Stewie's 2nd half against Louisville was epic..... | The Boneyard

Stewie's 2nd half against Louisville was epic.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
UConn AAC champs.jpg

Breanna Stewart had a tough 1st half shooting against Louisville last night. She finished the half 2-9 from the field with 7 points. Stewie did have 8 rebounds, a block and a steal, so she contributed in other ways. But after a brutal and physical first 20 minutes, Stewie took over the 2nd half and willed UConn to convincing victory, 68-48.

In the 2nd half, UConn had 9 field goals, Stewie had 7 of them. The rest of UConn shot 2-16 (12.5%) while Stewie was 7-12 (58.3%). UConn scored 25 points in the half, Stewie had 15 of them. :cool: She added another 6 rebounds for a career high 14 for the game. She had the same number of blocks (3) as Louisville had assists (3), while playing 19 of 20 minutes.

In a game with 26 called fouls, Stewie had 1. She almost matched Louisville's 17 pts in the 2nd half points by herself w/ 15. :rolleyes: With KML and Stef held scoreles, and MoJeff and Bria getting only 1 basket each, Stewie dominated the 2nd half and left no doubt about who is the best player in WCBB. It is getting hard to be surprised by Stewie. ;)

Go Huskies..!!

Last edited:

HGN

Reaction Score
Beautiful photo......Nice looking trophy. Now let's go get 2 more pieces of hardware. The AAC and NCAA.

Reaction Score
I thought Stewie became a different kind of basketball player in the 2nd half. I am guessing Geno told her at half time to suck it up and get as physical with LV as they were with her. I can remember the days when she hated to be hit, but in that second half she played with a whole different aggressiveness and energy. She played almost the entire half in the low post, hitting people and jumping and running all over the place. It really was epic. The announcers in the second half pointed out how Shimmel was standing around instead of moving and then showing the contrast with Stewie running around like crazy to get open. That was one of the most incredible low post performances I have ever seen.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I, also, thought that Lv made some defensive adjustments towards Bria, KML and MoJet on the perimeter that freed Stewie a bit more. Too many tools for UCONN and every one a sharp one.

Reaction Score
A telling moment was with the shot clock running down, the ball was thrown to Stewie, took a couple dribbles, stopped and took a jump shot and found nothing but the bottom of the net. It has to be devastating to an opponent, when you play good defense for almost the entire shot clock, and someone like Stewie, makes a play that looks effortless. There was no hurry, and unlike most shots at that time, it was actually just a normal play for Stewie.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
As Geno reported, it took a while for Stewie to get going offensively after she got out of the witness protection program she was in for the first seven minutes. But if the Cards are edging out to the perimeter to take away those devastating first half threes, Stewie has more room to range around the paint. These games are always won by adjustments to adjustments to adjustments.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The offense in the second half was broadly lacking for both teams--except for Stewie.

Side note--Morgan Tuck has an extremely nice collection of dresses. But I still want to see her in a uniform. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom