Stewie's breakaway ... | The Boneyard

Stewie's breakaway ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With Breanna way ahead of the field heading for a breakaway layup ...and UConn up by quite a few ...I'm sure I wasn't the only one who was thinking " DUNK IT " . Instead she just used the backboard for a vanilla two points. Am I the only one who was disappointed with the decision ? Would have brought the house down .
Maybe she can't ...or didn't wanna showboat ....or mess up the normal flow of things.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
With Breanna way ahead of the field heading for a breakaway layup ...and UConn up by quite a few ...I'm sure I wasn't the only one who was thinking " DUNK IT " . Instead she just used the backboard for a vanilla two points. Am I the only one who was disappointed with the decision ? Would have brought the house down .
Maybe she can't ...or didn't wanna showboat ....or mess up the normal flow of things.
Having seen her in the dunk contest, I was thinking, DON'T TRY TO DUNK! She made the right call. Dunks are a valid part of the men's game because they are high percent shots. They aren't for Stewie right now. Right call by her.

HGN

Reaction Score
Having seen her in the dunk contest, I was thinking, DON"T TRY TO DUNK! She made the right call. Dunks are a valid part of the men's game because they are high percent shots. They aren't for Stewie right now. Right call by her.
I was thinking the same thing.....DON'T TRY TO DUNK IT!! I think if she had , and either made it or missed it , Geno would have snatched her out and it could have effected the morale and spirit of the team. The youngster made the right call.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I wondered as she raced down court and I think it occurred to her as I thought I detected a certain measuring of her steps. And Doris called for it on the broadcast. In the end I was glad it was just the layup. I think dunks in the women's game are a little silly - as CL82 said, it is not as high a percentage shot as the layup, so it really is just a showboat move. Stupid in a tight game and maybe a little unsportsmanlike in a blow out.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Mo had more breakaways off of steals but she adamantly refused to dunk also. Was kind of hoping she would sky and throw one down.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Dunk schmunk. Who freaking cares?

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
I wondered as she raced down court and I think it occurred to her as I thought I detected a certain measuring of her steps. And Doris called for it on the broadcast. In the end I was glad it was just the layup. I think dunks in the women's game are a little silly - as CL82 said, it is not as high a percentage shot as the layup, so it really is just a showboat move. Stupid in a tight game and maybe a little unsportsmanlike in a blow out.

The relative absence of the dunk shot is one of the things that makes women's college basketball appealing (at least to me).

Reaction Score
The relative absence of the dunk shot is one of the things that makes women's college basketball appealing (at least to me).
Same here. I prefer the women however because IMO the men's game is too flashy. More basics in the women's game and obviously me being a girl who's college-aged you can identify more with the players(the same goes for the WNBA too, though not as much).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom