Stewart Looks Awesome | The Boneyard

Stewart Looks Awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
She knows she belongs now and is playing like it. And she isn't letting a mistake shake her confidence like she did earlier in the season. She had a couple shaky plays early, but she just kept coming. And UK couldn't do a thing about in the first half. She's why KML could sit for much of the half. That's huge.

Reaction Score
She's downright violent (that's a good thing) on the defensive end, and demanding the ball in the post. Not shying away from contact. I love it.
She surely is playing with a lot of passion on both ends of the court. It's a real joy to see her evolving from earlier in the year. We all knew that she had the skills but seemed to lack the aggression she needed to have. Then she ran into a wall and wasn't playing very well at all. Thankfully she picked the right time to emerge from that slump and all I can say is, WOW!!!!!!

Reaction Score
And the way she blocks is sick......she's finally coming out of her shell and its about damn time!!!

Reaction Score
It's been said by more than a few lately. She has the same skill set as EDD, except Breanna's already a better defender. Just wait until she gets stronger is right. She will become one of the greatest women's college basketball players ever. KML and Breanna are an incredible combination. Hopefully they can pull a double like Maya and Tina.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
It's been said by more than a few lately. She has the same skill set as EDD, except Breanna's already a better defender. Just wait until she gets stronger is right. She will become one of the greatest women's college basketball players ever. KML and Breanna are an incredible combination. Hopefully they can pull a double like Maya and Tina.
Triple.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In the first 3 games, I thought Kaleena was the best player on the court. Tonight, it looked like Stewie. Once again, she is a matchup nightmare.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I'm interested too to see what Saniya is going to bring to our table!

Reaction Score
It's amazing how far she's come in a few months. I think she was shocked by the level of physicality that opponents threw at her early on, a huge departure from what she encountered in high school. Now she gives as good as she gets in that department, and the results are plain to see. The rest of her career is gonna be a lotta fun to watch!

Reaction Score
With Breanna , the best is yet to come , she enjoys the game, and the challenges await. Any great player should want to play with KML, and Breanna.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
But it was the guard play that made Stewie's dominance possible and much of that was supplied by Mo, who played an extraordinary game.

Reaction Score
The new UCONN inspired defense with Stewie swatting away all drivers to the hoop...........UCONN will be ready for ND in NO.........Cannot wait,,,,,,,,,If they beat Duke?

HGN

Reaction Score
The new UCONN inspired defense with Stewie swatting away all drivers to the hoop...........UCONN will be ready for ND in NO.........Cannot wait,,,,,,,,,If they beat Duke?
That is indeed IF they beat Duke........That game tonight is no gimme for ND. Plus, the game is being played in ACC territory. Should be a strong Duke crowd.

Reaction Score
Breanna is a very self-aware young lady. Despite the media hype about her ability, she knew her shortcomings. She chose UConn because she knew the Auriemma staff would be the best team to complete her development. Congratulations to Breanna and the coaches - well done.

Reaction Score
Loved the obvious joy she and her teammates are taking in big plays - KML jumping into her arms at the end of the game was priceless!

I always look for KML's reaction after one of Stewart's big plays. I've seen a couple where she looks at her with wide eyed amazement.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Ive got a great feeling that as long as Stef is healthly ND is gonna be stunned. We now have a terrific point guard in MoJeff. Im looking for MoJeff to pick Diggins pocket a few times. Breanna is the new EDD of WCBB. Couple her with KML Stef and we have some terrific scorers. Did I forget Tuck and Hartley too. This is a different UConn team playing with alot of confidence. What Uconn did in the Regionals to two very good teams in MD and UK was complete devastation. It will continue. Foul trouble will still be the issue. We must stay out of foul trouble. However Kiah has shown she is playing at a different level and Kelly is shooting the ball great. I think we beat ND by double digets. This UConn team will not collapse.

Two things Im waiting to see. Diggins getting her pocket picked by MoJeff and Breanna blocking McBrides shot..a couple of times. The intimadation is back. Get ready because we just might be facing Tenn. ESPNS dream matchup...and mine too.

Reaction Score
But it was the guard play that made Stewie's dominance possible and much of that was supplied by Mo, who played an extraordinary game.

Stewart's athleticism makes it possible but that steal and one handed pass by MoJef to Stewart for an easy layup was beautiful.

Reaction Score
Her shot blocking ability is incredible. I believe most shot blockers try to have their arms closer to vertical to give themselves a chance to adjust to the angle of the shot. Stewie tries to block it while it's in the shooter's hands. More difficult to do I would think, but she is extremely good at it. Very intimidating.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Her shot blocking ability is incredible. I believe most shot blockers try to have their arms closer to vertical to give themselves a chance to adjust to the angle of the shot. Stewie tries to block it while it's in the shooter's hands. More difficult to do I would think, but she is extremely good at it. Very intimidating.
And increases the chance of not only blocking a shot, but corralling the ball as well. Although swatting the ball 10 rows into the stands is satisfying, turning the ball over is more effective in the long run.

Her block where she sent the UK player into he stands and corralled the basketball in one fell swoop...wow.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Hey - everyone is forgetting 'The Eraser' Jefferson as I think she will now be known. She has now had two monster blocks in the last two games (though the nasty score keepers gave her credit for only one!) That block last night was absolutely magical as she dodged around her own slow footed and out of position teammate to ERASE an attempted layup.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom