I've been around it a long time as u know), but this seemed a little much to me.....maybe I'm just not nearly as delusional as many on this board when it comes to expectations this year.

Reaction Score
Or a lot of those posts were contrary to the thread title and defending KO. I think it's in our nature to be more likely to post when we disagree with something than when we agree with something. When we see something we agree with, we think, "Yeah, he/she said it pretty well already," just give the post a like, and move on. Disagreement usually warrants arguments or an explanation of an opposing viewpoint.

Reaction Score
I don't care if L'ville is # negative one thousand.

I saw a UConn team that played awful in the second half. After a couple of blocks they stopped trying to go inside. They played like a deflated team. That was unexpected and disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom