Stewie's 4 NC statement has an interesting trajectory | The Boneyard

Stewie's 4 NC statement has an interesting trajectory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
While treating myself to watching the NC games from 2013 and 2014, the absence of any mention on the before, during and wrap-up commentary on TV of her now famous statement. It was not until there was one minute to go in the 2014 title game that it was mentioned. I guess it is not really "news worthy" until you already have two under your belt since it has certainly been in the news since then.

Reaction Score
Among the reasons 4 in a row is so difficult is because in order to do something like that, a little luck is needed here and there. No serious injuries (Morgan's knees notwithstanding), and some timely loses by opponents. Stuff like that.

Stewart's freshman year was dominated by Britany Griner's senior season. Baylor was supposed to win it all (again). UConn had already lost to Baylor (it was close and away, as I recall, but still). If Baylor had made it to the finals that year, we can only wonder what UConn might have done against a fired up Griner/Sims led team. It might have been one for the ages. But we will never know. And Stanford had a first rate team that year and lost in the sweet 16. We all hoped that UConn would win it all, but that year was NOT like the last 3 when we all kind of knew how it was likely to end. (the real fun for next year is that we really DON'T know how it is going to end).

Stewart, Jefferson and Tuck were great talents, great players AND lucky. That is a tough combination that is unlikely to be repeated. It was a special time and we all got to share it.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Stewart's freshman year was dominated by Britany Griner's senior season. Baylor was supposed to win it all (again). UConn had already lost to Baylor (it was close and away, as I recall, but still). If Baylor had made it to the finals that year, we can only wonder what UConn might have done against a fired up Griner/Sims led team. It might have been one for the ages..

Stewie has the game she had against ND that year; UConn wins big time.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It's never happened before in the history of WCBB. Having said that, should UCONN win it all again this year (unlikely but possible), then Saniya will be able to make the same claim!!

Still, I agree with Milford - it's unlikely we'll ever see the equivalent of that again. UNLESS UCONN lands Walker in 2017, and then DeCosta, Collier and Williams in 2018...!!

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
It's never happened before in the history of WCBB. Having said that, should UCONN win it all again this year (unlikely but possible), then Saniya will be able to make the same claim!!

Still, I agree with Milford - it's unlikely we'll ever see the equivalent of that again. UNLESS UCONN lands Walker in 2017, and then DeCosta, Collier and Williams in 2018...!!
And Tierney!

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I think she was a freshman and Briana was a sophomore when they joined. Each has three NCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom