Sterling Gibbs Enjoys Ohio State Visit, Decision Expected Soon | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Sterling Gibbs Enjoys Ohio State Visit, Decision Expected Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I'll say this again. IF, and that's a big "if", Sterling ends up going elsewhere other than UConn, then I think a safe assertion is that someone threatened alerting the NCAA if he followed through to Storrs due to tampering. UConn fans have been blabbering on message boards for a couple months now how he had interest in UConn even before the season was over, so if random people on the web know, I'm sure more connected individuals in the game caught wind. I'd say most likely it was someone at Seton Hall or one of the schools recruiting hard for him. We all know being a rat is totally ok if it means it helps you or hurts your rival in some way.
Wait. What?

C

Chief00

According to SNY, Gibbs is planning to schedule more visits. Let's hope he's so blown away by The Dairy Bar that he cancels whatever he's planning to schedule.

If we are putting our hopes on the dairy bar - we have got ourselves a problem.

Reaction Score
We were hardly on ESPN. We were mostly on ESPNU and SNY. Not the same. Pitt and OSU are more visible on the major tv market. If tv exposure is more important, than Pitt and OSU is a better destination (' AAC:mad:).

Nope. ESPN, ESPN2 and CBS. The majority. And more than almost every single team in the ACC except Duke and UNC. Tied with Louisville.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Honest question with no attached opinion. Do you guys anticipate our number of ESPN/ESPN2/CBS "real" national games to increase or decrease over the next 5 years or so?

Reaction Score
Honest question with no attached opinion. Do you guys anticipate our number of ESPN/ESPN2/CBS "real" national games to increase or decrease over the next 5 years or so?

The reason UConn gets so many of these games is the ESPN and CBS TV package with the AAC. They have to show a certain % of AAC games on those networks. I believe CBS has to show 3 games.

So, if UConn's share of those games drops, it means that schools like Cincy, Memphis and SMU (doubtful) are going to pick them up.

Reaction Score
@CallMeBruce @tcf15 still view UConn as the overwhelming favorite and that we'll land him officially Thurs./Fri? Also, do you really believe he's going to take the visits after UConn or he's just saying that

Reaction Score
Nope. ESPN, ESPN2 and CBS. The majority. And more than almost every single team in the ACC except Duke and UNC. Tied with Louisville.

The games they played on ESPN were not primetime.....

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
What else can you ask for being in the AAC? UConn gets more national programming than most power 5 teams, I for one like others are not gonna complain about the time of day.

Reaction Score
I live in North Carolina and I was able to see about every UConn game between CBS Sports, ESPN, etc (I don't have any sports packages or anything). There might have only been a couple of our cupcake games (Coppin St. or CCSU) that might not have aired. There was never a time where one of our games were on and I couldn't find it here. I think we do just fine with exposure.

Reaction Score
I live in North Carolina and I was able to see about every UConn game between CBS Sports, ESPN, etc (I don't have any sports packages or anything). There might have only been a couple of our cupcake games (Coppin St. or CCSU) that might not have aired. There was never a time where one of our games were on and I couldn't find it here. I think we do just fine with exposure.

Really? I thought most games were only on SNY. I never really noticed otherwise because i had it (even though i'm in VA). I just cut my cable to the most basic so I need to make sure i can still watch my Uconn games this season! Sounds like I'll still see most of them if i can get CBS sports somehow not through a cable company.

Reaction Score
Really? I thought most games were only on SNY. I never really noticed otherwise because i had it (even though i'm in VA). I just cut my cable to the most basic so I need to make sure i can still watch my Uconn games this season! Sounds like I'll still see most of them if i can get CBS sports somehow not through a cable company.

I think ESPN has some deal where they carry all of the SNY games out of market or something. I watched the vast majority of UConn's games last year on WatchESPN.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Stop grasping at straws. Our national exposure is better than virtually every other school in the country with 5 or so exceptions. The examples in this thread prove it to be true regardless of how much some of us try to refute it.

Reaction Score

On the Ohio State visit:
"It was good," the elder Gibbs said of the trip. "We were there Friday to Sunday, so a three day trip. We went out to dinner, saw everything there. The basic stuff [on a visit]. We went over film and looked at how they can help his percentages and all of that. They showed us the ways in which they would need him to score. Their message to us was that they need a floor general and a leader. I think he would fit in well there. It's a good school with a great atmosphere. He would do well. The coaches are good guys too. Really good guys."

On the UConn visit:
"We'll be at UConn from Wednesday until Friday morning," he said. "We're looking forward to just seeing the school. We haven't seen it yet or really talked with anyone from there. After that, I'm really not sure if we'll take any other visits. He's considering N.C. State, Iowa, Temple, and Baylor [in addition to UConn, OSU, and Pitt], so we'll just have to see. I'm not sure when he'll have a decision. I really can't say right now. We're just looking to see how he fits in at each school and which place is going to give him a great college experience this last year."

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Ok so its still going according to plan. I don't expect any other visits after this week and the competition is OSU. While OSU may be a "nice place with some nice coaches" its still a football school. UConn is a basketball school with an NBA guard experienced head coach that is also really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom