Stewart; 2015 USA Women's National Team To Embark On October 2-10 European Tour | The Boneyard

Stewart; 2015 USA Women's National Team To Embark On October 2-10 European Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Among those selected, University of Connecticut senior forward Breanna Stewart is the only collegiate athlete to make the roster. She will be playing alongside former Huskies Sue Bird (Seattle Storm), Tina Charles (New York Liberty) and Stefanie Dolson(Washington Mystics).

Expected to participate in the 2015 USA Basketball National Team European Tour are: Elena Delle Donne (Chicago Sky), Candice Dupree (Phoenix Mercury), Brittney Griner (Phoenix Mercury), Angel McCoughtry (Atlanta Dream),Candace Parker (Los Angeles Sparks), Danielle Robinson (San Antonio Stars) and Courtney Vandersloot (Chicago Sky).

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/093015aaa.html

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I wonder if Geno now has a book full of set plays so the non-UConners can cope and those play books were handed out a while ago, apropos of DT's storied warning to him about the WNBAers.

HGN

Reaction Score
This should be an outstanding learning and experience opportunity for Stewie. And she will come back a better player for it. In the meantime her Husky teammates back in Storrs are continuing to practice and get better. This is an opportunity for Collier and Katie Lou to get even more minutes in the pickup games as well. Playing in a spot that Stewie would normally be occupying.

Have a good trip Stewie.

Reaction Score
I would love to see Stefanie Dolson make the Olympic team. I'm not sure if she'll make the 2016 roster; but I do think she has a good chance at some point in the future. She's not a DT, EDD, Griner, or Bird, but she's a great teammate who could be a fantastic role player.

Happy for Stewie!!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
There's either more guards to be named later or those are going to be some strange lineups.

By position:
Stewart (4/3)
Bird (1)
Charles (4/5)
Dolson (5)
Delle Donne (4/3)
Dupree (4)
Griner (5)
McCoughtry (3)
Parker (3/4)
Robinson (1)
Vandersloot (1)

There's no natural 2-guards. McCoughtry is probably the best fit but beyond that you've got to either run 2 PGs or test the assertion that Delle Donne and Parker can play any position.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I would love to see Stefanie Dolson make the Olympic team. I'm not sure if she'll make the 2016 roster; but I do think she has a good chance at some point in the future. She's not a DT, EDD, Griner, or Bird, but she's a great teammate who could be a fantastic role player.

Happy for Stewie!!

Not a Griner? I'll take that. BG is a nonpareil - an outlier - but not without limitations. Stefanie has talents Griner does not have or has in limited quantities AND she has a consistency the BG lacks. Some nights BG doesn't show up. Every night Stef shows up. Stef makes her team mates better. BG, not so much.

Reaction Score
Not a Griner? I'll take that. BG is a nonpareil - an outlier - but not without limitations. Stefanie has talents Griner does not have or has in limited quantities AND she has a consistency the BG lacks. Some nights BG doesn't show up. Every night Stef shows up. Stef makes her team mates better. BG, not so much.

Very true! She also doesn't have an arrest record :(

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Griner sucks. Leave that dead weight at home.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Is any of this going to be streamed? I would love to see Sloot on the floor with BG/EDD/Charles/Parker. I am guessing she will make some incredible passes to the post players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom