Stewart: I Don't Like all the Attention I Get | The Boneyard

Stewart: I Don't Like all the Attention I Get

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The Courant requires you to log in, which i would rather not do. Anyone have a synopsis of the article?

Reaction Score
If she doesn't want attention she went to the wrong university.

I'm sure Stewie likes SOME attention--but being in the public eye brings nasty and uncalled for attention. Also the loss of privacy is a huge loss for these kids. Wife ran into Ann Strother in a Manchester Mall--she was with other players--my wife adored/s her. She asked if she was Ann Strother--the group denied she was--but Ann, the nice person she was acknowledged it. It hard for these kids to hide even in a crowd.
Wife is still thrilled with the meeting--and Ann and Sue are her forever favorites and a bit sorry to have violated Ann's privacy. This is the major reason CD and Geno drop the Texting/Facebook/Twitter/ Instagram stuff to minimize the negatives for the kids during the "season".
No kid walking into the Uconn bubble of frantic fans and media can every know what it's really like until they arrive in Storrs. Look at us on the Boneyard we are all salivating with every tidbit of U'conn or recruit parcel offered--and it's the off season!!!

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I feel like Stewie would get attention no matter what university she attended.

Reaction Score
Breanna Stewart.jpg

The little girl on the left is instantly recognizable, but who is the beautiful young woman on the right?:rolleyes::cool::)

Reaction Score
The way she played, the way she moved and acted on the court and off last year appeared that she was just so confident and comfortable with her game.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I feel like Stewie would get attention no matter what university she attended.

Even Mississippi Valley State? Wingate? Mt Olive? Lewis and Clark ? :p

Reaction Score
I'm sure Stewie likes SOME attention--but being in the public eye brings nasty and uncalled for attention. Also the loss of privacy is a huge loss for these kids. Wife ran into Ann Strother in a Manchester Mall--she was with other players--my wife adored/s her. She asked if she was Ann Strother--the group denied she was--but Ann, the nice person she was acknowledged it. It hard for these kids to hide even in a crowd.
Wife is still thrilled with the meeting--and Ann and Sue are her forever favorites and a bit sorry to have violated Ann's privacy. This is the major reason CD and Geno drop the Texting/Facebook/Twitter/ Instagram stuff to minimize the negatives for the kids during the "season".
No kid walking into the Uconn bubble of frantic fans and media can every know what it's really like until they arrive in Storrs. Look at us on the Boneyard we are all salivating with every tidbit of U'conn or recruit parcel offered--and it's the off season!!!
They're only banned from twitter. They are on all the other common social media sites during the season.

Reaction Score
They're only banned from twitter. They are on all the other common social media sites during the season.
You are soo right!! Corrected and understood. Jest of the posting was that undue over exposure sometimes brings undue/unexpected negatisms. I listed all the Social sites because I wasn't exactly sure which one(s) was/were disallowed by Christine/Geno. But thank you for being specific and right.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
is that Buckland or one of the many strip malls in the area?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
they may be on them but I dont think they "post" on any of the others.

I do know they love "Candy Crush" tho

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
The Courant requires you to log in, which i would rather not do. Anyone have a synopsis of the article?
that insider crap sux... luckily I subscribe to the Courant but I hate that I must log on to the many devices I use each time I want to read a story. Cant share a link on Facebook because most of your friends are not subscribers

Reaction Score
they may be on them but I dont think they "post" on any of the others.

I do know they love "Candy Crush" tho
They do post on the others during the season. Stewie's IG for example has posts during the season. So did Bria and Stef's. Pick your favorite player and I'm sure you'll find them posting away during the season. Most FB accounts are private these days, but I'm willing to bet they don't stop posting there during the season. I think they ban Twitter because that's the only one they could get away with before a mutiny occurred. They are still teenagers (some of them anyway) after all, and not even CD or Geno can force them to unplug entirely for half the year.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Isn't the record for a single WBB game like 105? Stewie will get 106
In 1982, Cheryl Miller (USC, and sister of Reggie Miller) scored 105 points in a high school basketball game. She and her coach was harshly criticized afterwards by other area coaches, parents and the local media. She played for Riverside Poly in Riverside California in the early 80's. The league game was against Norte Vista High School, a weak team that had a losing record at the time. As I recall, she scored the 105 points in the first half. Because of embarrassment, and the mockery that was beginning to ensue, the other school refused to come out for the second half. The latest female player to score 100 points in a game is Epiphanny Prince who scored 113 for Murry Bergtraum High School (New York) on February 2, 2006.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
They do post on the others during the season. Stewie's IG for example has posts during the season. So did Bria and Stef's. Pick your favorite player and I'm sure you'll find them posting away during the season. Most FB accounts are private these days, but I'm willing to bet they don't stop posting there during the season. I think they ban Twitter because that's the only one they could get away with before a mutiny occurred. They are still teenagers (some of them anyway) after all, and not even CD or Geno can force them to unplug entirely for half the year.
I don't do IG... but I can tell you they're not very active on FB during the season. Their accts aren't that private, and if they are they will freely let you in. People post on their page/wall during the season but that doesn't mean they are actively posting themselves

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
btw... they may be "tagged" in pictures or comments which make them show up on their timeline but if you know FB tagging isn't the Owner creating messages, comments, pics etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom