Stewie 3rd FF MOP in a row! | The Boneyard

Stewie 3rd FF MOP in a row!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kind of like how the refs sometimes anticipate calls - they anticipated she would be outstanding and she was not the best player on the floor tonight. A great player, but Jefferson deserved it. She was special. Congrats on number 10!

Reaction Score
Stewart and eveyone else with a clue knows Jefferson was MOP. What she did scoring the ball, stealing the ball, assisting the ball, running the offense and put the clamps on Jewel Loyd...............yes THAT Jewel Loyd, was spectacular and as clutch as it gets.

What a great person Stewart is for acknowledging it on the big stage.

Reaction Score
Stewie was very good..but I don't understand how they didn't give it to Mo either. Great game by her and she completely shut down Lloyd.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Jefferson was far and away the best player on the floor tonight. She showed up offensively for UCONN and shut down Loyd, that was impressive. I think it was "super star treatment," similar to how Parker won MOP when it probably should have gone to the less heralded Anosike in 2007 and/or 2008.

Reaction Score
I thought Stewie was the MOP in the first half. I thought KML was the MOP in the second half. And Mo was the MOP over the entire game. :cool:

Reaction Score
Forget Moriah's 15 points (2 huge 3's in the 2nd half), 5 assists and 4 steals- Her defense on Loyd was friggin' unbelievable, holding Loyd to 4 for 18 shooting from the field. Her amazing "D" was gigantic and game-changing. By virtue of her defense alone (though I know that never gets awards) Moriah was the MVP. Stewie humbly acknowledged that, and everyone else with a brain bigger than a pea knows it, too.
Beautiful, Moriah. Just beautiful.

Reaction Score
It is the Final Four MOP, so the Maryland game factors in too.

I still give it to Mo, she played well against MD too and convincingly won her head to head battle in the second half against ND, while Stewart lost hers. But maybe folks had made up their minds already. Stewart was a beast on the boards in the first half.

Reaction Score
I believe the Final Four MOP takes both games into consideration. Across both games I can see Breanna being considered the MOP.
I does and she should have been considered, but it was Jefferson that deseved the hardware, IMO.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Definitely agree that Moriah or possible Kaleena was the MOP of this game. Kaleena's 3 down the stretch was the dagger that put Notre Dame Away. If MOP is for both games, then Stewart was the MOP of the Final Four.

Reaction Score
I find it weird they seem to have the MOP picked out before the game? I love Bre but....?

Reaction Score
I thought Stewie was the MOP in the first half. I thought KML was the MOP in the second half. And Mo was the MOP over the entire game. :cool:
Talk abot PC!

Reaction Score
The MOP is based on the final four not just the final. Stats over final 4 pretty comparable with Stewie the slight edge based on:
Pts - 33, Reb-23, A-3, Bl-8 and St-4 to MoJet Pts-29, Reb-5, A-10, BL-0 and St-6. Stewie deserved Final 4 MOP as did MoJet and a co-mvp imo would been fine. Stewie a lot of class as usual saying that MoJet deserved it and imo as long as Stewie got the championship ring the individual awards just not as important to her. Glad to have the both of these terrific players to watch for another year and going for 4 for 4 in NC'S.

Reaction Score
I find it weird they seem to have the MOP picked out before the game? I love Bre but....?
I was wondering about this this morning. How do they pick and who picks? Seems like they know who wins it before the buzzer even. Stewie said that she felt like she won it only because it was an opportunity to make her the first woman to win 3.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Press row picks, usually. There are ballots that are given out about... 5 minutes or so before the game...is over.

Reaction Score
huskies29 said:
The MOP is based on the final four not just the final. Stats over final 4 pretty comparable with Stewie the slight edge based on: Pts - 33, Reb-23, A-3, Bl-8 and St-4 to MoJet Pts-29, Reb-5, A-10, BL-0 and St-6. Stewie deserved Final 4 MOP as did MoJet and a co-mvp imo would been fine. Stewie a lot of class as usual saying that MoJet deserved it and imo as long as Stewie got the championship ring the individual awards just not as important to her. Glad to have the both of these terrific players to watch for another year and going for 4 for 4 in NC'S.

I think if you put extra weight on the second half of the ND game, then the scale swings heavily to Mo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashfan

Top Bottom