Stetson Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Stetson Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Agreed on being loud, the few times Stetsun went on a run the crowd got real loud. EVERYONE not a UConn fan is rooting for the underdog.

Reaction Score
Was Newton a bit amped up early? Two or three 3-pointers off the backboard.

Felt like lob to Clingan for dunk was a statement. After Stetson big man got the goaltending call it seemed like he was talking smack to Clingan. I could have read it wrong but it was nice to see Clingan dunk with some energy.

Karaban started strong but lost his stroke, not sure if before or after the nose shot.

Stewart is giving us much needed quality minutes.

VA Blue Dog

VA Blue Dog
Reaction Score
I don't know how he does in practice, but in games, it looks like he belongs. He has a calm demeanor for a "clean up" player. Does not come in hunting for shots or plays. Let's the game, which at that point is out of reach, come to him.
Agree! He's big and loose. That was a great finish he had.

Reaction Score
Do you? They played like garbage
C329AF5A-8670-48B7-871A-81C50B517904.jpeg

Reaction Score
Was Newton a bit amped up early? Two or three 3-pointers off the backboard.

Felt like lob to Clingan for dunk was a statement. After Stetson big man got the goaltending call it seemed like he was talking smack to Clingan. I could have read it wrong but it was nice to see Clingan dunk with some energy.

Karaban started strong but lost his stroke, not sure if before or after the nose shot.

Stewart is giving us much needed quality minutes.
They made a comment about how the balls feel different. Maybe he was overcompensating

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Great day for UConn. My 15 yr old sons first live UConn game. We had pretty good tickets right next to the tunnel. After the game my son asked Tristen for his game towel. Tristen looked at him smiled and took it off from around his neck and gave it to my son. Has his number 2 taped on it. Best day a father could have. Go UConn.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
At the halftime interview, Hurley was pissed at the team for the way they played the last 2 minutes of that half. Can't imagine what he will say about their performance in the 2nd half.

Bottom line survive and advance, but most of that 2nd half was not pretty basketball on our part. Great first half tho! On to Northwestern!!
Still increased the final margin. We weren’t holding them to 19 or less in both halves. It always gets sloppy when you think you can have your way with a team. 19+33=52. That’s pretty darn good defensively.

Last edited:

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Nicely done. Onto Northwestern. UConn contingent has to be super loud and intimidating for next game. Force refs to give UConn every 50-50 call
The refs were horrible today. The reason the second half looked bad is the refs just mucked up the game. On one of his lob dunks Clingan was absolutely hammered made the basket no whistle. He looked at the ref and smiled I think he said come on and the ref shrugged his shoulders. Northwestern has a big group in town. If you are local we really need to represent. About to go to Dook game it will be interesting to see how that one sounds.

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
The refs were horrible today. The reason the second half looked bad is the refs just mucked up the game. On one of his lob dunks Clingan was absolutely hammered made the basket no whistle. He looked at the ref and smiled I think he said come on and the ref shrugged his shoulders. Northwestern has a big group in town. If you are local we really need to represent. About to go to Dook game it will be interesting to see how that one sounds.
It's not the first time this season, but it really bothers me when Castle plays 25 seconds of great man defense, and the refs totally job him.

This will be a mirror matchup vs. NW...good shooting team with a player that can go off. Castle understands the assignment. We do have to exploit our rebounding advantage better than we did today though.

Reaction Score
We crushed our fist opponent in a realistic title defense run at arguably the high point of our program, game full of great performances and all we have is a 3 page post game thread with half the comments negative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom