Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Cs_ZXbgVIAAwmJZ.jpg:large

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

THIS is an example of the "finished" product Geno and CD turn out every year from their finishing school for women. Stewie has seamlessly joined the many other UConn graduates that are spread out across the country serving as ambassadors for UConn, the WNBA and the communities in which they live. Well done Stewie, well done. Carnac predicts that the Storm will be Breanna's team the second Sue retires. :)

Reaction Score
THIS is an example of the "finished" product Geno and CD turn out every year from their finishing school for women. Stewie has seamlessly joined the many other UConn graduates that are spread out across the country serving as ambassadors for UConn, the WNBA and the communities in which they live. Well done Stewie, well done. Carnac predicts that the Storm will be Breanna's team the second Sue retires. :)
Finishing school for women? Do they also teach them how to make dinner and do laundry too?

Reaction Score
Inquiring minds want to know! Is Carnac actually morphing into Captain Obvious? ;) :D

HGN

Reaction Score
The Huskies raise players and young women right.....As evident by 11 NC Trophies and young ladies like Stewie.

GO HUSKIES!!

Reaction Score
The Huskies raise players and young women right.....As evident by 11 NC Trophies and young ladies like Stewie.

GO HUSKIES!!
I'd like to think parents are responsible for raising their kids. When you're in college, you're an adult. I believe Geno and staff pick kids that have been raised right by their parents and not so much that they are made that way by the coaches.

Reaction Score
I'd like to think parents are responsible for raising their kids. When you're in college, you're an adult. I believe Geno and staff pick kids that have been raised right by their parents and not so much that they are made that way by the coaches.
I think that's right....but Geno and crew take those core values learned from parents and prepare the student athletes to comport themselves ( thank you Doris) with professionalism and social grace in the public arena. There are other programs that do a very good job of preparing their players for a great future, on and off the court, but no one, and i repeat, no one does it better than Geno and crew.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Well, a fair number of UConn greats refer to Geno as a second father and most admit to loving him; then there is the hanging around and showing up thing. And the scientists tell us brains take 'til about 22 YOA to settle in. So I'm going with coaches have a big influence in the young lives of college athletes.

HGN

Reaction Score
I said raise 'players' , not kids. UConn raise's a players skill level.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Stewie's letter parallels the letter that she, Moriah, and Morgan wrote to the UConn fans. It too is very well done and a class move.

I too love the "Stewie out." She initially didn't like that nickname, but I think she has come to embrace it. First-team WNBA is very impressive.

On a semi-serious note, see what she says about the Storm fans. That's a challenge to the Husky fans to become louder and rock the house.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think that's right....but Geno and crew take those core values learned from parents and prepare the student athletes to comport themselves ( thank you Doris) with professionalism and social grace in the public arena. There are other programs that do a very good job of preparing their players for a great future, on and off the court, but no one, and i repeat, no one does it better than Geno and crew.

Rugbymate, you just briefly defined the basic overall curriculum of Geno & CD's finishing school. They pick up where the parents leave off (when the young lady leaves home at 18 for 4 years), and adds some polish and refinement to the values, habits and manners the parents have all ready set in place. Agree with her reasoning/methods or not, but the players that have come through the program since 1985 have for the most part have given CD credit for helping them prepare for life outside of and after basketball. They learn and incorporate values and concepts at UConn that they embrace and use in the real world the rest of their lives.

Reaction Score
Exactly. Most of these UConn kids had manners, class and dignity installed by good parents long before they got to UConn.

Reaction Score
Rugbymate, you just briefly defined the basic overall curriculum of Geno & CD's finishing school. They pick up where the parents leave off (when the young lady leaves home at 18 for 4 years), and adds some polish and refinement to the values, habits and manners the parents have all ready set in place. Agree with her reasoning/methods or not, but the players that have come through the program since 1985 have for the most part have given CD credit for helping them prepare for life outside of and after basketball. They learn and incorporate values and concepts at UConn that they embrace and use in the real world the rest of their lives.

CD a surrogate Mom, finishing school director, give back to the community leader, Basketball Post Coach, teacher of everything a "girl" should know---but none of that could ever have taken place without the help and big time support from GENO.
Carnac--I believe you are right about the highlighted sentence of Polish and Refinement. Some say MOST players have adopted "class" from this program. I suggest it is ALL who spend 4 years have class--and even those with one year--learn a lot about that subject from this program..

Reaction Score
Well, a fair number of UConn greats refer to Geno as a second father and most admit to loving him; then there is the hanging around and showing up thing. And the scientists tell us brains take 'til about 22 YOA to settle in. So I'm going with coaches have a big influence in the young lives of college athletes.

Yep when i WAS 16 my father was the dumbest thing alive--at 22 I was amazed how much he learned in 6 years. ( I think Dr Phil says the brain isn't fully developed until the late 20's others have written that age too)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Yep when i WAS 16 my father was the dumbest thing alive--at 22 I was amazed how much he learned in 6 years. ( I think Dr Phil says the brain isn't fully developed until the late 20's others have written that age too)

My best laugh of the morning. My 3 daughters wrote me off as teenagers, but now I'm the cat's pajamas.

Reaction Score
I've told this story before but it fits here- - -
When Rebecca Lobo was a freshman she was talking to a teammate about the CT fans being possessive and overbearing, and crazy. CD was nearby and told RL that the fans are the reason she and Rebecca, and the rest of the program are there and don't ever talk down about the CT WBB fans again! And Rebecca said she has never pre-judged or knocked people no matter what they do or say that have come into her life since that day!
Rebecca said "Just another life lesson from Chris Dailey!"

Reaction Score
Finishing school for women? Do they also teach them how to make dinner and do laundry too?

Say what you will but, there isn't a woman or man who couldn't benefit from knowing how to make a "killer red sauce" (or gravy for youse New Yawkers<G>)

Reaction Score
My best laugh of the morning. My 3 daughters wrote me off as teenagers, but now I'm the cat's pajamas.

Ages of daughters 4--My daddy is the best-- age 14 ) DADDY!! Age 16---You're so old fashioned
Age 21--you were never there for me!! Age 30---You are the best grand pa ever (counting the bucks)

e 60 He was a great man!! He was the best daddy ever.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My wife and I were raised in different states but we had the same formative education---and tht shaped our lives. I learned to speak Connecticut Yankee at home . Parents that have the time to spend with their kids (My big bucks daughter does) may form them. But most parents are involved with making a living and surviving to the next day--So I was lucky that my REAL education was in school and I suspect that is true of some of the kids passing thru the Christine Dailey's finishing school. . Adult --there are , at least , 2 definitions ---Legal 18, Actual 29 mentally..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom